Black garlic

Been wanting to try this but couldn't be bothered ordering it online. Finally saw some in a store today ($5 for 60 g) and bought it.

I've tasted a clove and I don't hate it. But what should I use it for that really makes it shine?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fB9C5DxcqAc
youtube.com/watch?v=V--Sf5Jqu5o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Make a rub with it and rub it on some lamb. Let that marinate for a day then roast it up with some fresh veggies

youtube.com/watch?v=fB9C5DxcqAc

My mom thinks it's a superfood and gave me pounds of it. Tells me to eat like 5 cloves a day

imagine the fucking smell

Been a while since I had lamb anyway. I'll try that.
Do I add regular garlic as well or would that defeat the point?

Yeah, I lasted about 20 seconds. Sorry.

Yeah, I read the label. It goes on about how this garlic is organic and has all kinds of heath benefits and I can just eat the cloves raw as a snack. Really poor grammar and spelling too so I'm starting to think this is just some local hippie who convinced the store to stock some of her weird garlic. Ah well.

Actually doesn't really smell all that bad. But I keep it in the garage

make a burger

youtube.com/watch?v=V--Sf5Jqu5o

I don't know about you user but when I eat a lot of garlic or onions the smell manifests itself in my sweat and no amount of scrubbing or soap can remove it.

It's an Asian thing so it's probably Engrish, or rather Gelman. It tastes a little bit like tamarind so maybe with something to cut through fattiness or richness.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe black garlic is especially popular in South Korea. They eat the cloves raw as an appetizer. Also, in a related note, South Korea has one of the highest incident rates of stomach cancer. Go figure.

$5 for 60g wtf? Was it still fresh? I can get a kilo for $20aud.

>Also, in a related note, South Korea has one of the highest incident rates of stomach cancer. Go figure.

I suspect that's due to their crippling alcoholism more than anything.

Yes.

More likely. I dislike the other guy who assumed correlation = causation. I'd like to compare it to other nations with high alcoholism levels. Compare it to Japan.

It's because of all the pepper paste they smear on everything

t. Korean

Why are Koreans and Japs such an alcoholics? It is even considered disrespectful to drink less than your boss or something, like wtf.

Workaholics are almost always alcoholics

Have you tried foil roasted? Don't know about black garlic but it's definitely the way to go for regular garlic.

Blend it with butter and use it for frying.

$900 dollarydoos

It's nice if you add it to your salmon marinade

I will try both of these. Thanks!

Don't you mean $85? Its still expensive for stuff all garlic

Don't fry in the butter, that will ruin the garlic. Baste it towards the end of frying