Working in kitchen and love towards food is the only reason i haven't killed myself yet...

working in kitchen and love towards food is the only reason i haven't killed myself yet. say something nice to me please.

Work in a bakery, same feeling. I couldn't ever sit in front of a fucking computer or talk on a phone all day. Well done brother.

>I can't tell the difference in fancy spaghettin and cheap 40 cents a box stuff and I think chefs are a fucking scam

You knew what you were getting the minute you set foot in here.

Working in a kitchen sucks the grundle. You'll be over-worked, under-payed. You will most likely be working on an unhealthy drug- or alcohol-habit within two years. Banging out hostesses and servers is how most of us get by day-to-day. I hope you didn't like cooking at home, because you'll despise it a year from now. The only reason to do it is because you love the camaraderie of other dudes telling you you're a faggot, making jokes about every failure you've ever had (including all your sexual inadequacies) , and getting back at them in equal measure.

If you're looking for people to kiss your ass and say nice things to you, you're in the wrong business, son.

faggot

I could never cook for a living. Just thinking that I am essentially an automaton cooking the same shit over and over again, day in and day out, when a machine could actually perform a task that's perfectly reproducible would drive me insane.

I hope your satisfaction comes from being hospitable.

>I hope your satisfaction comes from being hospitable

big part of it comes from making people happy, yes. i am no druggie either, just to make it clear.

>Banging out hostesses and servers is how most of us get by day-to-day.
You wish mate

Good job trotting out a lame stereotype though

Sorry to hear that, dude. I guess the best thing to do is try to look for another job that you like more, or is less stress, if you can. If you're looking, I wish you the best of luck in your search.

OP, take a breather and watch an anime called "Food Wars!" It will put you back in touch with loving food in ways you didn't realize or have forgotten. As such, you will be able to ...

It's very convenient that you enjoy pleasing people, it shows that you are empathetic, and you'll always have a job. Are you depressed because your care for others is not reciprocated?

i am depressed because i hate what society we live in has turned into. i guess that's why i love working in kitchen. when people try good food, it makes them less of an assholes at least for a short amount of time.

Sounds like the quick summary of every great chef's life while he was young. Stay hungry and always get better, or burn out like me.

t. chef 10 years

Your work keeps people alive.

>Banging out hostesses and servers is how most of us get by day-to-day.
because that's failure by the standards of this site

I know what you mean because for a brief moment, when people try the food that I make right out of the oven, they get really excited and I can see the joy in their faces. When the food is really good, the table goes silent or they only talk about the food itself, not long after that they resume shit-talking or doing other degenerate/non-virtuous crap.

>working in the BOH
Kek, serving pays way better and much less work. Sucks if you have autism or are ugly tho

something nice to me please

There's a lot to love in life, you just have to ignore what you hate.

i work in a university dining hall, so at least im doing different stuff every day, plus my coworkers are mostly enjoyable to have around... probs just cuz we're all women though. guys in the kitchen tend to get all rawr rawr

sometimes i think that this is something i could do long term, but then i remember that most kitchens aren't like this... small dining hall is probably the only sort of restaurant i could tolerate

I suppose the people you are working with make all the difference, but I am looking at the situation from a labor perspective. If I have a fixed menu and cook the same stuff for months, what's going to keep me motivated? I am not very sociable, so that's probably where my fault lies. The problem of repetitiveness that I have with food, I have with people--same food, same people, same environment...eventual mental breakdown. If I were into cooking to the point where it would become my job, I'd probably thrive as a private chef.