Vegetarians

>Family member becomes vegetarian
>Starts to lecture you when you have anything with meat for dinner
>Says humans are not meant to eat meat because we're herbivores even though that's just wrong
>Also thinks PETA is a good organisation

This feeling is the fucking worst. Is this something that happens more in girls? My sister wasn't like this a couple years ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html
youtube.com/watch?v=0W6mHIETXkk&has_verified=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Family member is vegetarian
>Doesn't like to make it their identity
>Doesn't lecture on eating meat
>Thinks PETA is a scam
>respects people who hunt

Feels good desu

Anonymously call them in as a child molester. Call Social Services and claim that you're a neighbor and you suspect s/he is assaulting neighborhood kids. Legally they have to investigate every tip.

> t.things that never happened

Now tell me. Is this family member a boy or girl.

>continue to eat meat
Done

Live with 3 brothers and no one is going to stop anytime soon.

I wish I had a encyclopedia amount of information in my head about the benefits of meat but I know fuck all about it.

Show them how chimpanzees occassionally hunt and how they take care to feed meat to their young.
Now if chimps are meant to eat meat then why would other apes not be? Humans had been living on hunting in the past. Some societies, even today, would just starve if not for husbandry and fishing. B12 vitamin is a concern for meatless diets too.

>I know fuck all about it.
Then how do you know your vegetarian family member is wrong?

Having a vegan family member is worse than a coalburning sister

There's only one fact you need: the bioavailability of protein in cooked meat is what uplifted naked apes into sapient men

If you want to live an authentic meat-free experience you need to undergo a lobotomy and revert to a mindless feral.

Want to know how I know you're lying

Just tell them being vegetarian/vegan is going to be absolutely pointless in less than 10 years when lab-grown/cultured meat becomes available. Ask them how can we be herbivores when some groups of people have evolved to be able to digest lactose found in dairy products.

>aunt goes to california for a month
>comes back a raw vegan and is very preachy about it
>somehow roped into her making dinner for the whole family
>getting lectured by my mom about how we need to be supportive
>the food just plain sucks
>we are all being subjected to it
>everyone hates it but I'm vocal about it
>somehow I'm the bad guy

know what our dessert was? "raw vegan cobbler"
it was a dish of almonds and blueberries with lemon juice poured all over

how the fuck do you manage to take almond and blueberries and make them taste bad? why would you do something like that?

>driving down the 405 on my way back from LA
>stuck in traffic behind some faggot with several vegan bumper stickers
>vanity plates say OCVEGGIES or someyhing like that
>vote bernie!
what is it with these obnoxious fucks? I saw two more on a one hour drive!

Lets not get too ahead of ourselves here.

I became pescatarian because meat nowadays is pumped full of stuff that turns your penis into a vagina and gives you breasts as well as cancer. Enjoy your fucking AIDS neanderthal. Meanwhile I will be enjoying the most objectively healthy diet one can have.

>tfw coalburning vegan sister

> ITT obnoxious meat eaters complaining that vegans are obnoxious

cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html

>Younger Brother and Sister are both vegans.
>Neither seem to bother the rest of the family eating meat.
>But now we all have to account for their diet choices when we go out, which was already vanishingly rare.
It irks me whenever it comes up, but not frustratingly so.

Do raw vegans eat beans? I mean you need to cook em or they might kill you but it seems pretty radical to cut out all legumes out of a vegan diet.

That has nothing to do with someone being obnoxious. It's also an increased risk of less than 1% for processed meat, it says nothing about unprocessed meat.

All meat is processed.
Retard.

this is a classic example of dumb people thinking they are smart, since they can't even interpret data

good news is those people know what they are talking about with the interpretation
the findings actually show meat eaters to be correct, and vegans to be alarmist.
eating processed meats increase your cancer risk by less than 1%
there isn't any reason to cut them out. It's such a statistically marginal amount it's actually irrelevant

Yes it is becoming more and more popular for a few reasons.

