I want to work at McDonald's to earn money while studying. Probably as a cashier...

I want to work at McDonald's to earn money while studying. Probably as a cashier. Does anybody have experience working there and can give me some tips/pointers? This will be my first time working

Fuck off anime poster, you couldn't handle it.

Who the fuck asks about a job on a Tibetan child soldier forum anyways?

I could handle your mom's ass so this will be easy
Also, this is the cooking board so I figured this was the appropriate place to make this thread

Shut ins and NEETs with no critical thinking or adult life skills.

McDonald's has nothing to do with cooking.

Are you in college?

if its your first job don't expect to start of as a cashier. It's pretty difficult to NOT get a job at mcdonalds so don't worry about that. I've never worked there but i'd assume you'd start with cleaning shit or preparing some of the "food"

Also be prepared for an extremely hectic work environment and retarded co workers.

Yeah, first semester and I need money. Can work on Wednes-, Fri- and Sunday

McDonald's has nothing to do with cooking you NEET fuckwad. The sad thing is while your parents pay for your schooling, you're too inept to use this time to develop your social skills. Instead you're on Veeky Forums asking about getting a job.

Get out there and talk to your classmates you NEET fuckwad. It will benefit you more than a shitty part time fast food job.

Oh, forgot Saturday
Ah, okay. Maybe that's even better desu, as a cashier you probably have to deal with retards all the time. But yeah, it will be exhausting I think

>McDonald's

Miserable, grinding, deadening work. Avoid fast food.

its his first job user

Stop making assumptions you autist, I have lots of friends I do stuff with. Also, I don't live in The United States of Student Debt so paying for university is a joke

t. Angry 9 to 5er with maybe one or two friends

I worked at mcdonalds, making food/sandwich assembly shit was way easier than dealing with customers.

It's soul crushing work, but easy as piss, monkey's could do it.

Nice, I'll try to get a position like that then

When I worked there they'd generally just give you the title crew member and teach you everything, but managers like to throw people on duties they're best at.

I worked there years ago so it might've changed, or be different at different locations.

Why didn’t you work in high school?

Because I was busy with school? Is this an American thing, that people expect you to have a part time job in high school?

Yes.
That’s why Americans are tougher and the superior worker.
We don’t post pictures of anime and ask how to get the most basic entry level job when we are adults.
Also pizza place is better than McD. But can be stressful environment on a Friday for NEETS with no real life experience at anything.
Also, >>/adv/

>That’s why Americans are tougher and the superior worker.
*slaves
But yeah, I'll post in /adv/ next time

Lazy neet Brazilian

Why do I never seem to get any calls back from mcd though (or any fast food place)? I have 4 years experience in retail/food.

>S-Stop spending your high school time having fun with your friends instead of working!
Also, NEET is not an insult

Have you given yourself a thorough hygiene exam?

I don't understand this question. Here you have to submit applications online and wait for them to call you? I've tried doing callbacks on my applications myself but they never led to an interview.

>I don't understand this question.
And there you have it.

Hope you enjoy working with lazy niggers

>you will never meet that wife-tier ebony goddess while working at McD's

Dude why are still in this thread you dumb anime posting socially inept week waste of space. Talk to mommy about the absolute basics of getting a job. Not a Brazilian gold farming forum

Neither is autist but we live in a time when niggers put a white man on the moon and a man is the the most beautiful woman in the world. So eat some tendies and watch it all burn for a good chuckle

I believe this thread is the first time in my life I have ever experienced bullying of McDonald's workers.

Why would anyone WANT to work at McDonald's?
>muh first job
There are plenty of first jobs that aren't McDonald's and will also teach you way more valuable skills.

Please name some.

Well you could get a job at a real restaurant as a dishwasher or busboy and start learning real culinary skills.
You could get a job in retail and develop your sales and social skills, or work in the stock room and learn about supply chain.
You could get a job at a non-starbucks cafe and learn to make fancy coffees, a very valuable skill to have when you need extra cash.
You could get a delivery job, granted you won't learn many skills but you'll make way more money.
If you really want cashier experience, go to work at a grocery store.
Really just hit up the help wanted and look for entry level jobs.
I've worked at McDonald's and it's not only a bad place to work, it's so specialized and automated that you don't really learn anything unless you want to be a manager at McDonald's. You don't even get that good of cashiering experience because they use their own idiot proof registers.

you don't want to be a cashier. customers are shit and rude as fuck. plus any cooking skills you pick up are more in demand for other jobs than working the register. basically just stay away from working with the public if you want to keep your faith in humanity

If there are any retirement communities(old folks homes) near you, see if they're hiring. I work in a kitchen that needs more workers every month and pays above min wage with full benefits but we hire very slowly because our background checks weed out druggies and felons. It's also significantly easier than a real restaurant's busy nights. Only downside is you can't get tips as a waiter/server because you're not allowed to accept any gifts from possibly senile old folks.

>self-projecting this hard
Take it easy user. Everything's gonna be alright

you're overqualified, not even kidding. put down that you've been out of work a long time and barely finished highschool, probably your best bet.

Oh, hotels. Forgot to mention hotels, lots of entry level jobs available and lots of potential for learning new shit

Well you're still young.

Dont let the job stress you out too much, if you're slow the worst thing that will happen is someone gets their food slower. Take a minute and get it right

Your main goal should be being open with your communication with the people that are more experienced there. If you're unsure of something rely on them for help. Also being open with your communication will make sure you dont disturb the workflow of food prep.

Its kind of a big deal at low-wage jobs to always be doing something. Unless you get lucky somewhere where literally no one cares (very rare) your managers are not going to be happy to see you standing around doing nothing. There's always something that needs doing in fast food. But you will undoubtedly have times where you are new and literally dont know what needs to be done, in these cases DONT say to your manager "I need work to do" you're just going to bother them. Instead, shadow your coworkers and see what they're doing. You might get a chance to step in and help at some point and at the very least managers like to see people that dont know what to do at least spending their down time watching and learning from others.

Oh and dont get hung up on working one job or another there. Basically you either get to be a cook or a cashier, cashiers basically do "everything else" other than food assembly at all times. Be flexible, do what needs to be done without abandoning your post.

Wendys was my first ever job and I personally really liked being a drive thru order taker. I found I was really good at being inside the minds of people ordering, taking orders at fast food is kind of like translating english to Mcdonalds or Wendys or whatever fast food language is spoken there, or in another way of putting it, translating words to orders.

Call them instead of waiting for them to call you. Give them 5 days to actually look through your application/resume and if you don't hear shit then give them a call

Or he could spend his time finding a better job.

This, a friend of mine was hard up for work and applied to Taco Time, they told him to his face that he was too qualified to work there. Experienced/educated workers ask for more money and don't put up with the company jerking them around.
Fast Food joints want submissive idiots.

That advice applies to any job really

Here's some real advice. People just walk away from these shithole deadend jobs all the time. Once you feel your soul dying and don't want to trade that for a few bucks then just stop showing up. Fuck your manager, fuck your druggie coworkers. Just disappear. List it on your resume years later that you were there for 1 year. Put a friend's number as a reference. It's just a shit job and once you get your degree nothing more than a one sentence bullet point

>Probably as a cashier
Don't. You meet all the worst pleople.