"scientist"

"yep"

"not a faggot"

"That beard though"

Correct, Charles Darwin was a scientist.

I smell butthurt physicist

Why would a physicist be jealous about this
Seems like a religiotard to me

>unlocks the core mystery of life
>accidentally disproves most of the world's religions and the soul
>not a scientist

"Naturalist," actually. But close enough.

>accidentally disproves most of the world's religions and the soul

Oh shut up.

You can't have a "soul" if your evolutionary ancestor is an organic soup 4 billion years ago. Unless you're going to change your story to say that the soul evolved, which is inherently a contradiction since religions require the soul to be immaterial.

I'm not sure why it's hard for people to understand that evolution disproves their religious beliefs, but it doesn't. Unequivocally.

>I'm not sure why it's hard for people to understand that evolution disproves their religious beliefs, but it doesn't.

Paging Dr. Freud! Dr. Sigmund Freud!

I've been typing the wrong words all day; it's either this migraine or a stroke. Either way, evolution disproves the soul.

Your assertion is not evidence of anything.
Evolution would be irrelevant to a concept of eternal souls that pre-existed incarnation, so should only go to bodies once they reach a certain level of evolution. It would seem to be very compatible with ideas about reincarnated souls that approach perfection over time -- early souls would not need complex, more advanced bodies until they were reincarnated enough times to start moving up the scale towards enlightenment.

I'm not arguing that any specific concept of the soul is correct. Just that your blanket statement is to broad.

Of course you can always wave away disproof by creating new fiction, anyone can do that. Do you think you're making an argument?

>to say that the soul evolved, which is inherently a contradiction since religions require the soul to be immaterial
>immaterial implies immutable

>You can't have a "soul" if your evolutionary ancestor is an organic soup 4 billion years ago
Why?

It would be better to say you can't have a soul if everything is the result of causation assuming a soul is transcendent in nature.

How are there people this fucking dumb on a science board? If you start with a simple physical system and you want to claim that a magical immaterial force developed from that simple physical system, you need to provide EXCEPTIONAL proof to support that absurd claim. The very obvious conclusion if you aren't a moron is that humans are equally material as their evolutionary ancestors were. Your feelings don't dictate reality.

Didn't mean to insult you, I just unconsciously lumped you in with this dipshit

This. Didn't know Veeky Forums was so stupid. Must be shitposters from /x/

>Surely if I assert something even more strongly, THAT will become proof.

Religioustards love to shitpost on Veeky Forums, it's nothing new

I hate niggers, ra tè.