FAVORITE LIQUOR THREAD

Currently in love with Fireball Whiskey...what's your guy's favorite liquor, whether cheap or expensive?

Other urls found in this thread:

britannica.com/topic/distilled-spirit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>fireball

I remember when I first started drinking.

You have to be 18 years old to post here kiddo.

My favorite liquor is probably a nice dark carribean rum on the rocks, but I got a bottle of some maple flavored crown recently and it's been a guilty pleasure as of late.

fireball actually isnt whiskey your getting meme'd ya little brat

notice how the bottle says whisky and not whiskey

normally here on CK i'm not cool with people ganging on someone who is new to a food, a drink, or a technique

fireball is straight fucking garbage

*you are so dumb*
*very very dumb*
*la la la*

Fireball is expensive where I am (australia), I don't mind it but it's expensive and certainly not babby's first drink here.

>paying import prices for literally candy flavored "whiskey".

That's why I don't buy it.

Mix Fireball with Cream Soda over ice, tastes like a cinnamon bun, one of my favorite fall drinks.

>see the words "cheap" and "liquor" in the catalog
>click the thread in hopes of getting some good cheap liquor recommendations
>it's another "autists sperging out and gatekeeping" episode

Picked up some of this for 40 dollars on sale. stuff any good?

Currently:
>pic related

But you should be exploring constantly. I hate people that become devotees of any one thing and start shitting up threads with how the thing they like is the only thing you should touch.

I'll help forgposter-san.

Try Eagle Rare 10 year.
It's Buffalo Trace's single barrel, and it's pretty damned good for 30 dollars.

Drambuie or Fernet

Cheap local gin mixed with homemade ginger beer

You're literally paying top dollar (from the sounds of it) to drink antifreeze

Maker's is my go to for bourbon, Knob Creek if I'm in the mood to spend. Beefeater for gin, but when I go out it's usually New Amsterdam.

I'm drinking some Taketsuru 12 tonight. It is up there with one of my all time favourite whiskeys.

are we limited to whiskey? I have a bottle on hand at all times that is pretty much never the same (currently Glenlivet 12), but I always keep some Jinro soju for a quick fix.

I've only had the 10 years and Quarter Cask. How does this one compare?

Guilty pleasures are Old Crow whiskey and Mr. Boston blackberry brandy. The latter is straight up syrupy garbage but it is fun to sip.

>asking for liquors
>posting distilllates
never change, Veeky Forums

Distilled spirit, also called distilled liquor, alcoholic beverage (such as brandy, whisky, rum, or arrack) that is obtained by distillation from wine or other fermented fruit or plant juice or from a starchy material (such as various grains) that has first been brewed. The alcoholic content of distilled liquor is higher than that of beer or wine.

britannica.com/topic/distilled-spirit

Eat my ass you fedora wearing bottle flipper.

Global rule 2

>Distilled spirit, also called distilled liquor
citation needed
liquors is a surrogate of distilled spirit, bet in your country it's fine serving a peach cream while you ask peach eau-de-vie instead.

Mother fucking Britannica was my citation you asslicker.

Here's the garbage I drink because it's the cheapest whiskey in the liquor store.

>spiced rum
Even at 45% it still tastes like burnt asshole
Triple Wood is meh, Laphroaig should stick to making
>10
>QC
>10 Cask Strength
>PX
>Cairdeas
>15
>18
Anything else is shit
Try Craigellachie 13, its usually cheaper, higher proof and much better heather honey character than Dalwhinnie
Why drink cheap crap to get drunk when you can drink delicious stuff, get a buzz and not waste buying constant 1.75L jugs of literal ratshit and have 1 good bottle to sip off of over a month?

What kind of liquor do you like and what's your price range?

No no, you buy a good one for the first two glasses, then switch to the ratshit to get nailed.

>Try Craigellachie 13, its usually cheaper, higher proof and much better heather honey character than Dalwhinnie
Thanks for the suggestion, user! I will give this a try

I'm rotating off of Jim Beam and moving towards Captain Morgan.

This drink is for chicks,dude get on that 150 Bacardi will put hair on ya chest

For me, it's Glen's.
Possibly the worst vodka I've ever tasted but it's the one I buy the most.

For the patrician's choice
>that'll be 2 pounds please

Lithuanian mead

Love that stuff, doubt Americans even have good access to decent mead

My favorite thing about this is the price

Fork over $1.09 and you can stop thinking about your responsibilities for a while

t. white girl on Spring Break

Call me a nignog if you want, but I’ve tried pretty much all the different types of spirits including all the sub-varieties if whiskies from bourbon to Japanese whiskey to Islay Single Malts and at the end of the day, my favourite drink will always be... cognac. I don’t know what it is, but cognac just blows everything else out of the water. I like pic related for something not too expensive but not low end and if I feel like splurging a little, I’ll drink some of my Remy XO. Perhaps one day I will buy a glass of Louis XIII, but spending $7,000 on a bottle of booze seems stupid to me. However, something like pic related is already pretty awesome!

Bulleit Rye whiskey
Macallan Scotch

Killed company's laptop spilling this shit. Beside that I think that may be on of those you love it or hate it things. I hate it.

