Kikkoman is the best soy sauce

Kikkoman is the best soy sauce.
Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qII5vwqrGUo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nah whatever those little fish bottles are you get from sushi joints.

it looks like bottled water from Flint

those are kikkoman

You ain't even wrong. Always buy a big bottle when I visit the local Asian grocer.

For me, It's Mitsuboshi soy sauce

You're not wrong, I go through one of these large containers from Amazon about once a week, basically just make soy sauce soup with ramen noodles for most of my meals each day.

>Yes gwailo, have some more sodium, it's good for your heart
>You wouldn't want to be an inauthentic poser, would you?

Gotta love that metal tin.

youtube.com/watch?v=qII5vwqrGUo
Of course.

That's too much soy sauce. Do you drink all of the resulting soup?

>gallon of soy sauce a weak
>soy sauce soup

Castrol brand soy sauce tastes the best

I think it works for me because I've built up heart muscle strength over time with this routine, like how weight lifters stress out their arm muscles to make them stronger. That, or it might just not be getting absorbed that much. My stool hasn't been solid since I was still in grade school, it's mostly just either complete liquid or semi-formed mush.

That is the years of marketing to western cultures talking. Kikkoman is meh.

This nigga gets it.

Well, it's the best one I can find in my local supermarket, but that doesn't say much.

I prefer Aloha personally. Tamari is good. I've had really wine and whiskey barrel soy sauce back east

Yamasa is good, but I gotta make a trip to the Asian market to buy it at a good price. Kikkoman is solid, cheap, and readily available, so I don't mind using it.

Is there really that much difference? I mean it's like two ingredients.

>Kikkoman is solid, cheap, and readily available, so I don't mind using it.
yup

worst soy sauce i ever bought was at the 99cent store. must have been runoff from a chinese plastics chemical plant.

>Kikeoman
>Goy sauce

I always thought that soy sauce came strictly from soy beans. I was incredibly dismayed when I watched a 'how it's made' episode and they showed how they only used wheat and this completely fucked up my 'soy world' paradigm. I thought that I had been wrong all along, that soy sauce was made from wheat and used on soy-based products. It wasn't until a couple of years later I read the back label on some soy sauce bottle and found out that soy was the primary ingredient, this prompted me to do some research. Realizing that the soy sauce was actually made from soybeans restored the mystique of the sauce for me and absolutely made me hate shows that spread misinformation in addition to the cheap side of the soy sauce making industry.

Always read the labels of the shit you eat, kids.

BTW, did you know that thickeners have been used to replace rich and healthy reductions with just water and flavorings? Carrageenan, Guar gum, modified food starch, gelatin, among others are all culprits, you are overpaying for thickened flavored water.

I can only get it from restaurants and Safeway deli though reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

A lot of store brand and cheap knockoffs use chemicals to accelerate the normal process- usually it's a harsh, acidic, salt taste and little else.

>using wheat sauce

Most producers add wheat because of the aromas that it produces during fermentation. However, the resulting flavor due to the addition of wheat is also significantly different than from soy alone. I'd say that wheat makes the sauce significantly harsher/sharper, whereas soy sauce without wheat added is richer and more mellow. If you want soy sauce without wheat, you can look for 'tamari' if it is Japanese, or if you are at a restaurant ask for gluten free soy sauce.

Thanks for the info, I had no idea. Tell me something, when I have kikkoman by itself, it tastes somewhat bitter, or at least this is what I taste--is that sharpness actually the bitterness you are referring too? I don't enjoy it.

I don't know much about soy sauce and mainly use it for its umami property when making marinades as opposed to using only salt. I am actually excited to try out Tamari and will add it to tonight's shopping list.