What would the universe look like if PI was 0.1 bigger?

What would the universe look like if PI was 0.1 bigger?

It wouldn't make any sense; that universe would somehow be one in which there can be an object in which all points are equidistant from one other point on a Euclidian plane, but then some of them would simultaneously be closer to the center than others. That, or it would be a universe in which geometry would be fundamentally different.

I think it's merely our observation of a phenomenon. We have this problem where we express our observations as laws. Pi only pertains to circles, so any variation of pi may exist in oblong or irregular shapes

Fun question though

I think it's merely our observation of a phenomenon. We have this problem where we express our observations as laws. Pi only pertains to circles, so any variation of pi may exist in oblong or irregular shapes

Fun question though

yeah the geometry would be different because euclidean planes don't exist irl
life probably wouldn't be able to exist because of the fine-tuning problem

I henceforth define pi to be 3.24159265...
See? Nothing changed. And your question is ill-defined.

But you can't redefine PI as a constant. You need to express it as something

I may be dumb but you're like super dumb

>But you can't redefine PI as a constant. You need to express it as something

PI is a ratio, it's not just a random number

What drugs are you inhaling at the moment

>What would the universe look like if PI was 0.1 bigger?
Not sure. It might be impossible for pi to be any other value than it is in our universe, or else the universe can't exist.

Then a circle would be measured 371.5° instead of 360°

>pi is a ratio
the absolute state of humanity
burn it all down

How is pi not a ratio?

dont' waste too much time waiting

Every single number is a ratio. Your statement is irrelevant. Please leave

we've reached peak brainlet

Yeah but pi is the ratio of two fundamental quantities

It's not chosen at random, which is what I was saying 3 posts ago

Is everyone here insane or is this business as usual on Veeky Forums

>webcomic reply
here is something you should be able to wrap your tiny brain around

>ratio is a fraction

seems like you don't understand the question, user, or what pi means, or math.

> (You)
My point, obviously (don't understand how you couldn't catch it) was that pi is a mathematical constant that's outside of real world and it can't be " 0.1 bigger" because the statement itself does not make sense. Pi is based on rigorous definitions and rigorous proofs, and this question is meaningless and stupid. You should stop pursuing math if that's what you're trying to do, because you're a fucking brainlet with no future whatsoever.

pi is pretty pointless physics-wise to be honest, changing something like h or epsilon0 would be much more influent

I'm not even the guy you were talking to, I just saw the post while scrolling through.

What if e and pi were switched

circles would be smaller, but everything else would be bigger

>I can't think outside of the box for even 2 seconds, watch me get mad instead

would it be meaningless if he had said the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter was about 3% larger than what it currently is?

But when everything is a circle, pi matters. Which it is.

absolute brainlet.

No u

If Pi were different, that would imply some constant curvature everywhere which changed the ratio of a circle's diameter to it's circumference.

I don't know what curvature would do this independent of the circles orientation or position in space, but it might night satisfy the Einstein field equations for a reasonable matter distribution. So it's unlikely such a gravitational field would exist for very long.