He owns a unitasker

>he owns a unitasker

woah I just got major circa 2008 Veeky Forums deja vu

I love Good Eats but jesus christ he needs to stop with the "lol just go to your local hardware store and spend 50 hours building X tool instead of just spend $10 on one" crap. Also the baking episodes are horribly boring

>He sucks Alton's dick and takes his word as gospel

Unitaskers are massive time savers when you know how to cook and can evaluate items based on how often you will use them and how easy they are to clean. Unitaskers are money sinks if you're a beginner cook (which his show was aimed at) because you don't even know what you enjoy cooking and thus can't evaluate what you'll need in the kitchen. You also don't have the experience to realize what tools you already own can do the task. Nor do you have the experience to understand what makes a tool hard to clean / a pain to use

Literally all cooking shows are advertisements for cooking utensils. Why do you think when they cook stuff they have like 20 dishes full of ingredients?

I bought an apple cutter that I use almost everyday. Best $2 I spent.

AB likes apple cutters

fuck you, a garlic press is useful

and how else am I supposed to juice a lemon?

Fuck off, I use my food slicer all the time

Yeah

That's right. He doesn't consider them unitaskers because they can be used with other fruits for a variety of purposes.

You can definitely use an egg cutter for stuff other than eggs, soft fruit in particular. Offhand I can't think of anything else to do with my garlic crusher, but I guess it could be used to paste just about anything (anchovies etc).

Sorry man my rice cookers gonna take up my counter space because it gets used all the time and it makes the best fucking rice

Same, Ive tried cooking rice with a pot on the stove and it just aint the same as the rice cooker.

That's what a ricer is for.

If you put play doh in the garlic press it will make hair

Your parents hated you.

Rice cookers aren't unitaskers, though. You can use them to steam vegetables.

You guys just inspired me to add an egg slicer to my Amazon list. That would save so much time on preparing sauteed mushrooms.

>fuck you, a garlic press is useful
these fuckers waste like 8% of the clove by leaving some of the 'meat' trapped in between the husks. crush the cloves and remove the 'meat' easily, this is actually faster.

>and how else am I supposed to juice a lemon?
these fuckers waste like 15% of the lemon by trapping a lot of the non-pressed flesh at the top, instead use a manual hand juicer. if you use key limes, then having the press is justified.

(I have all these items because when people come over and help cook they ask for them >:[ )

>these fuckers waste like 8% of the clove by leaving some of the 'meat' trapped in between the husks. crush the cloves and remove the 'meat' easily, this is actually faster.
It's probably a lot more than 8% but what I do is load some onion in the back after the garlic and press till there's just onion left in the press. Though I don't bother with the anymore and just use the pommel of my chef's knife and chop

>these fuckers waste like 8% of the clove by leaving some of the 'meat' trapped in between the husks.

>Not removing the skin before pressing.