Veeky Forums's top 100 books for 2017. Voting thread - day 1

With the release of that terrible top 100 chart by the fake Polling user that is loaded with Japanese cuck lit, its time to get a new chart created for the 1st half of 2017. The voting form is below.

Like with any voting thread on here, troll responses, Reddit-tier votes and people artificially inflating votes for some books will be deleted.

If you have a favourite author its fine to vote them multiple times.

If there are any flaws with this voting system or you would like to see changes to it - e.g. an option for a negative vote or two, I can do that.

Voting:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSer1V_-u_LhqXLa4-xPeCrycYIqy8ss75X3RcaFPZMkODRnCg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Responses chart:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_aanz5Q8Czs0aNA2G_ZtnIwYolN7uk3m_h5N1RLhso/edit?usp=sharing

>Like with any voting thread on here, troll responses, Reddit-tier votes and people artificially inflating votes for some books will be deleted.

translation:

>i don't like the chart so im gonna make up my own chart and arbitrarily exclude books

stupid redditor

You can see the results for yourself. If other voters complain or point out obvious trolls and vote inflators then they will be deleted.

I'm not going to delete responses randomly. I'll keep them there and highlight possible invalid ones and others can verify.

no one cares holy shit

you faggots need you spend less time making charts and more time reading

this is a shit idea
>muh transparency
go read instead

What have been your favorite books of 2017 so far? Who are the best current authors?

no. we aren't making the 2017 top 100 yet.

No I think we're done with this for a while

but we already did user

I don't see a need

cuck

oh look ITS THE EXACT SAME FUCKING BOOKS THAT WE SEE ON EVERY FUCKING CHART

kill yourself op

>Zettel's Meme on this high
>Zettel's Meme on the chart at all

it was rank 30something in 2016, newfag

lurk moar faggot

Why are autistic teenagers this obsessed with charts an ""r8ing"" things?

it's easier than picking up a book and reading

Rank 30, as in people with an IQ of 30 have pretended to read it.

the inherent competitiveness bred by our individualist society manifests itself within all facets of human society, even liking things.

>last years chart was retarded too so it's fine
>newfag
plebbitor pls go

i vote for ulysses, ij, and gr between 10 - 20 times every time i see a poll thread

i never read a single page of any of them

i think i tossed a couple of votes for zt last year

who gives a shit who reads what? it's Veeky Forums retard, the board's for memes and shitposting.

It's fun.

I was hoping people vote for something different. It has only just started.

There are so many good French, Russian and German authors/philosophers that never make it and get outvoted by American pomo. Maybe some will this time.

>it's all just le funny meems anyways
>lmao who cares haha xDDD
Leave and kys yourself, underage redditard.

>pomo is bad
>wants shitty philosopher memes

you need to go back. you've already proven yourself to be a bigger cuck than polling user ever was , and it only took you 3 posts. amazing faggotry.

FUCK
OFF

we can make in november

Voting again just because I refuse to have a top 100 chart without portrait of the artist.

>all hesse

Bump.

This is lame. Make a suffering chart instead.

>Le funny memes XD Arno Schmidt wrote that big funny book XD!

Why don't we start doing mini votes every month of what the best book you read that month was?
Then we can combine them at the end of the year for an actual representation of the highest voted books of that year.
I know someone here has the timtams to make that happen.

obviously, it would work different, but I'm imagining something like the last.fm 3x3 but for a whole boards book taste rather than an individuals music

Everyone gets one vote for the best book they read that month, then they get combined for a Veeky Forums top (10 or something, whatever) of may 2017
Then in January after the votes for top books of December are counted, some nerd combines all votes and makes the top 100 of 2017

See for voting on non-fiction books

Just saying that the 'top 100 of 2016...2017...2018' concept is not working as it's the same books as before just with fresh new memes added in.
People always want to vote for their favourites every year and thus vote the same way every time.
This way we would be able to see what people actually read and enjoyed in that year, at the moment its more a representation of what the people on Veeky Forums like in general, not what they actually liked in that year.

we have had three threads today about this chart, please fuck off already

>namefagging as clive palmer

lmao why

What happens if people vote for very similar, but not quite identical books? Like "Selected Poems" vs. "Complete Poems"

greatest hits selections should not be counted. choose an actual book of poetry.

