Wew, lads. This heat is too much for me

Wew, lads. This heat is too much for me.

What books do you think are the best literary embodiment of brutal heat?

no doubt blood meridian

also see: the border trilogy, outer dark, no country for old men, etc. mccarthy seems to like things spicy.

The Stranger

Same. I'm reading White Mischief by James Fox, it's about the murder of a British aristocrat in Kenya in the 1940s. It's not the best literary embodiment but it's apt.
More literary embodiments are probably from the people it's based around [the title is a play on Waugh's Black Mischief, and it mentions Vertical Land by deJanze and both Karen Blixen and the suburb in Nairobi named after her often.]

Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas.

Dan-Tays In-Ferr-Noe

This.

This.

Also I always imagined Lolita to take place in hot humid summers (by the lake or in a princedom by the sea), but I don't know if Nabokov wrote it this way or I just filled it in myself.

I'm hijacking this thread. Since The Chants of Maldoror have whale fucking in it, there is no way that a book with rabbit fucking in it does not exist.

meaning, id be glad for reccs

>whale fucking
MALDOROR FUCKS A SHARK, YOU PLEB

ok senpai, that's beside the point

ol' rabelais. you ever heard that he ran out of money while traveling abroad, and committed treason against France to be extradited home, only for the fucking king tompardon him immediately?

Seven Pillars of Wisdom.
>The Arab was by nature continent; and the use of universal marriage had nearly abolished irregular courses in his tribes. The public women of the rare settlements we encountered in our months of wandering would have been nothing to our numbers, even had their raddled meat been palatable to a man of healthy parts. In horror of such sordid commerce our youths began indifferently to slake one another's few needs in their own clean bodies--a cold convenience that, by comparison, seemed sexless and even pure. Later, some began to justify this sterile process, and swore that friends quivering together in the yielding sand with intimate hot limbs in supreme embrace, found there hidden in the darkness a sensual co-efficient of the mental passion which was welding our souls and spirits in one flaming effort. Several, thirsting to punish appetites they could not wholly prevent, took a savage pride in degrading the body, and offered themselves fiercely in any habit which promised physical pain or filth.

doubt about an actual book, but you can probably find a story about fucking rabbits somewhere in the internet

The Stranger has that great section where Meursault confronts the Arab on the beach.

I haven't read it, but maybe?

The Congo part of Journey to the End of the Night

Can some explain this passage to me? What is the context

It's from Lawrence of Arabia's autobiography. Some people suspect he was asexual.

From Wikipedia:
>Lawrence lived in a period of strong official opposition to homosexuality, but his writing on the subject was tolerant. He refers to "the openness and honesty of perfect love" on one occasion in Seven Pillars, when discussing relationships between young male fighters in the war. On another occasion, he refers to "friends quivering together in the yielding sand with intimate hot limbs in supreme embrace". In a letter to Charlotte Shaw, he wrote, "I've seen lots of man-and-man loves: very lovely and fortunate some of them were."

I always read Dante's Inferno in the summer. It always gives me a weirdly cozy feeling

Came here to say this.

tropical heat

Heart of Darkness.