How do you feel about chicken thighs? They seem underrated to me. Everyone either wants legs, wings, or breast

How do you feel about chicken thighs? They seem underrated to me. Everyone either wants legs, wings, or breast.

I love chicken thighs. Pepper/garlic salt/cayenne dry rub over and under the skin along with a small knob of butter also tucked under the skin. Oven baked at 390F for 1h, turned halfway through.

lol my wife's grandmother made some once and put brown sugar on them and baked them

i thought i was gonna puke

For me, it's that tender strip of meat on the one side of the thigh, best part of the chicken.

I want tendies just made from those pieces.

legs are definitely the worst, I never buy those. On personal preference I would go wings > thighs > tenderloin > breast > legs

they really are my favorite part of the bird and very underrated. I hate how everyone worships chicken breast, it's not like us americans care about it being healthier, it's ignorance/fear/laziness. If leg/thigh quarters was the only part of the bird I had to eat the rest of my life, I'd be perfectly happy.
do you start with the thighs skin side down?
I agree

I really hope they don't become a fad though I love paying such a low price for them

I make hot thighs. More meat than a overpriced wing. Usually I use Frank's Red sauce and somega Sriracha.

I debone them, butterfly the thicker side to form a flat rectangle, season them, and cook on a pan. They are delicious, always moist and full of flavor.

Cut the same thing against the grain into 1" strips and instead make fried chicken with them, it's heaven.

me too. I would just use a leg thigh quarter and use a normal buffalo sauce

ELDER GOD TIER
>Tighs

HIGH TIER
>Drumsticks

404 MEAT NOT FOUND TIER
>Wings

MIGHT AS WELL BE EATING CARDBOARD TIER
>Breasts

Chicken leg quarters are cheaper and more aesthetic in cooking.

>being so bad at cooking that your breasts are cardboard
LMAO!
just take them off the heat as soon as they cook dude

Thighs are my fucking favorite. Whether fried, braised, in a curry, baked, smoked, whatever. They're more flavorful and juicy.

kek

Agreed, legs are fucking shite. Waste of time.

to make chicken breast resemble someting edible you have to literally rape them with spices, cover in batter, or serve with sauce or additives to cover their incredbily bland taste and unapetizing texture. you can do all those things with tigh meat and they'll be far juicier and tastier.

post a quick general recipe

>I really hope they don't become a fad though I love paying such a low price for them
Too late, price for thighs has about doubled near me in the past few years.
Still worth getting, but no longer cheaper than breasts, they cost the same now.

this

except i light one side of grill and place them on unlit side for about an hour

they already did, franks redhot and sriracha both to taste
oh my, that sucks. I was really talking about leg/thigh quarters. they are still cheap here usually under a buck a pound around me

yeah thighs are cool and i don't know a single person who doesn't like them

you're taking a blank canvas and bitching about it being a blank canvas. instead of being a faggot how about you learn to fucking cook?

I use them almost always in place of breast, because they are fattier and taste better

>bone-in skin on chicken thighs
>hard to eat

pick 2. Also hard to grill since the skin drips a lot of fat and causes flare-ups quite easily. Boneless/skinless however....delicious and easy to grill.

I've bought them a few times without the bone and they were amazing. Otherwise I agree. A pain in the ass to deal with the bones.

refer to my previous post
>ignorance/fear/laziness

I'm agreeing with you, shit head

Not him, but this is what I do generally for the same type of thing
>pat dry
>rub with garlic salt
>fry skin down in a skillet for a few minutes
>flip for a minute
>throw in the oven
>toss with buffalo sauce when its done
for cooking times and temps you can look up any "chicken thigh oven" recipe.

so you are a child

I can't tell what part of his comment you are reacting to

so youre buying awful chicken, you dont know how to cook, and you have no palate

grind clove, pimento habaneros/scotch bonnets, escallions, onions,garlic thyme brown sugar,and soy sauce in blender. rub on chicken then either marinade for 2hrs or throw it in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 °or 30 mins at 400°

Best part of the chicken, and relatively cheap.
They're better kept a secret, though. Don't want the prices inflating like every other cheap cut that becomes in-vogue.
I usually bake them with some spices and make a shallot wine sauce to pour over them. My dad grills them until the skin is blackened, fuckin' delicious.
>no paprika
user pls

how do you prep them so they aren't drenched in fat, but not too dry when you store leftovers

You could grill them, or cover them in a thin coat of olive oil, season, and bake for ~45 mins. Grilling definitely creates the best leftovers ime; thighs just don't keep well because the skin gets soggy.

Makes damn good karaage. Only complaint is that the boneless thighs are also skinless. Understandable, but still.

>MIGHT AS WELL BE EATING CARDBOARD TIER
>Breasts

Git gud, faggot. You're overcooking those breasts.

make piccata and you will never shittalk breast fillet again

thanks bros

Yeah they are the thinking man's grill cut

I hate thighs, but for fitness and bodybuilding they're great since they're cheaper than breasts

Make piccata with the leg and you'll never eat breast again.

Sure, overcooking causes the tough cardboard texture. But even if you cook them properly there's the problem that they're seriously lacking in flavor compared to the darker meat.

Boneless chicken thighs are from the gods themselves, but honestly I can't really buy them, so I marinate them in the morning and eat them for dinner after leaving them in the oven for about an hour and a half at 200 C. The best part is that the marinade can be recooked with the bones and a bit of wine to make stock.

I use them any time a recipe calls for chicken, but theyre also great by themselves

depends on the dish and my budget. if I'm broke it's always thighs. for soups and casseroles, thighs win hands down because they make the best broth and retain more of their flavour after cooking. for fried chicken and chicken strips, I like breasts. for baked chicken I prefer breasts but will eat thighs too. I like spicy and flavourful foods for the most part - I just really don't like gamey tasting meats and my threshhold for gaminess seems to be lower than a lot of people's, idk. I sometimes end up adding small amounts of ground rosemary to beef dishes to make the taste a bit milder.

Thighs or legs are the high tier.