Why are physicists so superior to everyone else? I mean actual Physics PhD holders...

Why are physicists so superior to everyone else? I mean actual Physics PhD holders, how come they're so far up there in the intelligence scale compared to all the mere mortals?

Vid related, three segments in consecutive display showing Richard Feynman contradicting on national television the head of NASA during the hearings of the Rogers Commission (President Reagan appointed commission to investigate the Space Shuttle Challenger Disaster).

youtube.com/watch?v=raMmRKGkGD4

It was later identified that the O-ring (circular rubber band-like "stuff" used for sealing apertures on the solid rocket boosters) wasn't manufacturer recommended to be exposed to the unusually low temperatures of the launch day.

That's right, with a fucking cup of ice water and a piece of O-ring this guy debunked in 15 seconds months and months of NASA damage control on national television.

It's wrong though.

What is, ser?

>Why are physicists so superior to everyone else?
They have an overdeveloped creative side, like artists. And, like artists, they are overwhelmingly full of themselves. But that's alright you can ignore them... just like artists.

You can't be possibly trying to compare the relevance of the implications of a physicist's creative side to that of an artist's. I hope I read you wrong.

Apparently this man beat his wife for disturbing his study of calculus.

> actual Physics PhD holders

What if an honorary degree is turned down, does that count or no because "muh credts"?

Pimp hand strong. He gets better and better the more I learn about him.

What would the world be like today if that obnoxious whore kept annoying him to the point he hadn't learned it properly?

Depends. Really, really depends. Honorary degrees can be either due to politics or merit, usually the first is more common the second, which then wouldn't be the case here.

Yes, you're terrible at reading.

That is pretty based. It is interesting that the company that NASA tried to scape goat is still attacked today. As an aside, the company is actually owned by Mormon Polygamists, and the company helped fund Polygamists camps for years until in fighting and shady leaders destroyed the community.

Of the three comparisons I made, that was not one of them.

What the fuck are you talking about? All of my professors (excluding some particular cases that followed the rule from ) were fucking stupid, just lab monkeys, or guys who just did little work on theoretical phisics and did little after getting their PhD grade.

Don't get ahead of yourself. Feynman was a special case.

There are people like that in every scientific discipline. The public really likes to hear about physics and astrophysics though (compared to the other sciences), so you get to know more of the physicists as household names than the biologists or chemists.

That's my hypothesis.

It's weird, but he doesn't strike me as all that smart.

John Von Neumann just tears your brain in two when you hear him talk, but Richard Feynman sounds like your average guy you meet on the street.

>It's weird, but he doesn't strike me as all that smart.
That means he is smarter than you. Communication is a skill in itself. The fact that he can communicate these concepts in everyday language means he is very intelligent.

this. when I read QED my mind was blown at the material, then again realizing how he was able to articulate it all so well. I should read it again seeing as I've forgot most of it, though (but that is on me, my forgetting isn't due to a lack of explanation on his part).

this

>John Von Neumann just tears your brain in two when you hear him talk
where did you hear him talk? I've only seen a very short clip.

Feynman himself said he felt the engineers at NASA were nudging him in the direction of the O Rings because they knew where the skeletons were hidden. He didn't just read through the blueprints and figure it out on his own.

its the only science that is popularized in the media, biology can't obviously because too politically incorrect, chemistry I don't know why probably cause it doesn't have some dumb gimmick like space.