So why tf is nobody talking about the fact that the US govt admitted to aliens/ufos being real OFICCIALLY in the...

So why tf is nobody talking about the fact that the US govt admitted to aliens/ufos being real OFICCIALLY in the goddamn NEW YORK TIMES a couple months ago. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.amp.html
tedcruzforhumanpresident.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>the failing new york times
lol

Im not retarded i know mainstream media is bullshit, but the reason i bring it up is that its an official statement from the pentagon. Also link
google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.amp.html

so what if it were so?
what can the average individual do with that information?
start mailing letters to your senators and congressmen asking to see the aliens in person?
take out an ad in the personals saying you want to hookup with an alien?

>unidentified flying object
>IT'S ALIENS
then it wouldn't be unidentified would it

just wanted to know 4chans thoughts/opinions on the matter

What else could it be then? Possibly the government or some foreign one, but then why phrase it like this

Prob cause they have no more info about them than anyone else does. I've seen ufos too. I've seen them defy the speed of light also. Doesn't mean i talk to extraterrestrial aliens or know how to replicate ftl. Doesn't even particularly mean that they were spaceships either, or that aliens exist. In a hellscape such as this, such an "alien" creature would be indistinguishable from an angel or a demon, strictly abiding to the more than probable reality that human interpretation via observational sciences, biology, or physics, are significantly incorrect from describing the truest mechanics for how or why anything ever happens (or doesn't).

Rip in pasta conspiratards

So youre saying theres no point speculating because its so beyond us? If so thats dumb af

I said theres no reason for interest cause the worlds governments probably know no more about ufos than cleetus who saw a ufo once.

Well i doubt that very much, if they barely know anything then why have all the classified programs and research?

i know those fuckin aliens exist somewhere on this planet. now all we gotta do is kill them and harvest their technology for our own use.

>implying

I feel the govt is already trying to do that. I doubt it would go well though because im sure any advanced race would have failsafes and back up plans for something like that

well, i guess i would say that i'm not surprised by it. and as expected the rest of the govt is not saying anything and most of it is "classified"

also, the article only officially refers to the one program started by Harry Reid? and conducted only within the last 16 years or whatever?.

it doesn't address all the other alleged govt research & cover ups in the UFO phenomena for the last 80 years (area 51, S4, Roswell, etc.)

if nothing else all this does is piss me off by reminding me of the trillions of dollars the govt sinks into black projects like UFO stuff and keeps tech hidden from us

Implying what?

Most of the human population of this planet is a hivemind species of dopplegänger shapeshifters. It would take divine retribution or a world ending event to kill them all, there are just too many.

Exactly! Thats whats weird about this why acknowledge only this tiny part and not the rest? Its bs man its an obvious psyop

Is this some kind of metaphor or are you talking about aliens?

Aliens or demons.

I have a difficult time thinking about things OP. my mind is a fog because of all the rf pollution penetrating my brain.
i need to build a Faraday cage to live in. seriously

So you think theyre evil?

I dont have any trouble thinking usually but i cant clear my mind at all

They directly disobey god so ye.

Can you elaborate on that please?

god isn't real. so the rest of your statements have no basis in reality

Put it this way, if you saw their true form you wouldn't think they were friendly. It is only behind the facade of appearing human that they can merely appear to be friendly, but the reality is they just want your trust so they can hurt you.

What if you simply define god instead of as a anthropomorphic omnipotent force, as simply the flow of all things. I know its some hippy shit but whose to say what god is? And by tweaking the definition boom god is suddenly a rational concept

See what does that mean though? I refuse to talk in vague suggestions. Why would the appearance tellme they are evil? I cant imagine an image in my head that is just inherently evil. You can tell by how they look? Sorry but i need more than that

If my name were the tetragrammaton as it were originally spelled, who would I be?
If my birthdate were the first day of the first month of the year as the calendar originally was, who would I be?
If my zodiac sign were greek for Jesus, who would I be?
If that greek word were a dinosaur, and said dinosaur was my state's fossil, who would I be?

