Does anyone else have a fear of processed wood?

Does anyone else have a fear of processed wood?

I can't use wooden spoons or chopsticks. Everything in my kitchen is either plastic or metal. Whenever I touch them,I start to gag and my skin crawls. I can't even eat Popsicle's or any ice cream on a stick. It's pretty shit tbqh. Even uploading this picture made me gag a small bit.

Does anyone else have this or is it just me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

YOU ARE SUCH A FUCKING LOSER, ILL BEAT YOU WITH THAT WOODIN SPOON BOY!

youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y

Wooden spoon are shit.

wooden scrapers are god tier.

Yo dude for real. Reading that paragraph gave me fucking goosebumps, I have the exact same thing about processed wood shit. Ughhh

Weird. Never even knew this fear existed

Only wooden utensils I do not like are disposable chopsticks. You can taste the bleach in the cheapest ones and they sometimes come frayed, giving you splinters.

I wouldn't call it a fear, but I have a physical reaction to wood that isn't smooth. Which is weird because one of my hobbies is woodworking. But I won't put a wooden spoon in my mouth and only finely sanded chopsticks work for me. As a side, I started growing some jackfruit trees and the leaves on those have a grippy texture that freaks me the fuck out, hate touching them.

I don't like wooden utensils: they are porous by nature, they have a shitty feel to them, they are flimsy, they are affected by the food you cook with them in terms of color and scent.
Fuck wooden utensils and fuck anyone who uses them.

I also have an aversion to wooden utensils

Just thinking about biting through a popsicle and my teeth touching the stick triggers some kind of cringe/gaggy feeling

I'm fine with wooden anything except popsicle sticks.

I definitely have a fear of the larger wooden spoons. But i think that's because I got spanked with them a lot when I was young

I always remove the sticks from corn dogs, popsicles, etc. because I HATE biting into the wood. It makes my teeth feel weird and I get the bad kind of goosebumps.

I'm of the opposite field here, I ONLY use wooden when cooking, but my utensils are probably higher quality than buying something new that's wood.
>tfw my mom's mom's handmade wooden spoons seasoned by ten thousand meals

>Does anyone else have a fear of processed wood?

yes. I mean I can hold a spoon, but I cant put wood in my mouth. Even using wooden spoons to mix stuff with upsets me.

I can use a wooden chopping board though.

Oh shit I have exactly this need to use plastic shit or I get super uncomfortable

>owning a wooden spoon made out of anything but olive wood

I would eat wood if I could chew and digest it.

I just stopped this weird month long binge of eating Craft Parmesan straight from the can.

No wonder you feel like that user. Just think of the billions and billions of disgusting bacteria, prions, amoebae and mites that live and fuck and procreate and die in the pores and cracks of that wood every second. It's a wonder wooden cooking implements don't crawl away the instant you put them down on the counter.

But the same logic applies to literally every other object on the planet, including OP him/herself. It's a silly thing to worry about.

>One in 17 people you cross in a day is concealing a niggerdick
Still not taking my chances.

You guys are sick
How can you not appreciate wood as the superior material?

I have autism and have never been able to touch that stuff if there's no oil or varnish on it. It's sucking my precious moisture EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I could never eat the ice cream from trucks that came with a wooden spoon/stick because of that. I could eat some of the ice cream bars on sticks because it was easier to eat around it or just pull the ice cream off though.

I used to like wooden spoons a lot but I recently bought some that weren't very good, they were frayed all over and I had to sand them down. They seem to get frayed again quickly and one of them starting getting mold spots. I'm probably just going to buy steel ones next time.

This for me as well. I only use wooden spoons, spatulas, chopsticks, forks, and knives.

You're going to have to fuck a whole lot of people.

>wood hate thread
Is this an autism symptom, or just latent homophobia?

You're not alone.

Not homophobic at all, have two gay boyfriends, and I can't stand wood that's thoroughly dried but untreated.