Let's organize every science subject by order of difficulty

note that we don't need to be very precise, applied math should be considered approximately the same difficulty as math.

1. Mathematics
2. Physics
3. hard engineering fields (ee, aerospace, nuclear, material)
4. computer science
5. chemistry and biology (tied)
6. other engineering fields (chemical, mechanical, industrial)
7. environmental science

share your own and your thoughts

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_logic#Modern_logic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Difficulty is subjective
Also, what really is difficulty ?

>Mathematics
>science

come on now

it is, but only in part. There is still clearly a varying degree of difficulty.

>applied math should be considered approximately the same difficulty as math
>computer science
go fix a printer.

>math is a science subject
>math is difficult
If math was more difficult than physics, they'd have a higher IQ on average, but they don't.

are you implying computer science is applied math?

Then what is applied math?

>muh IQ

>If math was more difficult than physics

but it is

Physics is just glorified "solve for x". The abstract mathematics stuff on the other side... See the shit that chinese turbo sperg Veeky Forums loves to shill wrote.

the list looks OK but I would have included geology somewhere. Maybe on top of environmental science

>Mathematics
>Analytic philosophy
>Logic
>Physics
>Chemistry
>Engineering
>Computer science
>Biology
>Neurology
>Medicine
>Ecology
>Economics
>...
>....
>.....
>......
>.......
>......
>.....
>All other social sciences
>All other humanities
>All X studies
>All speculative/heterodox academic branches (semiotics, cybernetics, continental philosophy, Marxian economics, e.g.)

This is an objectively true list and anyone who disagrees is a pleb.

>Computer science
>Anything but pajeet-tier

pajeets are more into mechanical engineering retardation than anything.

>Logic
what the fuck do you mean

>what the fuck do you mean
It is the most fundamental formal science out there. Modern developments in logic require the level of abstraction only the brightest of us can attain.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_logic#Modern_logic

This board is too busy trying to prove to other random internet strangers that they are the true superior internet strangers. I don't understand is this board really that diluted? Just focus on what you are studying rather than trying to prove how smart you are with your iq "tests" and various infographics that try to rank something subjective like difficulty.

but I don't want to keep studying what I study if it's a brainlet subject.

>Medicine that low

What the fuck? There’s just no way that’s correct.

to learn it is very easy. In terms of studying it in academia it's the hardest of them all

>CS under chemistry

Hello pajeet, CS is not developing websites and Java iOS apps.

Cs is unfortunately a very stained field. if you say you studied cs to a normie they will compare you to their friend pajeet's sick computer skills, even if pajeet did a professionnal degree in I.T

because that's what computer people are in their view. 90% of "computer guys" are just people that know how to open a cmd prompt or how to do html

who?

Why is math considered the hardest? If anything I'd say physics is harder, at least for me. I certainly couldn't pursue academics in science, say something like chemistry.

economics unironically belongs near the top

hello pajeet, chemistry is not just dissolving things in ethanol

youre unironically a brainlet, i know women who get straight As into their senior year studying econ

>muh undergrad courses are hard
a brainlet is you

Most of the "easy" sciences are only easy because their behavior is too complex to accurately model. But yes, most Environmental Scientists can't math, and those who can stick to 1st order differential equations and game theory (which is hard to do but easy to understand).

Which brings me to an issue in math that Game Theory exemplifies. Most brilliant Game Theory models are not complicated to understand. They are almost lie "of course, I can't believe no one put it in those terms before", But those models are rare, and only brilliant people come up with them. 95% of the applied Game Theory is obvious shit even though it is done by very smart mathematicians. So here we have a huge gulf between "difficulty" and "brilliance".

This is seen in geometry too, though most people miss it. Brilliant proofs are usually astoundingly simple (comparatively). So we recognize that simple things, things that are easy to understand, are often times the most difficult and impressive to come up with.

everyone learns chemistry in highscool bro

>Analytic philosophy
Is this true today? The days of Quine and Davidison are basically over.

Dude, the hard part about math is coming up with arguments. Once you see an argument, it's easy. There's no challenge to a problem whatsoever once you know how to solve it..

But often times those arguments are quite simple. The OP and other discussions of this nature don't take this into account. The "hardest" math out there is not the most brilliant. So when we try to rank fields of science and math like the OP asks us to do, most people take the outlook of a student and not a researcher. Fields that are hard to understand as a student don't match up to fields that are hard to make contributions to as a researcher.

I like you, user

>Fields that are hard to understand as a student don't match up to fields that are hard to make contributions to as a researcher.

Can you give examples? I agree with you that there's a fundamental difference between being a student and a researcher.

>But often times those arguments are quite simple.

Yes, the arguments are simple. What I'm trying to say is, every argument is in a sense easy. The hard part is coming up with the argument in the first place. I'm unsure what your point on this matter is.

>most people take the outlook of a student and not a researcher.

Certainly but it's also subjective. Making contributions as a researcher in general is a very difficult task, which often plays to your strengths / weaknesses. I couldn't imagine being outside the realm of math.

Making contributions to mathematics is probably the single hardest thing to do.

>note that we don't need to be very precise,
You listed Aero. Eng. and Mech.Eng. two tiers different than one another, but these are essentially the same field

I gave Game Theory as the perfect example. Nash Equillibrium can be understood by Business Majors at descent schools. Evolutionary Equilibrium is also relatively easy to understand. Those were groundbreaking, brilliant models.

I gave Geometry as a field that even normies can understand, but most of the "simple" work was done a long time ago.

Yes, but sometimes those contributions are astoundingly simple to understand once they are made.

Engineering gets made fun of here but certain engineering fields are very complex and hard to understand, as much so as most fields of physics. However, we don't consider this.

Cellular Automata are also very simple to understand.
A lot of CS theory is, actually. It gets very complex, very quickly, but the base ideas are understandable by bright high school students.

dude what program did you use to make the infographic?

give exemple

it's literally just people getting themselves fully subscribed into one branch of something, and to make themselves feel better they rag on anything else.

I didn't made the image

Okay, it is clear to me now what you mean. Basically what you're describing is creativity vs understanding things. I agree. It doesn't take creativity to sit down and read about something until you get it but it takes a lot of creativity to actually come up with the concept in the first place.

someone post that asian ph.d thesis about calculating rectangles under a curve

I mean we've been around animals and bred them for thousands of years before we discovered evolution. Cell theory only really came about in the 1830s.

Math has been around forever though, so it's really not that difficult of a concept.

so

1 gender studies
2 computer science
3 biology
4 math
?

This was good until cs wasn't adjacent to physics

Some of the math is very difficult. Econometrics is very advanced applied Statistics. Economic Modeling can get complex quickly. Most of the field is bullshit though, so we subtract points.

That image is just so wrong.

why?