Favorite cookie recipes?

i'm a guy who's just really into making cookies. i feel like i haven't branched out enough, though. do you guys have any recipes you love that you'd recommend other folks give a try?

Other urls found in this thread:

browneyedbaker.com/filled-raisin-cookies/
allrecipes.com/recipe/9965/mexican-wedding-cakes-ii/
hersheys.com/kitchens/en_us/recipes/holiday-red-raspberry-chocolate-bars.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Flour
Baking soda
Baking powder
Brown sugar
Eggs
Melted butter
Pinch salt
Chocolate chips

The rest is left as an exercise for the reader.

a little generic, but appreciated. thanks for your input!

Take out the baking soda and you have the recipe for brownies.

No vanilla? Your chocolate chips must be really good.

never used this exact recipe, but it looks pretty similar to what i've used. I don't know many people who are familiar with these, but they are a favorite. some cinnamon/nutmeg in the filling is nice, but optional
browneyedbaker.com/filled-raisin-cookies/

thanks for the recipe, user.

For me it's the snickerdoodle, which is just:

1 and 1/2 cups of sugar
1 cup of creamed butter
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of cream of tartar
2 eggs
1 tsp of vanilla
3 cups of flour
And then sugar and cinnamon to top

Basically you beat the dry shit (minus flour) with the butter first, then the wet shit, then as much flour as you can and when it starts to puff out of the bowl you use a wooden spoon to mix everything together. Chill it for an hour and roll into balls, then roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mix, then bake in a 375 degree oven until lightly browned.

No butter snickerdoodles:
1tsp baking soda
1.5 cups white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1tsp vanilla
.5tsp salt
3 cups flour
1.5tsp cinnamon

Mix sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla until smooth.
Add flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
Roll walnut-sized cookie balls in sugar and cinnamon coating (2tbsp sugar to 1tbsp cinnamon)
375°F
Bake for 11 minutes

Great for poorfags, like myself, who can't afford butter. It tastes surprisingly really good.

i'm loving these recipes! my grandma used to make some damn good snickerdoodles, back before she died, so having a new recipe for them is really nice. thanks, guys!

allrecipes.com/recipe/9965/mexican-wedding-cakes-ii/
hersheys.com/kitchens/en_us/recipes/holiday-red-raspberry-chocolate-bars.html

listen niggers
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
THATS IT

bake that shit for 7 minutes

1 cup butter(softened)
1/2 cup sugar
1 and 1/2 cup flour(AP)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup crushed potato chips
2 tsp milk(white, cow)
powdered sugar to roll in after baked

cream butter and sugar
add vanilla and mix
add flour and mix
fold in potato chips
spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet
350 degrees for 15 minutes
remove from oven, before they cool roll them around in powdered sugar
POTATO CHIP COOKIES

What cookies have you tried making?

Traditional christmas cookies in switzerland that i really love are Zimtsterne and Vanillegipfeli. One are basically hazelnut-cinnamon macarons with baiser on top (pic related), the other might be comparable to snickerdoodles (though i never tried them, but judging from the recipe).

If you're interested, i can post a recipe.

of course we're interested. especially the hazel nut one. those look awsome

Those are the other ones. Buttery and coated with vanilla and confectioners sugar.

If you can find this book......you'll never need another cookie recipe. The copy I have is older than the one pictured, but it's the best damn cookie cookbook ever. I've made magical shit out of there, I won a company wide baking contest at Christmas the past 2 years with cookies from that book. Just a hint....

First you make basic baiser:

>3 eggwhites, pinch of salt

-whip till stiff

>250g confectioners sugar

-add in and stir till shiny

-Put aside about one third of the baiser for glazing

>teaspoon of cinnamon, teaspoon of lemon juice and 300g of either ground hazelnuts (which i prefer) or almonds or mix them

-gently fold in to form a moist dough
-roll out dough on regular sugar, about 1cm thick
-get star cookie cutter, cut out stars, dip cutter in sugar between cutting
-top each star with a bit of the baiser you've set aside (this works best if you add a drop in the middle, then gently pull it out to the spikes with a toothpick)
-let dry for a few hours (overnight works good, but it's not THAT necessary. They will just hold their form better that way)
-preheat oven to 180*
-bake cookies for about 3-5 mins, take them out as soon as the baiser on top starts to get slightly jellowish. You basically just dry them out, the inside of the cookies has to be moist still
-let cool for a moment before transferring to cooling rack (they're still soft whe coming out of the oven)
-store in cookie jar when completely cooled

They are best eaten fresh, after a few days, they get hard. They're still yummy, but they're better soft.

Some people don't glaze with baiser and instead top the stars with a mixture of lemon or lime juice and confectioners sugar once baked and cooled. Good for when you like something fresh with the sweetnes.

in your original post you said the pic related was the hazelnut cinnamon cookies and they do look like macaroons. what is that topping made from? I never heard of baiser. it looks like whipped egg whites.
would be interested in your recipe for both.
will keep an eye out for a second hand one

what a wild cookie, thanks! can't wait to try these

Recipe for those:

>200g soft butter

-whip till fluffy

>100g sugar, pinch of salt, eggyolk

-add in and mix till incorporated very well (will turn lighter and sugar is disolved). Add in some Vanillasugar or Vanilla extract (amount heavily depens on how much you like, so just add as much as you want).

>100g ground almonds, the white sort that has been peeled

-mix in and make dough. Form into roll, about 4-5cm diameter and coat with cling foil. Chill for about 1h.

- prepare baking sheet. Cut dough into pieces, about one finger thick. Form into croissant-like shape. But on tray and cool again for about 15 mins.
-preheat oven to 180*. Bake cookies for approx 9 mins.

>50g confectioners sugar, vanilla bean
-when cookies are in the oven, scrape out seed of vanilla bean and mix with the sugar. Once they're baked, roll in the sugar mix when still warm (give them a minute or two before picking them up straight out of the oven. You'll burn your fingers and they will break appart).

-let cool and store in cookie jar

Don't make them too thin or they will end up being dry.

thanks for both. this one is the vanillegipfeli? and the other is zimtsterne right

Exactly

thanks for all these interesting recipes, folks. i'll go through and make a list, and give 'em all a shot.

has anyone tried anything like this. such a simple looking recipe, and no flour, plus calling us niggers, makes it suspicious

Yeah I made something like this before; I got the recipe from a youtuber.

I liked it. Texture suffers a little bit and the flavor is simple, but still enjoyable, cheap, fast, and hard to screw up. I used brown sugar instead of white as well as vanilla in mine, which makes it better but it's fine without.