Nigga what? Talking like that doesnt increase anyone's understanding only ignorance

They are gross gray slimy blobs without form of limbs or bone, but they do have big eyes with yellow iris. Their slimy skin is irredescent, like spilled gasoline, and theres the absolute that if you see them when they're like this, they will be very upset, annoyed, and aggravated. Think of the pokemon ditto or muk, but not purple and less cartoony. They can form rudimentary limb shapes from the blobular extensions, but its going to take some kind of strange set of events that you'd ever see them in their original form. In truth, they are shameful and ashamed of their original existence, and will do anything to pretend they aren't what they are, so they take the shape of human.

That doesnt really sound evil though just unappealing and pathetic

They'd try to kill you if you saw their original form, is where i was going with the aggravation bit, and again they defy god. The blood of god can kill them simply by proximity too. They're very much anti-god in the scheme of things.

then you would just be referring to "the entire universe" or "nature"

Idk man i just want this discussion to be accessible to spiritual people and other things not accepted by mainstream science im not tryna argue the existence of god or semantics

ok. sorry, its just that any hint of hardcore organized religious dogma triggers me like nothing else. sorry.

i cant believe in the historical religious idea of "god"
but i do gravitate towards thinking of some kind of a "higher force", maybe the essence of the universe. the energy and life in all things. but also, the entirety of all matter and energy everywhere, including all of its forms, functions, patterns, modes and operations.

it's difficult to present it like that in most conversation because Veeky Forums will start saying "hippie, dude weed lmao" whatever
but that's the only way i can view a higher force, it is the entirety of the natural universe.
no matter what, it's difficult for me to try and describe

It literally says nothing of UFOs, let alone aliens, being real in that article. All it says is that there has been and potentially still is, although no evidence is presented, a short-lived program to investigate UFO claims. Nothing more.

Yeah i feel the same way, and it sucks because it seems like the skeptic materialists (who i generally consider myself as one) and the religious institutions both seem to scoff at this concept of god or a higher force as you put it. And yet, if god did exist that would be its most likely form, based on what i can gather about the world around me.
In any case i think that when our society truly confronts this ET situation we will also have to confront our spirituality and conception of god

Just think about it though. Yes i realize that all they are officially saying is
"we found a thing that seems to defy science as we know but we dont know what it is and never seen anything like it"

So let me ask what you think it is, or if fake, why would the govt pull such a stunt?

And you also forgot to mention the video, which could be dismissed as fake but again why would the govt do that

tedcruzforhumanpresident.com/

>when our society truly confronts this ET situation we will also have to confront our spirituality and conception of god
yes, supposedly that is one of the big reasons for the govt to cover up aliens. as per the Brookings report, they allege that most of society would go hysterically insane and completely dysfunctional if faced with the reality of ETs because it would threaten and unbalance their belief systems.
another reason i hate and despise all religion

Holy crap, how did I end up in/x/?

the video sure did seem cheesy. almost as if it were just something faked but styled as a kind of mockery to anyone legitimately interested in ufos

Dude wtf was that

"Just think about it" is how fringe sceptic arguments usually start. Countless unexplainable observations have been made throughout human history which sooner or later were explained with newfound knowledge or insight, or debunked as plain observation errors or misinterpretations. Taking any singular, irreproduceable observation as proof for the existence of something is simply idiotic.

nothing wrong with having a legitimate conversation about the subject.
unfortunately /x/ is 95% pure trash
would be nice to discuss this subject in a sane, realistic and honest sort of way

This is from the pentagon, not me. Go read for yourself and decide what you think, and please let me know, im sure youll dismiss it but id love to know your thoughts anyway

Ok but you didnt answer my question about why the govt would acknowledge it now when theyve been denying for years. Put aliens to the side for now, what is up with the us government?

What subject is that exactly? Gubbernmints hiding alien spacecraft from public knowledge?