1) There are more and more vegetarian or vegan alternatives in stores and restaurants
2) The negative impact of the animal industry becomes more and more apparent
3) People start thinking about the consequences of their actions

Some people may be preachy about it, but it's mostly a thing with those who just changed their diet. It helps them adjust, thinking that they are doing the right thing.

its like I always say

nothing you do matters as long as china exists

Talk about dumb people thinking they're smart.
>eating processed meats increase your cancer risk by less than 1%
>there isn't any reason to cut them out. It's such a statistically marginal amount it's actually irrelevant
It's something like 18% per 50g processed meat, or per 100g of unprocessed red meat. Not one percent. You're thinking of the absolute risk. A daily serving of red or processed meat from 5% lifetime risk to just under 6%, which means a 1 in 20 chance of getting colorectal cancer to 1 in 17 chance just from the equivalent of 1 hotdog each day or less than 4 ounces of beef. If you ate a half pound steak regularly, you'd raise your risk of developing colorectal cancer to about 1 in 14. Start the day with a few strips of bacon and it'll be more like 1 in 12.
And that's just colorectal cancer. Other cancers were implicated but not as thoroughly reviewed, and both red and processed meats have long been associated with heart disease, which currently kills 1 in every 2 people.

>A daily serving of red or processed meat from 5% lifetime risk to just under 6%
exactly, irrelevant
18% of 5%
its nothing

if you really want to get down and dirty with number and start comparing foods you will see plants, wheat specifically implicated in much higher percentages of cancer
it was a clickbait non-story then, and it's still one today

Did you just ignore the whole rest of the post?
There is also no data on wheat as a carcinogen.

Enjoy your mercury poisoning faggot

>mother was vegetarian until recently (started eating fish)
>Still made meat dinners
>Knows PETA are scum of the earth
>Doesn't like hunting or shooting but allows guns in the house

Sprouting maybe?

Humans aren't made to eat big meat, take a peek at gorillas, nuts, fruits and bugs. But then again why should i lecture you, enjoy your cancer.

That's quite a convenient excuse for anything, isn't it?

Nice old wives myth you hormone pumped up lady boy. Has your beef dinners given you breasts yet? Hey on the bright side you no longer have to buy milk for your coffee!

Exactly. Not eating big meat is a sign of their inferior intellect.

I think chickpeas and lentils can be sprouted and eaten raw. I don't think they're all on the same level of toxicity because I know kidney beans are the worst in that regard.

Imagine being this insecure lol

I know this is probably a troll post but a lot of vegans actually say this and believe it. They say "look how strong horses and gorillas are and they don't eat meat" while ignoring the fact that they have to spend like 12 hours a day eating 25 pounds of vegetation to get their nutrition.

>how the fuck do you manage to take almond and blueberries and make them taste bad? why would you do something like that?
That is the point of being vegan user, you are evil for eating and you're not allowed to enjoy food. Ever.

Meat is not necessary to eat anymore. A long time ago when food sources were more scarce and there was hardly-no industrialization I can definitely understand the need for meat for protein. But today there are so many ways to get the nutrition you need without animals needing to suffer like they do in these mass scale slaughterhouses. We have nuts, beans, eggs, tofu, tons of alternate protein sources. I don't eat meat anymore but I am neither vegan or vegetarian (I eat seafood/fish and have a fucking weakness for crab and scallops especially) but when I see people stuffing their faces with beef burgers or sandwiches stacked with cold cuts I can't help but feel disgusted because of 1) What these animals go through and 2) the tons of shit/hormones the animals are pumped with. Perhaps the exception to this is people who hunt. I would much rather a hunter kill a deer for instance with one single clean shot so the animal doesn't suffer. People who hunt for sport can fucking hang for all I care but people who hunt to eat and use most of the animal I respect them. I hope lab grown meat because a thing but I absolutely GUARANTEE that even if cultured beef becomes available there will still be people who insist on killing millions of cows, chickens and other animals. Humans disgust me.

becomes*

your sister just has superior taste in meat.

I eat meat about once per week and I agree with you about feeling disgusted seeing people stuff themselves with pounds of it every day. I eat beans, eggs, nuts, etc. but you can't deny that meat provides high quality protein that is utilized by the body more easily than other protein sources.

I have more hope in lab-grown meat than converting everyone to veganism too. My only issue with it currently is that they're altering the nutritional qualities of it by doing things like removing the iron, which could be a bad thing. Too much iron obviously isn't good but if you're eating it once a week then there's no reason to remove it and doing so could even be detrimental. But it'll be a culture war when it's available, trying to convince people to switch. Probably need celebrities to endorse it and for the younger generation to grow up with it being available so it's not such a huge change for them, it'd be something that was always there that they'll feel more comfortable with.

>I eat seafood/fish and have a fucking weakness for crab and scallops especially
>I can't help but feel disgusted because of 1) What these animals go through and 2) the tons of shit/hormones the animals are pumped with.
You truly are a first class hypocrite, aren't you. Guess fish aren't cute enough to feel compassion towards them.