Brighton gin is heaven

I told you to keep Finlandia in this place.

Anyone tried this? Saw it at the store and was considering picking it up.

I always keep coming back
Not the best rye even, but definitely my favorite for drinking regularly

Have you tried dickel rye?

it's $5 cheaper here and taste is on par with bulliet for me

I literally can't drink fireball anymore, it makes me gravely ill

>f5
>Kraken
>No results

You fags have shit taste, especially the faggot that says spiced rum tastes like ass, go finish your wine coolers sweetie and come back when you want to drink men's alcohol

I'm pretty sure they source it from the Midleton distillery, since it's the exact same bottle as Redbreast.

>South Boston
So it's $5 a pint? Does it also come with a wife beater and a crack pipe?

it was my introduction to bourbon and still is my favorite. it's timeless.

Kraken is only good rum if you are 22 years old and can't afford the good stuff. Now for the money I will admit its breddy gud but you can also get much better rums for the same price, like Old Monk for example.

Unfortunately I live in Virginia, which has state controlled ABC stores for liquor and they usually have shit for choice, if I'm out of state I'll keep an eye out for it, but in the meantime I'm enjoying my Kraken on the rocks with a splash, mighty fine

Poor shitpost. Should've said a faded Pats hoodie and a sandwich baggie of fentanyl. Opioids are the new crack in NE.

>Kraken on the rocks with a splash

splash of?

Well I don't live there so how would I know? I just go by stereotypes and Southies are a unique brand of white trash

Dihydrogen Oxide

whats the point of adding a splash of water when it's on the rocks? you know what ice is right? and you know what happens when it melts?

Why? Its not particularly harsh and as such on the rocks is enough - no need ot water it down.

Just softens it a bit, also makes it easier to drink so that by the time I'm halfway through my second, it's usually 30 minutes past my first and I'm feeling good

South Boston is formerly a shitty place that's gentrifying at an insane pace with lots of condo developments. The literal south Boston (Mattapan, Rozzie, etc.) are the refuges of the ultra white trash you're thinking of.
To keep it Veeky Forums-related, Grandten also makes one of the better NE rums.

8ball Vodka made in Nantucket is some bretty gud shit

>it's $5 cheaper here and taste is on par with bulliet for me
that's because they're both MGP rye, so they're literally the same product

It tastes like ass.

>Fireball Whiskey
Great part about Fireball is you just need to add a tiny bit more propylene glycol and you can vape it.

>says the faggot who drinks Mike's Hard Lemonade

>MGP
This.
Some more expensive brands like HighWest are also mass produced MGP garbage

>mass produced MGP garbage
I'm the guy you're replying to and MGP isn't an automatic mark of garbage quality, their ryes are pretty decent as reasonably priced rye goes
the problem is that every MGP rye is exactly the same, and the majority of ryes are MGP

goldschlager is dryer and less sweet.

my favorite drink is a Guinness with a nice big shot of goldshlager in it.

mixing beer and liquor together is criminally underrated.

It is garbage though.
I especially hate all these hipster "craft" distillery fucks packaging it as their own "local" whiskey.

by what measure is it garbage
it's perfectly decent and palatable rye, the only real issue is that over a dozen different distilleries bottle the same product and call it their own
that's a shitty practice, absolutely agreed, but it doesn't change the way the stuff tastes, which is fine

>by what measure is it garbage
Because I say it is. Tastes like overly ryed garbage.
it's mass produced shit, no passion or love is involved in it's craft and you Reddit whiskey retards just drink it up saying "mmmm this one tastes slightly more of rye than that one, wow hmmm"
Fuck American "whiskey"

>Because I say it is
couldn't even try to appear credible huh

They all taste like shit. I mean, bad even by vodka standards.

ketel 1. i drink it more than water

I'm going blind, but who cares. Now go drink some water, kids.

>66 proof
>full of sugar

I only drink it in restaurants with groups as like an after dinner mint

My nigga

4 kids by kids!
Party wolf! Awoo!!

>couldn't even try to appear credible huh
Why would I try to be credible, this is Veeky Forums.
Now fuck off back to your Szechuan sauce and shit whiskey

How long is Blanton's aged?

>Why would I try to be credible
I thought perhaps you intended to be taken seriously but I'm glad you're content to clown for the rest of us

>glad you're content to clown for the rest of us
"I take Veeky Forums very seriously, just like my whiskey"
Tell me why you think MGP isn't garage, newfag?

I no longer have any interest in treating you with any kind of dignity given how you freely admit you're an insincere shitposting child
>this is Veeky Forums, nothing is serious here
this is how everyone can tell you're a redditard trying too hard to fit in by the way

Stuff is good

I like my women like I like my whiskey; twelve years old and mixed with coke.

>redditard
Says the faggot who drinks syrupy shit rye, and takes the internet seriously.
Kill yourself you fucking cancerous mongoloid

sounds like you're taking the internet pretty seriously right now buddy

>no longer have any interest in treating you with any kind of dignity
*Unsheathes Katana*

psshhh, you wish it was nothin personnel

Sounds like you're a faggot who is self conscious about his shit whiskey

I agree mgp is shit. Gives me a headache everytime

okay