Do you think prime rib burgers are stupid? Why destroy an expensive steak when chuck works just fine?

Do you think prime rib burgers are stupid? Why destroy an expensive steak when chuck works just fine?

>not eating exclusively kobe filet steak burgers
WOW, it's like you don't even know what a sandwich is.

Trips.

They taste good. Is that a poblano?

burgers are stupid in general

The mere fact that you state that making a burger with this cut means "destroying" it makes me think why you europoors are both so obssesed beyond measure with us americans and second why do I have to share my board with uncultured swines like you

I'm not even mad, your stupidty is frightening

>not eating Kobe smoked brisket on taftan bread.

I grind my own meat for burgers and occasionally buy prime ribeyes and I think it's a waste and asinine thing to do. The culprits are almost certainly doing it to either hide the fact it's not really prime (prime rib in the US refers to any grade standing rib roast) or just suckering posturing status whores trying to impress someone. The best cut to use for hamburgers is simply short rib meat and choice grade will be perfectly suitable.

Prime rib is garbage meat that boomers eat at weddings and conventions. Maybe ground it would be good but probably 50% fat

Actual trimmings from prime rib mixed with chuck is the patrician hamburger blend

>Prime Rib burger
>Ketchup

ISHYGDDT

Fuck yeah, that's what we did at the last place I restaurant I worked at, you can control your fat ratio and make some super juicy burgers

First off I’m American. I’m talking about destroying the fucking steak not the burger.

This wasn’t mine it was someone I saw on Facebook

IMO a good burger beats a good steak any day.

Only one who's O B S E S S E D here is you

Is that a green pepper? What kind of disgusting nigger actually does this?

Fucking everyone in this thread is so obsessed with each other that it's insane.

The leftover meat juice makes a hell of a poutine gravy though

It's about fat content you moran.

brisket and chuck is as good as it gets without going over the top

ITT: europoors

80/20 or 70/30

THE GREAT DEBATE

93/7

Why is it any better to use an expensive fatty cut over a cheap cut and some extra fat?

100/0

Tom Leykis

Did you learn that off south Park?

Meat quality. Just because I can add duck fat or butter to a shitty cut of meat doesn't make for a good burger.

Jackass.

McDonalds needs a spicy mcduck sandwich

not even toasting the buns...

That sounds oddly sexual.....

Is that fucking green pepper? Disgusting.

50/50

Looks like a Hatch Chilie pepper

>not cooking filet mignon medium rare and putting it between two toasted brioche buns

I buy the leanest steak I can find to make into hamburger.

80/20, 70/30 is for contrarians who don't want to feel like they're ordering regular ass ground chuck

>organic ketchup
Is this a joke? Is it made with free-range HFCS?

Marketing.
>$150 """"Super Premium Vodka""""" by P. Diddy (Made by the ADM Company)
V.S.
>$15 handle OF THE SAME FUCKING VODKA (Made by the ADM Company)

>Prime rib is something to mourn
How poor are you?
If these were genuine wagyu or something, sure. It's easy to get the fat content of wagyu mixed into some ground chunk.
But burgers are still beef, and the quality of the beef directly impacts the taste. The best burger I've ever had was a third dry-aged prime rib mixed with 2/3rd chuck. Holy FUCK it was amazing.

Some fast food joints reportedly use fat trimmings from a packing plant in the us ground up with good grass-fed beef from Australia to get to their desired fat content.

0/100

I can believe that.

A few years ago, someone I know, but not well, tried using a wide variety of different meats from the store to make hamburger. If I remember correctly, his favorite was ribeye.

The difference is that you can run bottom shelf vodka through a brita filter three times and it'll become indistinguishable from top shelf.
You can't make mcdonalds D-grade meat taste like prime rib.

Ribeye is probably the default best-choice, it's cheap enough and easy enough to get pre-ground.
But seriously fuck anybody who makes burgers on the regular by just going to the grocery store and picking up a pound of non-specific 93/7 beef.
ESPECIALLY fuck anybody using those pre-made puck burgers. It's a fucking patty, it takes like 3 seconds to form.

Chuck is fine if you're making a shitload of burgers for the 4th of July or something but otherwise have some self respect.

Ribeye is supposed to be steak. Chuck is for burgers. It is retarded to ruin ribeye steak by making a burger. Chuck steak along with sirloin is tough so it makes sense to make them into burgers.

>The single most popular sandwich in the entire world
What a useless opinion.

Actually its the subway footlong thats the most popular

>nothing but cheese, meat and an entire half of a pepper
>ketchup bottle nearby
>untoasted buns
>A FORK

>organic ketchup

It says its usda certified

>Murrica is the entire World
I salute your singlemindedness

>actually thinking your getting real kobe beef
inb4 im a fucking jap

Honestly, it's not. The point of a burger is to tenderize and homogenized the cheap cuts so they don't require as much cooking and attention. Most people can't tell the difference between steak cuts when they're not ground up, they sure as shit can't tell when it's ground up beyond recognition. The people who use expensive cuts for burgers are either very sensitive to taste or are being pretentious. Or wasteful.

Just so long as it's not frozen I doubt most people can tell a ribeye burger from a chuck burger.

Yes, yes I do. These are the same people who think fine grinding a steak to make a burger is high class. Just a waste of a perfectly good steak. You're destroying the feel of the burger which is half the point of the more expensive cuts.

Chuck is default for burgers. Why are you wasting your money on ribeye to grind? If you want to make a sandwich out of it, cook to medium well and put on a bun. It's tender enough to eat like a burger without grinding it, and you still get the bounce and texture of an actual steak. I swear to god, people think taking a cheap meal and wasting money on it makes it better.

Reminds me of this pleb at work with more money than taste.
He buys eye fillet and cooks it in his slow cooker.
I try to tell him to buy cheap tough cuts but he thinks it's shit for unemployed people and won't buy it.

Um, no, got it from my dad, thanks for asking. Family recipe.

Seems like a waste, I ground up a steak the other day and the only difference from store bought ground beef was that I left the gristle in the meat. Ground up fresh goat a while back, however, and it was one of the best burgers I ever cooked on a pan.

You sad blind little man. We're everywhere. Take a look around. We're the sunshine in your hair. We're the shadow on the ground. We're the whisper in the wind. We're your imaginary friend. And we know we're in your prayers. Oh, we're already there.

why is there no mustard in this picture

Why eat Chuck when Sneed works just fine?

what are you, poor? I throw gold into a meat grinder for fun. It's not a waste because I am entertained momentarily.

How can people drink beer with a big meal the beer just makes me bloated and gassy in that situation?

Gold in a grinder doesn't change that it's gold. You melt it back down and boom! Gold whatever. A steak can be ruined and not put back together.

>A few years ago, someone I know,

the lack of toasted buns REALLY got me triggered

90/10

Americans