I wouldn't really say he's being a hypocrite. He says meat isn't necessary which is true, but we shouldn't be striving for the bare minimum if it doesn't provide optimal health. Depending on how much seafood he eats, his point could just be that OVEReating animal products is what bothers him.

Fish or scallops don't go through the same things chickens go through for instance and the biology is very different. Industrial slaughterhouses are fucking deplorable and the animals suffer for weeks/months whereas fish die as soon as they are out of the water. Also the pescatarian diet is objectively healthier.

The animals deserve it though
Fish are innocent

trust me on this one, animals really dont go through much pain at the slaughterhouse. it spoils the meat for them to be in trauma and pain, they are simply stunned and killed. no muss, no fuss.
the place I work, we use a special tool that is aimed directly at the brain to minimise pain,and then once it is on the head is delivers a concentrated force to the head, rendering them completely unconcious, then we slice only main arteries. the only animal I have ever seen personally not get stunned with one blow was a cow with an incredibly thick skull, so we let them go.

the cruel executions you see are simply propaganda pieces made by PETA filmed in third-world slaughterhouses that make grade-f mince for fodder

>become vegetarian
>don't tell anyone
>every family get together I get asked why I'm not eating the meat dishes
>tell them why
>they either become a master nutritionist or upset and condescending
People get defensive when it comes to eating meat.

PETA are a bunch of faggots. Fuck em. But I disagree with you about all these videos being propaganda pieces. There was a pretty big scandal in my town involving an industrial chicken farm because a bunch of workers would basically torture and pretend to fuck the chickens.

youtube.com/watch?v=0W6mHIETXkk&has_verified=1

You can definitely argue that it is sensationalized because of the unnecessary music and all. And I know there are ethics/standards the farms need to abide by but stuff like this is bound to happen eventually. Maybe not on all farms but definitely on some. When you have workers that are paid like shit and maybe have a few screws loose in the head to say the least, it's not that surprising.

Literally the exact same thing happened to me

>Become vegetarian
>Don't tell anyone
>Mind my own business and don't preach
>Simply avoid meat dishes and order vegetarian food in restaurants or cook myself vegetarian meals
>Friends/family ask me why I'm not eating meat especially the bacon
>Tell them why (avoiding bacon/cured meats due to health and meat in general for ethical reasons).
>Immediately become defensive, condescending and try to justify reasons the fat fuckers put bacon in 50% of what they eat

Why are so many meat eaters the most insecure faggots? I have two people in my family who think the more meat you can eat in one sitting the more manly you are.

Sure it did.

>Also thinks PETA is a good organisation
but that is true

It's not the pain during slaughter that's the main problem but the poor conditions that they're kept in before being slaughtered. Like chickens crammed into cages so small that they can barely move.

What's a good easy veggie dish me and my gf can make together?

Yup, people lose their shit when you stop living the exact same way. Reasonable people usually settle down after a couple of months though. I think they're testing your resolve.

Nothing 'uplifted' naked apes into sapient men, it was a gradual process
>getting your understanding of evolution from 2001: A Space Odyssey

Whenever my vegetarian sister comes to visit we have to plan our meals for her, but she gets livid when you ask her if she's going out or something or staying in

Hmm, funny. I've been an almost complete vegetarian (freegan) for 6 years. Have not experienced any loss of mental ability.

You sure? You demonstrated some just now via your lack of reading comprehension.

The fastest egg laying chicken breeds we use are highly territorial and would peck/claw each other to death in a "cage free" environment. The cage free chickens lay eggs less frequently due to our inability to simulate the prime egg laying lighting conditions and require much more upkeep, making sure they all are adequately fed and watered so the stronger chickens don't kill the weaker ones, chickens are omnivores and opportunistic cannibals, so it's a lot of work. The cage free eggs do of course taste better but at an increased cost.

Why did you title your post "vegetarians" when you're just talking about one vegetarian? Most vegetarians I know don't shove it in people's faces. Maybe they should, though. Industrial animal raising really is atrocious.

I understand just fine, I'm just pointing out that it's perfectly possible to be a mentally strong vegetarian these days, so who cares what meat eating may have done for us thousands of years ago.

You're still doing it.

The contribution of meat to human brain development invalidates the entire "b-but we're not meant to eat meat!" argument.

Yet here we are with a strong-brained meat eater defending greed-powered automated animal cruelty in the 21st century when we have harmless alternatives to it.

