What is your opinion on the most important philosophical mind of our time?

What is your opinion on the most important philosophical mind of our time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QctT0Oc_uQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=f-wWBGo6a2w&t=7549s
youtube.com/watch?v=fbQ6p0ZwW_s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If pseuds get this much pleasure from Peterson's videos imagine the euphoria they'd experience if they studied the humanities. I don't have a problem with Peterson but it is odd/funny how his fans react to him.

some men just want to watch the world sort itself out

Yea it's odd how the Sam Harris/Richard Dawkins worshippers of 5 years ago switched to Peterson.

People still prefer them.

That picture makes him look like some sort of suffering saint.

also this is a wonderful picture

i love j-pete

right? If there were ever a biopic this would have to be the poster.

Why do people worship this hack?

I'm liking this peterson meme desu.

no argument there

Has there ever been a "reasonable society"? I hope that's not a real quote from him.

I never bothered to listen to his work or read it, so none. Stop spamming. Fag.

youtube.com/watch?v=QctT0Oc_uQQ
In a world where becoming a NEET dropout is becoming easier and more tempting with each passing day, he fights to remind us that it doesn't have to be this way. It's actually much more motivating than anything anyone IRL tells me.
t. borderline NEET

youtube.com/watch?v=f-wWBGo6a2w&t=7549s

can't beat the price my nigs

>the Soviet Union

I would say that he saved me from myself.

Here we go ... here goes 200 more posts, until the thread reaches the bump limit

So he's Tony Robbins for NEET pseuds. Ok.

They weren't reasonable enough, otherwise they'd realise you can't just upscale communism to that scale without the psychological incentives to maintain it to work.

Peterson:The Christianity that Dawkins criticizes is the Christianity a smart 13 year old boy objects to.

That's pretty funny.

>tfw i'm an extremely disagreeable man

>pepner
this made me jej for some reason

>Unrefutable statement that would be true if such a thing was possible and existed.

What a hack.

Just like communism. If all of the assumptions underpinning the system were true then it would have worked.

Peterson transformed my life. I used to come into these threads and argue with hordes of autistic teens about the fact that he spouts out nothing but trivialities that every rational adult and even most adolescents know and understand spicing it up with some surface level commentary on hot college and internet topics like Pepe le Meme and muh evil feminism. Nowadays I just start these threads myself and collect all the free (You)s. He's pure gold.

cant wait for the rape accusation to ruin his career.

He's really passionate and sincere, that's admirable regardless of if you agree with him.

So all the assumptions underpinning feudalism were true because it "worked"? Wtf I love the divine right of kings now

OP that's not Ray Brassier...

>the most important philosophical mind of our time
just as relevant as he was 2300 years ago

Have you seen Ray have a go at talking?

youtube.com/watch?v=fbQ6p0ZwW_s

>passion is admirable
It's not.
>sincerity is admirable
It's not.

Despook yourself and abandon this personality cult.

>muh snakes
>muh genesis

What a great man

Do you think people didn't (((suffer))) under feudalism? Maybe they were all true then.

>dude nihilism lmao

By no means as good as isabelle stengers

So was Hitler

I admire them egoistically, bucko.

I agree. Hitler is extremely underrated.

>You can eliminate suffering.

Boy...

Brassier scorns media outside of philosophical discourse such as blogs, etc. He is also overly formal and his "explanation" of Laruelle makes Deleuze look like a walk in the park. And since he can't talk for shit, he is automatically disregarded by the masses. Not that I think Peterson is any good, but there is no place for Brassier outside of academia.

He's a good guy

> most important philosophical mind of our time
Yeah cause Kant was a huge hit with the populace? What the hell does his popularity have to do with his 'philosophical mind'. I'm not saying Brassier is GOAT, but he is certainly more knowledgeable about philosophy than Peterson.

I'm a Peterson fan, by the way yet he does have a rather trite and superficial understanding of philosophers.

>he doesn't enjoy suffering

Of course there was suffering. I don't give a fuck about Stiller's ridiculous statement. I was responding to your statement that the assumptions of a socio-economic system are true or not based off of that socio-economic system "working". If that's the case then the assumptions of slave societies and feudalism must be true seeing as they "worked" for thousands of years.
You can attempt to minimize it.

That person did not agree with the "communism works guys" statement though but brought it up as a comparison to nonsensical Utopian statements.

>four (4) jp threads on the front page

amazing

viva
la
revoluciĆ³n

t. rupi kaur

Exactly. Hopefully, he will encourage them to dig deeper instead of just staying in the land of YouTube.

Yeah I saw this talk by him about """post-modernism""" as he sees it and he completely shat on Derrida for no good reason - it's one of the worst strawmans I've ever seen a supposed professional give.

When will he finally realize that capitalism is the cause of the NEETification of white males in the west, not '''postmodernism''', and that marxism is precisely what can help us to stop it?

This post is so good it made me poop a little while laughing.

Never because he's willfully ignorant. He demonizes duh phranccfurt schoouul when he'd probably pop a boner if he engaged with Adorno.

>capitalism
>not social welfare and endless gibs

Which are products of capitalism.

>you made a value judgement which is philosophical therefore you are using philosophy tier argument
There are plenty of capitalist states where welfare is organized differently and doesn't facilitate neetdom, bucko.

Truly opened my eyes and after listening to him I made my life 10 times better.

holy...so, this is your brain on jungian pragmatism...

reddit.com/r/JordanPeterson/comments/6d4wxp/my_dream_about_jordan_peterson/

Who? Me?

Yeah. I honestly tune him out when he starts going on about Marx and others. It's pathetic and very silly. No need to defame them, just give an argument why you find their philosophy inadequate.

>demonizes duh phranccfurt schoouul
He literally doesn't.

Where are theses posters coming from? theses threads are even worse than nu/-lit/.

>he completely shat on Derrida for no good reason
Why are you pretending like Derrida isn't universally hated among philosophers? why the fuck do you think Peterson cares about literary criticism, the only field that gives two gives about Derrida.

Gtfo Rousseau.

Funny how social welfare has historically been advocated for by communists and not capitalists. I suppose because it happens "in a capitalist" systems it doesn't count?

Universally? I don't think there exists a single philosopher whom is 'universally hated' by all philosophers.

Derrida certainly has a lot of detractors, I'd say that's mainly because he revealed some fundamentally problems with western philosophy and gave no positive alternative.

His critiques, I'd say, are apt. His deductions from those critiques, not so apt imho.

*fundamental, whoops.

>Bismarck was a communist

jesus christ stop posting him and Sam Harris, saged. mods please do something about this

???

ufuckingwotm8

>please do something about this
I know, right?
It's almost like they need to implement a Veeky Forums equivalent of an ignore feature.. Some way you can hide threads that trigger you...
Oh well.

*whomst'd've

Bismark didn't advocate social security, he gave into demands for strategic reasons.

You know Bismarck only gave social welfare to the masses because he knew it was a strategically wise move to prevent the rise of Communism in Prussia.

Yeah. Exactly. It's a tactic employed by capitalists to pacify the proletariat.