I was thinking that maybe the whole ufo thing is the biggest organized prank in history but i doubt it desu

>inb4 hurr durr tinfoil hats aliens arent real cuz they dont teach them in skool hurr

the subject of ufos and aliens

How is this constructive? If you dont believe in aliens then explain why so you can convince the rest of us lower minds

Thats what im tryna do man lmao

okay so first off
define aliens
define real
define officialy
>inb4 define define

Its quite a pickle theyve gotten themselves into

birds, meterorites

Alright man before you pick apart every little thing just let me say i have no proof of anything im just taking certain perspectives and asking questions

Why would the government be disclosing birds and meteorites?

Wait a minute, when in the history of the established and pretty plainly logical scientific method did the burden of proof lie with non-existence?

Listen, im not claiming aliens are real because I HAVE ZERO PROOF. All im asking is why did the pentagon make such statements as in the ny times article?

Op here, let me make clear im not trying to prove aliens are real im just asking yall for your thoughts and opinion on the NY times article

>why did the pentagon make such statements
i think its an intentional and calculated slow leak. i suspect they are trying to gradually acclimate the public to the idea of alien life being a very real possibility.
unfortunately the whole world of "UFO & Alien research" is so clouded with confusion, fraud and disinformation, it is virtually impossible to have a genuine discussion of it.

Agreed and true. The reason i started this thread is to get a wider set of viewpoints and ideas to work with so i can try, probably in vain, to sift the real from the fake

As a matter of fact the more people dismiss it without even considering makes it all the more likely in my mind that aliens are real

I would love to hear ONE feasible explanation for the article that doesnt involve aliens being real, because i cant imagine it. Im not being sarcastic or whatever i really wanna hear one cuz i wanna know if its even possible that aliens dont exist at this point

THIS IS YOUR CALL TO ACTION SKEPTICS I NEED YOU PLS AND THANKS HAVE AT IT CALL ME A RETARD BUT ADDRESS THE ARTICLE REASONABLY

even disregarding the idea of an "infinite" universe, just considering the size of the observable universe, seems to make it absolutely probable there is other life somewhere. no reason to believe it couldn't be possible for other life to come here.
i believe it is absolutely possible. but i cant say that it has in fact happened because no solid evidence to support that claim.

Doesnt that make it all the more strange though? Statistics and astronomy say one thing, yet definitive material proof is always just out of reach. Shit gives me the chills

>other people dismiss it for a lack of evidence
>makes me think it's real
What is up with the surge in fringe sceptics and conspiracy followers nowadays?

If im so wrong then just explain the ny times article to me in context of the motives of the us government

Im not asking you to believe in aliens just to offer your opinion on the article thats all

How come all of these skeptics are addressing everything BUT the article in question?

The US government isn't one person or one perfectly coordinated body, it's an enormous collection of agencies whose level of information differs and who sometimes make contrary statements independently from one another. This is in fact quite a common occurence, and it's lunatic to want to derive a conspiracy from it.

Then why didnt the rest of the government denounce these fucking lunatics?

Or even one single representative of the government for that matter

>US govt
>NY times
Those aren't the same people

Alright let me work with you. Say that this is just some secret military tech and no aliens exist we are alone in the universe. In that case it would be that one agency makes the machine and another agency thinks its aliens and investigates. Why then arrive at this announcement? How do you get from there to here? Also you still didnt really address the video are you saying its fake?

Yes i know. Thank you. Its an article in the NY times about what a pentagon official said. Does that make more sense?

>Alright let me work with you.
Let's not, because you've made it obvious that you're trying to sell me false conclusions.

Stereoscopic eyes is the sign of a predator. The popular depiction of greys is that of a predator.

They do the opposite of what's objectively considered moral.

If you know theyre false whats the danger? Just humor me please and tell me reasonably what you think the story behind this article is thats all i ask

But we're that way too, does that make us evil? Granted some individuals are but still

That wasn't me i dont know where that guy was going or what he thought he was adding to the discussion.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

"aliens are real"
- albert einstein
-reddit
- aliens

>google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.amp.html

>fucking spec of dirt on the camera

ermagerd isa ufo

I fucking did.