I've got a final revision of the religious texts chart I made. I tried to take all criticisms into account...

I've got a final revision of the religious texts chart I made. I tried to take all criticisms into account, removed the unabridged Talmud (no one's going to read that), and made the Buddhism section as inclusive of the different schools as I could.

Hope you guys find it useful.

Thanks.

Thanks

It's always nice to see a new Veeky Forums chart

That Mahabharata set is aesthetic as fuck.

Oh yes thank you, I've been looking for this

Thanks for this, user. Will be very helpful for summer study.

Fantastic work. Saved.

Have a (you).

Thank you very much!

Thanks user, really helpful

Nice. Have a little bump

thank you, this chart is very well done

You forgot the fundamental texts of Hinduism, which are the Vedas.

Also RSV-CE is much better than NRSV.

Also a good Midrashim collection would be a good addition to the Jewish section.

Does anyone know of an equivalent to Reza Aslan's No God But God, but for Christianity and Judaism? Looking for a book that is somewhat unbiased, which covers the history and circumstances that led to the modern interpretations of those religions.

Islam is kinda missing. You should've added Kutub al-Sittah. But overall, it's a great chart.

Thank you.

The list should include the Pure Land Buddhist Sutras, those are some of my favorites

A History of Christianity - Diarmaid MacCulloch

It also gives background on 2nd Temple Judaism, which Christianity obviously grew out of.

Thanks a million!

I know but they're not exactly introductory and are hard to understand. The epics and Upanishads have more developed beliefs.

>You should've added Kutub al-Sittah
I couldn't find a good translation for all of them and I thought Al-Nawawi's forty would be ok for novices. If you know of a good translation do let me know!

Thank you so much. That is exactly what I'm looking for.

i have no idea where to start with any of this. im interested in indian and chinese religion, anyone got any help? the only thing i read really was journey to the west.