'Selected poems' and similar stuff is hard to tally. If its a collection that everyone knows of or is the standard from an author/philosopher, it can be used, but others e.g. selected stories by Chekhov, 'Story XYZ and other writings' wont be.

Someone already voted Complete Works by Shakespeare. Should I allow complete Shakespeare or only allow separate votes?

this. Rating art is neoliberal ideology in all its perversion.

>rashomon
>kawabata
>obscure japanese nip shit
ok

>Obscure Japanese nip shit.

>Ryunosuke Akutagawa
>Not obscure

is this what it feels like to be a pleb.

Holy fuck are you seriously crossing out Master of Go and I Am A Cat because its "Obscure Jap Shit"?

Are you fucking retarded? No wonder these polls fail. This is going to be just as fucked as the last one

Man the annoying thing about having Shakespeare's Complete Works in the list is it always goes top five but we never get an indication of what people like. I think people should be forced to vote for one text (as with other authors).

>hesse crossed out for 5 of the same author, unrealistic

Glad to see my vote immediately nullified. OP must be the same guy who ran the last one.

reddit tier thinking

This. OP is just triggered his favorite memes didn't make it into the top 100 so now he's making some stupid competing list where he gets to arbitrarily pick things.

>randomly crossing out japanese books because he's a plebwho hasn't heard of them
>randomly crossing out ij
>randomly crossing out hesse

etc.

pretty stupid

Fine, I uncrossed the Japanese books and Hesse.

I didn't cross those out you idiot.

Why cross out Jitterbug Perfume?

is this OP retarded or just a complete pleb? He keeps crossing out real books.

cause op is a frogposting faggot

Fixed.

Why do you discord people still post here?
Nobody is ever going to believe your pic was legit, not even in the future.

i dont know or care what a discord is and ive never been there

but if you don't understand why op arbitrarily crossing out votes is a Bad Thing you might just be retarded

my name is Odyssey is still crossed out

as is the golden fleece

as is infinite jest

OP you're obviously not well read you really should let someone else run this poll, or stop trying to play god

I'm not deleting anything.

You can still see what I have crossed out. I fixed the Japanese lit that was crossed out and the other book I missed when I crossed out an entire row and undid some.

Fuck off Vivec. For those who don't know, this salty ass hater got run out of the discord for his low posting quality and generally disquieting demeanor, and is trying to revenge himself by photoshopping logs and inventing fake conspiracies against him and his Veeky Forums that subsist only in his snowpea brain. The man needs a doctor, but is fain to glut his neurosis on petty trolling.

stop crossing things out period you stupid frogposting faggots

this poll is rigged as fuck we should just use the original 2017 chart

Look at the Infinite Jest row you moron.

I left one of the entries. I'm not going to fucking record five Infinite Jest entries for one person.
>My Name Is Odyssey.

I Googled it and checked Goodreads before crossing it and nothing came up.

The fake list you're pretending to advocate not only arbitrarily crossed out votes (if it took any into account at all) but didn't show any results. This one does, so as much as OP dropped the ball on opening with the shitter frog pic, they still have my vote over yours.

t. Discord faggot.

So is the Veeky Forums Discord cartel really a thing now?

idk what this fiscord shit is but maybe you should stop taking it out on us with a shitty poll

Yes, "discord" is codeword for Reddit.

The "original 2017 chart" doesn't exist. Vote results were never posted, and the threads were up for a spread total of 4 days or so, weeks ago. You immediately deleted your second (or third?) one as soon as your so-called discord troll dropped that log cap into it. There were so few voters that most #1 books would have made it onto the list, and most voters will notice that their top picks didn't make it onto the list. Not even lurkers are ever going to believe you. Give up.

Tiny brain: Not using discord in TYOOL2017

Medium brain: Being on Veeky Forums 2.0

Powerful brain: Being on the private Melynx Veeky Forums discorsd

Can someone tell me what happened to the other poll and why my votes are being crossed out on here?

ok i read this board like once a week so i missed this

that doesn't make this current poll any better

you seem to think I'm one of "them" (???)
try reading less Pynchon novels jesus

B-Brothers Karamazov Represent, hahaha!

