I'm so tired of being alone and trapped in a backward third world country where everyone is so dumb and shallow

I'm so tired of being alone and trapped in a backward third world country where everyone is so dumb and shallow.

Imageboards are the only place where I can find people like me, who share similar interests and thoughts.

I'm so desperate, I wish I could live with any of you, I don't care if I have to sleep in your backyard, I just want someone to have meaningful conversations with and discuss literature, politics, philosophy, capitalism, A.I, the future of society, etc, maybe work together in literary projects.

what country

America

Somwhere in South America, close to Argentina.

It never gets better.

go to college or move to a college town

Whats the name of that art? Who is the artist?

im going to argentina next month, want me to bring you some food or something

Not OP, but I'm in a college town (one of the top universities in my country), and it's no better. University is now just a place where people scrape by with the minimum effort because they are more interested in the job outlooks for their major of choice and partying than actually seeking knowledge.

Let's share contact info, you can live with me if you don't mind sexual experimentation.

The only humanities they teach at college are psychology and pedagogy, and everyone is exactly the same.

uruguay is cool man, all that weed and stuff

by the way, as a S. American I used to feel like this when I was younger, but once you actually start to leave your room and meet people, this feeling goes away. Just grow up and start to working on yourself, instead of being a sorry-ass about everything.

im an american and its gay here too. i think moving to mexico city would be cool

Junji Ito

When I was in high school I intentionally took easy classes even though they wanted me to take the Track 1/AP classes. The Track1/AP students were huge snobs. I ended up going to local community college and so did about half the people in the Track 1/AP program from my high school. The worse snobs were all taking remedial english and math classes at community college(Uncredited courses) to get up to community college minimum standards. I tested out of a few classes for credit. I asked one guy about it that I knew and he said there were like 10 people in the Track 1/AP classes who actually kept up and understood what was going on...everybody else cheated off them and the teachers looked the other way. In the low track classes I took the fucking teachers went nuts if anyone got caught cheating and people got suspended.

When I got a job in an office I heard the same thing from people with degrees from good colleges/Universities. Most of them just parroted information back and quickly forgot it or cheated on papers and tests. They didn't know or understand shit.

How do I meet people? should I go outside and randomly start talking to strangers?

Bus depots, Train Stations, Rest Stops are good places for young socially isolated men to learn socialization skills.

Or to meet male hookers.

>I just want someone to have meaningful conversations with and discuss literature, politics, philosophy, capitalism, A.I, the future of society, etc, maybe work together in literary projects.
It doesn't matter where you live, no-one discusses these things regularly in person. It's abnormal.

Great men do.

you can't really blame people when the jobs you get after graduation don't use 90% of what you learned in the classes you paid tens of thousands of dollars for. I don't know what country you are in, but in America many of the classes you are forced to take for a degree are irrelevant and are there to pad out your time spend at university and milk you for more money. I spend 4 years getting an engineering degree I could have gotten in 2-3 if they didn't force me to take unrelated shit like humanities and a foreign language

"Great men" are too autistic to have conversations. I work with a lot of PhDs (chemists and physicists) and most of them are noticeably perturbed by having "hi, good morning" said to them

Libraries, bookstores, museums, specific-interest courses, churches...

It irks me that I can't find anyone to discuss history and literature. Henry Miller had the Xeres Society to read with; Lovecraft had a gang of people that he would have dinner with and discuss philosophy; Ben Franklin recommends such groups for personal development. I can't help but feel it is impossible to find people for this.

Thats because really smart doesn't equal great man.

> I just want someone to have meaningful conversations with and discuss literature, politics, philosophy, capitalism, A.I, the future of society, etc, maybe work together in literary projects.

You wont find this anywhere, user. Sorry.

I agree about the bloated curriculum but most people with college degrees are fucking morons whose primary strength is parroting info back from mid-term and short term memory. They gained information but no understanding. A liberal arts education is supposed to be broad so students can find what they want to specialize in. The problems start in the high schools and follow through to higher education. Another major issue is that colleges have turned into diploma mills. You have to be extremely blatant at cheating before they take action unless you intentionally made an enemy of a staff member.

it's the same everywhere unless you are very rich or have very rich friends

truly? The young rich fags I talked about were shallow as fuck, even more than my nerdy-normies friends.

new money bydlo, i presume

Some were, others where from families with titles or powerful politic families(I knew them from the Nautic club). But Spain isn't the best when talking about elites, some of the people more cultured I knew had a basic educations and were mostly self taught and/or worked a blue collar job in USA parlance.

>Spain

Is there much left of old money in Spain? Wasn't your aristocratic class BTFO long ago?

tremendo cuck mariconazo que sos op

Franco bro, they are dismished but also we have all kinds of Grandes still kicking specially in the South where lots of lands is owned be few families like the Alba. You still can see drunkards with more titles than an average king.

have you ever once thought about writing? you could just talk to yourself you know. maybe then your "intellectual greatness" can be really expressed. and consequentially shit on.

I don't understand how you can browse Veeky Forums and not understand how difficult it is having a "meaningful conservation" is.

You can stick a entire horde of Philosophy grads in a stadium and there wouldn't be a single meaningful conservation, they would spend the entire time failing to find another person with similar interests as themselves.

Do you happen to be a cute girl?

I'd import you.

I discuss these things daily with literally everyone I know.

Step it up.

What about you?

I also wanted that - and I had been lead to believe that is what University would be like. Horrible terrible lie that was. As so many have said, it doesn't get better.
I have always wanted a small group of others to have fun with. True, honest fun - discussing literature and history, philosophical debates, to write or draw with. Go on hikes and picnics together, day trips to the beach all the while spurring each other to do better and be greater.

As someone above said, so many greats had people to discuss things with. Miller and Lovecraft, Woolfe, Joyce, hell even the beats had each other and Warhol had his party studio.
Who knows why such groups are difficult to find - I`ve always chalked it up to my not being brilliant. To be able to read and comprehend such works, to be interested in them, is not the same as having those talents - perhaps one cannot make a group on interest alone, there must be considerable talent.

I'm already working on a novel.