The military drives scientific advancement

>The military drives scientific advancement

Other urls found in this thread:

home.cern/topics/birth-web
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is funny that you are posting this on the internet.

that's funny because you're using the world wide web, which was developed at CERN
home.cern/topics/birth-web

what does grug think drives technological advancement, puppies and sunshine?

passion for objectivity

bahahahahahah

>implying it doesn't

And? It doesn't have to drive every single piece of it to drive it.

I'm not though. My browser doesn't actually parse the HTML, it just removes all the tags with regex and then I read plaintext posts.

Do you think that perhaps there was a civilization before us with advanced knowledge of science? After the collapse, the science was misinterpreted, and became the polytheistic or shamanistic religions from the stone age?

War doesn't, competition does.
War is just a very large competition where there is a lot at stake.

Competition drives everything/anything but scienctific advancement is not necessarily done for the sake of competition.

I mean, you can't prove that right or wrong but it's a neat concept

What if a nuclear apocalypse occurs and the shattered remnants of the human race, deprived of its truly scientific minds, decided any piece of technology it happened upon was magic? They would pass that understanding down through generations and no one would be the wiser

makes me think. is the genius gene even around any more? this society is like cryptonite to intelligence selectivity. tfw tesla never had kids

But we have literally no evidence of it, I've always found that theory interesting but there would be some remains. If our civilization was to collapse tomorrow we would still have remains 500 years from now. That a civilization as advanced as us would of found.

500 million*

it's true in wartime but in the interwar periods like now, defence science tags along miles behind commercial.

>parsing html with regex
the cannot hold it is too late

Unless they were somehow destroyed or misinterpreted.

o rly

>

>advanced aircrafts that are developed in secrecy are necessarily /x/

What's up with the influx of brainlets?

>What is a theory?

Based grug

that's a hoax.