To the one who crucified himself with Hermann Hesse responses, thank you

>muh discord shills

frogposting redditor wants to do le epin chart like the one he saw on r/Veeky Forums, gets mad when BTFO, has to invent boogeymen like all redditors who come here and get triggered by "problematic opinions"

you have to go back

No clue, I know one of the past in-progress "top 100 charts" was so heavily invaded by users with referral traffic from places other than Veeky Forums it was entirely scrapped.

The "Golden Fleece" votes are just the same discord trolls trying to drown out this thread with samefag comments. You should delete the entire rows.

I'm fucking tired of this Discord. At least the Melynx people have the decency to behave like a "secret society" and tap only the best anons to join their ranks; you guys though never pass up an opportunity to shit all over a thread with your injokes and sophomoric "raids". I speak for all of Veeky Forums when I say: fuck off!

t. melynx

I was until people started chimping out.

I'm only crossing that which is obvious samefagging, and stupid obscure books that one person wants to make on the chart.

Once voting is over we can vote on what should stay or go and suggest other adjustments.

Among them right now...
the narcissists in the discord are just a variety of bored and shitposting /mu/ kids. like any loser who wishes to loiter day away among links to videos no one's gonna watch, and memes that even they're not sure what was meant by sometimes, its an unremarkable place full of unremarkable internet kids. nothing special. not worth the attention

>autistic 13 year old style buzzword speech
>epic dfw memepic
get cancer soon

>1 person

just because you've never heard of akutagawa doesn't mean he's obscure you illiterate monkey

stfu about you gay discord shit holy shit

Suck my dick wanker. You're just jealous you're not in and have to post 'mong the proles.

>stupid obscure books that one person wants to make on the chart
Okay, you're better than the discord shits but not much. Fuck off and let someone do a real poll in a couple months.

Melynx boys run this board. Stories published in McSweeney's, Electric Literature, Brennon's. And Veeky Forums 2.0? Nothing but a pity party for those who couldn't make the cut.

I'm not crossing stuff out anymore. The idiot that keeps spamming Kawabata and Japanese stuff along with the same classics is going to get half of his votes disqualified though.

really? which authors are in the Veeky Forumserati?

>I'm not gonna cross stuff out
>except when I am

are we sure this isn't just a stupid discord false flag operation ? there's no way OP is this retarded right?

>McSweeney's Publishing is an American non-profit publishing house founded by editor Dave Eggers in 1998
>Dave Eggers

you might want to brag about that on r/writing, not here

>being this much of an illiterate memester

>are we sure this isn't just a stupid discord false flag operation ?
considering how hard they've been trying to damage control even here, no, I'm sure it's not

>stupid obscure books that one person wants
>literally discards valid honest opinions from his survey of opinions
>uses his puny retarded frogfaggot literature baggage as a measure for obscurity
Yeah, you can fuck right off, shartsniffer. If you want to see same stuffy high-school world classics rearranged slightly differently I suggest you use last year's chart and MS Paint instead of shitting up the board with your oligophrenic mental diarrhea.

Look at the highlighted results. There's one fag that keeps posting Lolita and his favourite Japanese author.

polls are for dumbposters

>A Tale for the Time Being - Ruth Ozeki
All the others are obviously the same discord kids trying to discredit it but no, really, you're not qualified for this

you know jap lit gets posted here all the time right? you know kawabata won a Nobel prize and is super fucking popular among the posters of Veeky Forums right? you know there's a mishima thread at least once a week right?

I hope op and discord die in a fucking plane crash together

stop shitting up this board you guys are worse than /pol/

>92 posts
>33 posters

this is undoubtedly another discord poll

just fuck off you discord shills

The row with Miller and Ozeki is mine. It's the only time I have or will vote in this poll

my vote got dismissed as samefag. holy shit this poll is a disaster. kill yourself polling user.

>if only you could post more than one reply in a thread

really starting to think op is from this discord shit

can't you faggots just stay in your little playground and leave this board alone