Why don't they just...pay cooks more?

cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/too-few-cooks-in-the-kitchen-victoria-faces-chef-shortage-1.4224819

I guess they feel they wouldn't be able to make a profit (or as much of a profit as they would like) if they paid the cooks more.

>won't make a profit if I pay cooks more
>better shut down my restaurant that'll be profitable

I didn't say they were very shrewd, but I've been lead to believe that some people in business are sometimes shortsighted.

In the restaurant I work at we where short cooks all summer. I only got paid 10 and jsut got bumped to 10.50. Then the fucking servers come back work 5 hour shifts and bitch about 15% tips on a fucking $100 plus table. Why would anyone want to work as a cook when they can serve.

Apparently they closed for good? I doubt their problems were related to just the cooks.

i doubt your intelligence

Rude

>why are there no experiences cooks?!
>he literally only looks for experienced line cooks
>he wonders why there are no experienced cooks when no one wants to get an inexperienced chef to then become experienced
>he would rather take the time to complain to a news website than to "train" a new cook

because they like it? not everyone does shit solely for the money, idiot.

Who is this cute little girl?

That's an awfully naive view of the world. Everyone has bills and responsibilities, you can't expect a skilled worker to be satisfied with low wages

some fag's waifu

Because the owner asked his journalist friend to write an article about it, so now some millennial hipster scum will want to work there simply because the restaurant was I the news or something.

>it's another businesses complain about having to pay people article

It's a moot point

>Living rates increasing
>People eating out more
>Chefs still get paid the same or even less than servers

What could possibly be the issues

The sad thing is you can replace "cooks" with most professions nowadays.

Was Moot really an Asuka fag? I thought my opinion of him couldn't go any lower.

apply This is every field.

Because then they have to increase prices, and I'm guessing they expect nobody will eat there if they do that and they will go under anyways.

They need to hire retards like who will work hard for peanuts out of "love" for the job of making you fucking rich.

Fuck you, you lazy nigger, you'll work for the privilege of eating corn out of my shit if that's what I want to pay you.