Why doesnt someone just invent a shrink ray to shrink the human population...

Why doesnt someone just invent a shrink ray to shrink the human population? One apple could feed like 10 people no one would be hungry anymore

stop being fat

> Reference to shit movie

It would change the rate of metabolism and so we wouldn't live as long

10 people or 1 american

There is no food shortage. It is just that no one with enough money or power gives a shit about other people enough to get the logistics correct to feed everyone.

THIS is why shrinking people is bad.

We've just never found the wumbo setting on the shrink ray

That's stupid. Why not build a grow-ray and make the food bigger?

>Why doesnt someone just invent a shrink ray to shrink the human population?

You need to watch the other shrinking movies, it's not always a great idea.

Why not does eat farm raised bugs?

and they say popsci is bad

Kek I drive by that all the time.

Why would you use kek instead of lol? Think about it. It doesn't mean anything, its just the modification of the actual acronym lol. You don't even know why you use it. Somewhere, sometime you saw a few people post it and hopped right on board. Too mainstream for lol right? Thats so old, its meaning makes sense but you don’t feel comfortable expressing your approval of things on the internet with the common old "lol" thats been around for so long. You'll man up and use the purposely misspelled version with no discernible humor or purpose besides making you look like a complete idiot while you maintain the false concept that other people find it amusing or appropriate and using purposely misspelled words shows the world that you’re not afraid of anything and are part of some grand inside joke that no one finds funny. Theres a lot going through your head, but you realize that I’m right. You will try though, to get the best of this exchange. What are you going to go for? Newfag? Summer? Oh damn, there are so many options to choose from. An implication that I'm underage perhaps? That’s always fresh. Maybe you'll just shut down. I think you should go with something about “butthurt” or being mad or even comment on the length of the unproportionally long comment that so swiftly brought to your attention that you are a faggot that tries oh so hard to fit in. Careful though, is this even “OC”? Tsk tsk. Hard to say, don’t want to get embarrassed user. I'm sure you could find some grammar or spelling errors as a last resort. I cant wait, Its always fun playing insult roulette. Fucking idiot!

>Why would you use kek instead of lol
kek is something that newfags say who got here in 2015-2016. so is saying "kys" instead of "an hero"

Not a bad way to teach people about density I suppose.

yeah, i feel the same way about kek
but times change, and i think our feelings about it just reflect our age more than anything

Lord KeK will smite you

No one of any importance is hungry anyway

If Europeans actually looked out for themselves they would have "cured" poverty ten years ago (in the western world)

The reason Africans/South Americans/Indians are hungry is because they are either stupid or have an appalling unhealthy toxic culture (or some combination of both)

The west cured Ebola years ago but still almost had an epidemic because Africans refused to take medications until symptoms showed and attacked aid workers for confiscating the Ebola tainted meat

TL;DR this would help nothing

>implying NDT could work out those things

Why doesn't someone just invent a machine that harvests the thermal energy a human produces, then we can use that energy to feed people.

>Why would you use kek instead of lol?

it's a World of Warcraft reference.
The mythical races would speak foreign languages and this was expressed by having any words typed in chat encrypted with a simple caesar cipher.
When one person said LOL, the other would see KEK.

By failing to understanding the entomology of this, you're like a foreigner reading a foreign language on Veeky Forums, and yelling at people for not speaking your language.

Times change, I've been on the site since 06 but "kys" is a better term than "an hero", which besides being irrelevant now, is just unfunny (cringe-inducing, really)

>implying culture is so practically important it causes starvation
by Occam's Razor I propose socioeconomic imbalance is the source of poverty

where do you live that culture isnt relevant to socioeconomic imbalance

Ok sure but socioeconomics aren't only social and they don't live in a vacuum
their situation can be affected by the actions of others
so maybe it's European that's the wrong one (I'm not saying it is)
calling them stupid is just mean and untrue, the imbalance is far too extreme to be solely cultural

what if they make a growth ray instead? for penises and fruit

What aspects of socio-economics are you saying are not dependant on either intelligence or culture?

It seems these two things are pretty fundamental but I accept I may have missed things

well exploitation and whatnot are more power plays than intelligence
so it really takes brawn to be rich, might is right and whatnot
crush the weak, fight for the top, nothing else matters

What kind of fruit are you interested in enlarging, user?

If exploitation can determine future economy why is there no correlational with how long areas were colonised and economic status now? or the level of colonists and economic status? or the amount of resource extraction and economic status?