*hardly any
hardly no implies idustrialization was prevalent during the nomadic hunter-gatherer period of humanity
>t.retard

>also hardly-no
>hardly to no
*little to no
>t.retard

If it isn't broken, don't fix it
(your sensibilities don't count as broken)

I never argued that we're not "meant" to eat meat. "Meant" is subjective anyway. We can eat meat. We benefit in certain ways from eating meat (it's a compact protein source, etc.). But we don't need to eat meat to have modern intelligence levels. Arguing that we should eat meat because eating meat may have enabled modern humanity is illogical.

You can eat fish instead. Meat is for manbabies

Autism. How is first year philosophy going?

Omega 3= brain steroids . who needs meat which gives you tits when you can have tasty fish which is a million times better and a comparable protein content?

For me it's wild sockeye salmon, the best fish

The meat industry is definitely broken. They're creating super bacteria and wreaking havoc on the environment.
Yes crops have an impact on the environment as well but not nearly to the extent raising livestock does.
I eat and enjoy meat, but I'm not going to try and convince myself that it's not shitty for the world. Hunting and fishing are the best options for responsible meat consumption imo.

Lol look at all these babies debating diet choices in a post about being preachy about diet choices.

Pretty much sums me up. Fish do not count tp me though. The pescatarian diet still falls under vegetarian, but the diehard vegetarians won't really accept it.

Fish is healthy, and I am not convinced they feel like mammals or birds do. I am on the rocks about reptiles and amphibians, but that doesn't mean I would eat them (gross).

Aside from that, I am pretty against hunting. For myself, that is. My cousins love to hunt, and I respect that they provide for themselves sustainably. It's large scale hunting for profit that I hate. Poachers and the assholes over in Africa who go after everything that moves and then sells in the markets.

PETA I was already disillusioned with back before I veered away from meat.

Aside from this post, the only reason anyone would know I don't like eating mammals or birds is seeing me eat.

>all these limp wristed faggots actually caring about animals

what a bunch of pussies lmao

t. Someone who probably kicks dogs

I eat meat because I like it.

If you don't want to eat meat, that's fine. No one should make you feel like you have to.

if they deserve it

Isn't summer over?

>tfw live so close to seattle its pitiful
>tfw im sick and fucking tired of salmon

Try sole

South Korea is nowhere near Seattle

The fishing industry wrecks natural populations of fishes (and other species in the area that they are fished from). If you're going to protest meat eating, do seafood instead, since their practices are the unsustainable ones (unless they are completely farm raised).

God bless America

>third year of uni a year ago
>roommates are vegan girl, chinese kid (never talked to him), like 2-3 chill girls/boys
>chinese guy leaves chicken marinating in some really nice smelling chinese marinade in fridge
>vegan roommate leaves post it note on the fridge about how she doesnt like seeing meat being kept in the fridge and if we could stop that
>chinese roommate just writes on note with a red marker a huge NO

based guy desu.

Asians don't give a fuck and it's funny sometimes

Oh no, I only eat fish I actually catch. I wouldn't touch frozen fish with a ten foot pole. The stuff at the seafood market I visit is also sustainably sourced.

And no one gives a fuck.
Meat tastes good.
That's the only reason anyone needs to eat it.

Make her watch Penn & Teller's bullshit episode on PETA. Tell her that you support her views but she should understand who and what she supports. Once you've softened her up, introduce her into free range farming and meat that doesn't contain all the abstract bs. Dan Berber's ted talks on foeie grais, etc, etc. Soften her and then she'll see the light. Meat is meat and a man must eat.

If humans didn't eat meat millions of cows and other animals would never be born. Are you vegetarians saying that those animals don't deserve the gift of life? How dare you

>born into slavery and to be butchered
How dare you

I'm not a vegetarian, but eating fish and saying you're a vegetarian is stupid.

>And no one gives a fuck.
Obviously some people do

>have housewarming cause bought new house yay
>good bro recently got a new gf
>it's a vegetarian with a moral compass
>only to find out when I offer her a bbq sausage
>more meat for my bros
>eat more meat just to piss her off and make her feel guilty
I don't see the problem.

Look up pescatarian. It is clearly defined as a vegetarian who eats fish.

It just says a pescatarian is someone who doesn't eat meat. There are more requirements for being a vegetarian. Lard, offal, skin, etc. isn't meat but you aren't a vegetarian if you eat it.

Google says considering fish separate from meat is really only a thing for Catholics during their fasting holidays anyway.

Kill yourself you collosal fag

You should breed her behind your brothers back. Give her your superior meat eater seed and have your cuckbro raise your off spring