Is there a more high quality grocery store chain than Trader Joe's...

Is there a more high quality grocery store chain than Trader Joe's? I've only bought one thing from them which I genuinely disliked. Everything else seems to be much higher quality than a typical supermarket food, even simple stuff like granola bars.

Other urls found in this thread:

eater.com/2017/8/9/16099028/trader-joes-products
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WE DONT HAVE THlS WHERE I LIVE

When it comes down to it, I personally prefer Safeway. I would rather have a crowd of your SUV driving soccer moms (yes, they have gone back from the hybrid episode) than have to deal with dirty college hippies like I see at Trader Joe's despite the quality of the products. Besides, Safeway seems to have the freshest produce locally as well as much fresher meats. I am sick of the goddamn half turned meat they sell everywhere else in this terrible state.

>meme joes

kill yourself

I only buy cheese, crackers, booze, and mixer from there.

Their meat section is small and shitty. Produce looks average.

Their cheese selection is abysmal in comparison to Fred Meyer.

eater.com/2017/8/9/16099028/trader-joes-products

Trader Joe's literally just rebrands shit. It isn't THEIR quality, it's the normal quality of the others.

>shilling a subpar chain that doesn't even bag your groceries for you

unless you subsist mostly on boxed/frozen foods, you're missing nothing. the produce, meat, and cheese selections are miserable.

the only decent thing there is some of their teas and coffees, and they usually have some good beer selections.

I only like trader joe's for the bi bim bap bowls, bavarian sausage I can't find anywhere else, and the crumpets they have

I like you, user

If only decent teewurst

Safeway is ridiculously expensive though, even with "club" prices.

>unless you subsist mostly on boxed/frozen foods
this is what i don't get about trader joes.

THey have decen pantry items - nuts and grains and such. But 90% of their store is frozen or boxed junk food. I mean it may be good, but I don't eat that type of stuff

but their 'unexpected cheddar' is very very good

their hummus is tribe hummus

and i forget the other stuff.

i mean it's obvious they don't make their own stuff, that's how generic/store brands work,

I like TJ's frozen foods.

I never said what they had wasn't good. I personally very much enjoy their cheddar with stout (Curds pressed with Irish stout in between), but they never have much, their best cheeses are not consistently stocked, and there are never enough to choose from.

That's true of all store brands
>not wanting same shit for cheaper

No, it really isn't. Any other store just mimics ingredients and sells for a lower price. Trader Joe's just rebrands.

Let's work this through logically. You're saying that Trader Joe's buys other brands wholesale and then spends money on repackaging, and that this would net them a profit?

>implying Trader Joe's sells for less
>implying they don't just mark up the original brands and sell the rebranded product for less than that
You are hilarious. They make a profit by being flat out assholes and marking up prices, pandering to the hipster demographic who buys into this crap.

Sprouts has better food and produce than everywhere else I have shopped. I have lived in more cities than I can remember and 5 different states. If someone here has shopped at a Sprouts and has somewhere else that they like more, please let me know. Fresh and Easy can fuck off though.

>trader joe's rebrands products
>trader joe's started a "non-profit" that sells shit they were going to throw away
>trader joe's bogus backstories for foods
>trader joe's questionable deli handling
There are definitely better stores.

Sprouts is great, I only go to trader joe's for tortilla chips, ghost pepper flakes and a few other select goods.

Sprouts candy section is fucking great

They have the best gummy bears hands down

Armed forces commissaries.
>Cheaper than the off base grocers
>Wider variety because they need to meet demand from people who've picked up tastes in places like Germany, Korea, and Japan
>Staffed by almost exclusively by military kids when they're not in jROTC and traditional asian housewives who want to get out of the house while hubby is deployed

most store brands are just rebrands you dumb fuck

Citation needed.

my ex gf works there and now I can never go because I don't want to awkwardly bump into her and make small talk where I pretend I'm doing well but really I'm dead inside still

my nigga. I love sprouts

I go there because they have good sales but the quality of the produce is pretty low on average. Large amounts of leafy greens and fresh herbs will be wilted or past their prime, and the whole produce section will be messy and haphazardly arranged.

Maybe it's just my location, though.

Also don't buy anything from their ridiculous bulk section. Highway robbery.

Former longtime TJ's employee here, I think you're all fags.

I Just want to say stew leonards is the greatest disappointment of this century

the stores are so good, but all of their products are horrible and you would be better off at king kullen

Wegmans

you said exactly that their cheese sucked, mate. go re reread your post, cunt

Mate or cunt make up your mind retard.

You pick grocery shops based on the fact that you don't want to be associated with "college hippies?" (whatever you think that actually means).

So few of those things have anything to do with the quality of the product your getting.