I really think people put far to much emphasis on oppression, the oppression the Chinese faced under both the UK and then Japan was terrible, but now they are one of the richest countries in the world and are doing far better than non-colonised countries surrounding it

Ethiopia was never colonised and yet is virtually identical to all the countries surrounding it even though they were all colonised massively

India and south Africa were colonised in very similar ways and for a similar (ish) length of time and yet India is doing well and SA is declining on all metrics year by year

Im not trying to get at you or anything because I know the oppression narrative is the one taught in schools and I used to believe it aswell but there really isnt much viable proof of its truth

Again im not trying to make you look bad or anything you made a solid point but I really think you have been misled

I would argue whether might makes right or not is dependant on culture

in the western world where laws are enforced by the state might doesnt make right at all, in the Congo where laws are unenforced might is right virtually 100% of the time

Ok sure but as my being an environmentalist you have to realise value doesn't come out of nowhere.
Whether you're exploiting people or the planet someone's losing so you can win.

but if they had infrastructure it would be like that, might made right in all first world countries in their inception
Do you guys not realize that a lot of these countries did not get independence or established as countries until recently? My background is from a British (slave) colony, India got independence less than 100 years ago.

10 people are barely enough food for an American tho

>Somebody typed all that
Lmfao what a kek

yeah but i still don't blame poor countries for being poor
to some extent it could be their fault but not really because modern socioeconomics and geopolitics are worlds away from how the pre-modern era was
oh but then you're gonna say the romans were a superior culture and whatnot
some ancient cultures are more conducive to building a country but imagine the world turned out differently and everything was done by tribes
right? this is just one timeline, doesn't make anyone smarter or more superior
advantageous != necessarily intelligent

fruitcakes like you boy

india, china and SA had very similar infrastructure when whites left

yet they ended up in completely disimilar states

I dont see how the time frame affects this, india and china have become successful in the time frame, SA and zimbabwe have become less successful and and still declining

but china and india developed in virtually the same time frame as Ethiopia, Zimbabwe and SA

why did some become wildly successful and others become very poor?

are you arguing that culture is important or that it isnt? english is not my first language im sorry

There are multiple distinct cultures within one "ethnicity" vaguley speaking in europe and all of them are fairly successful, even post states have much lower rape/murder/disease rates than the best areas in africa

there is a great deal of variance in africa but all of the different distinct countries all have higher rape/murder/disease than the worst places in europe

and it isnt just the environment because europeans in africa didnt have these issues (there were some disease issues but fecal bourne conditions etc were lower 60 years ago in some places which is a clear backwards trend compared to the rest of the world

maybe it's just randomness
also in these modern times every political/socioeconomic decision is a critical one
it's easier to fuck up a country than it used to be, like when all the Anglo countries started out

Yeah this is true. I remember a story of an African country asking for grains which would be destroyed but they declined because giving it away would lower its value.

i get that "an hero" is dated but "kys" is cringey because there is nothing funny about it. it doesn't even try to be funny

This was pretty lulzy tbqh senpai.

Life is not zero sum

Because, idiot, the problem of food isn't production, it's transportation. We have tons of cheap food but shipping it to starving people is far from easy.

Produce more transport.
Produce more locally.
Get the impoverished involved, teach and support them in how to sustain themselves at a more local level.
Scarcity is a meme

One human could feed 10 ants retard. Better solution would be duplicating chromosome sets of plants to produce giant vegetables and fruits.

I'm working on engineering large women and small men, but it's mostly to satisfy my amazon fetish.
Otherwise yes actually we should reduce our size for optimization.

There you have it folks, hunger solved. Why didn't anyone think of this before?

>Tfw have Macrophilia
>Reality cucked me out of it.
Time to plug into the cloud

kek

Capitalism and every man for themself. Also inhumanity and sometimes genocide

it already exists

nice pasta, saved

If only people could shrink our world wouldn't be so overcrowded.
Bring ourselves down to size. There'd be so much more food to go 'round.

Why don't we build a machine with all the know-how of the industries?
We put a man on the moon. We gonna need more room to breathe real soon.

Drink your vaccine and let's shrink, and bring your poodle so it doesn't eat us.
The roads will be so wide: no traffic jams when we're half a foot tall.

Bring what you need down here, we'll shrink it all by microwave.
Don't wanna die like Dinosaurs we'll have enough resources to go round.

So now you've made the big shrink
Meanwhile we'll keep acting big
We well bred beautiful people
Who says we have to go too?

Cops and mason businessmen
Were exempted from the ovens
As if you weren't already
The rest of you are all our termites now.