Dad is always bringing home candy and snack foods

>Dad is always bringing home candy and snack foods
>he's 300+ lbs
>pre-diabetic
>I'm 238 lbs
>blood sugar isn't very good either
>he keeps tossing junk food at me when he comes in the door
>try to resist but often end up eating it when I feel depressed or bored or have done something worthwhile
>eventually get rather rude and tell him to stop bringing me this stuff
>get in a car accident
>have to take prednisone, which will mess with blood sugar
>he knows this, he's been on it too
>he comes in tonight with a box of a dozen chocolate covered donuts
>they look absolutely amazing, not the cheap shit
>look at them and walk away, for now
>now sitting here with them on the kitchen table 15 ft from me

Is he actually trying to take me down with him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uGDA0Hecw1k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Let's see that feminine penis. Daddy's hungry.

>3rd world problems

You need to get the fuck out of the house more man, no excuses if you cant handle it. Find out when he comes home and go for a walk if hes doing that shit. If he doesnt listen to you if you say youre trying to lose weight and dont need him doing this then tell him to fuck off, and Im serious.

You must make change happen.

First step to a successful diet is to take complete control of your own food intake.
>Do not eat you family's foods, do not let your family eat your foods.
>Separate your stuff from your family's in the fridge/pantry.
>If you have a job buy your own food.
>Do not share food or accept food from other people.

You now live in a food bubble until you are no longer fat. Get used to it.

My parents are the same way
>know I don't like sweets and don't eat them
>constantly buying snack cakes and ice creams and candies for me

I just throw the shit out, they never stop old people just associate sweets with good food....it's like a 50s/60s thing

>>Do not eat you family's foods, do not let your family eat your foods.
This is much easier said than done for many people. It is a major insult in many families to turn down cooking, and when you cook you are expected to cook for everyone.

Wouldn't this be a first world problem?
>waaa there are too many delicious donuts in the house! whatever shall I do?

>live on my own
>whenever parents visit, they bring lots of sweets and shit
>always try to turn it down, insist that I can buy that stuff myself if I really wanted it
>sometimes I get them to back down on offering it
>find that they hid it in some random spot in my apartment after they leave

why are boomers like this?

Fucking this. My mom every now and then come and visit me and would bring food she made at home for me. But it's just baked flour product therefore zero nutrition value and loads of carb. I don't even say anything. I just throw them in the bin when she leaves. Been doing this for about a year now.

>throws his own mom's made-with-love cooking in the garbage
Good lord how can a person be so savage. But I suppose it may be necessary.

Naw I thought that shit was hard at first too but if you just be firm with them and explain yourself they will get over it in a month or two. If you can't tell your family no you don't have what it takes to deny yourself either and should just give up.

You are moving too fast, OP. You have to go back a bit, when you had your accident, is there a chance your dad could have caused it? ...could he have been in the other car?

Lol tell them in advanced and they'll cook for the people eating it, if you don't tell them they'll be insulted for one meal and cooking for just them after

Didn't you hear? America got declassified to a developing nation

This. Op if you already know you're getting fucked, avoid that shit. Tell him to fuck off if he puts it on you or leave the house when that shit happens. If you continue, you're encouraging that behavior not just for you but also your dad.

How about having some fucking self control or a fucking spine? Jesus fucking christ just stop eating so much shit if you don't want to.

It's not fucking complicated god damn. How the fuck are you a product of millions of years of evolution. Fuck.

Keep eating, the problem will sort itself out :^)

>>he's 300+ lbs
>>I'm 238 lbs

just beat the shit out of him, you can out walk him
and its good exercise

If you live with him and don't pay any rent/bills/grocery you really have no place to complain or be picky. If you really want to eat healthier maybe learn to cook actual food and make a deal with him where instead of him buying shitty food, ask him for grocery shopping money and go shop for both of you and cook for the both of you.

M gf (tall, 130lbs) will bring something like this home once every two weeks and I (tall, 170lbs) will tell her to stop buying shit and fat shame her until we argue.

>there are people actually like this on Veeky Forums
>people who feel "obligated" to eat food
>doesn't even realize his dad keeps buying user the food because he shovels it in his fat fucking mouth
You can...believe it, or not rip a piece of the donut off, and have a small bite if you want something sweet along with your meal!

Move out

Alternatively, use your words and tell him that he's going to kill you at this rate.

he's addicted to food and so are you. move out.

60 kigs is nothing when you're tall, especially if it's a girl (is she thicc?)

At least kill a homeless person with them...

You should be grateful to actually have a dad who cares about you. He probably knows how fucked you and the rest of the world are. He thinks about you and from the kindness of his heart, shares his meals with you. I would suggest you get a fucking job and earn enough cash to get a gym membership or offer to start cooking supper for the both of you. I'd suggest you join a gym and encourage dad to follow you once he sees your dedication. Don't be rude. Say what you wish to say now and do what you wish to do now. Don't give a fuck what outsiders think. Don't be embarrassed by the mess both of you are in. Your dad seems like a good guy, he's just lost and lonely. You have come to the point in life which has made you realise that your parent(s) is/are fallible and you have to reach out and help them as well as yourself instead of passing the buck. DO IT.

youtube.com/watch?v=uGDA0Hecw1k