What's Veeky Forums's favourite method of brewing coffee?

strawpoll.me/14160620
strawpoll.me/14160620
strawpoll.me/14160620

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l6MJe5wKT7Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

French Press is in the lead!!! 100%...wow!

I'm a percolator man myself.

That's interesting. Why do you feel this way?

>no Vietnamese coffee

Shit poll.

Too sweet!

french press and percolator are the only correct answers

>t. sugar addicted beta

I have an espresso machine

Who the fuck voted for coffee pods

>no coldbrew

>cold brew isn't there
Oh well
better luck next time

It how my dad made it and reminds me of better times when I was young.

I put one cup of coffee grounds and eight cups water in a large mason jar and let it sit for as long as possible, and filter out as needed. It just gets better the longer it sits up to around 19 hours, then the grounds start to dissolve too much and it seeps through my filtration system. Once I figure out how to do it better than using muslin, I'd imagine I can let it sit for longer. Also cold filtered water ofc.

Remake your poll and put coldbrew in there.

Can someone show me what the proper grind for a french press looks like ? I feel like mine's always halfway between too fine and not fine enough

I like Moka
tastes pretty close to espresso, but a good Moka pot is much cheaper than an espresso machine

I like to eat the coffee beans, which develop their flavour, before pooping them out into the coffee pot. I then pee on them whilst sucking air in through my mouth to make that traditional coffee boiling sound. For milk I turn to my wife.

Is there really much difference between moka and French Pres?

>tfw neighbor gave me his old Siemens espresso machine yesterday
time to get my tweak on

youtube.com/watch?v=l6MJe5wKT7Y

They are very different.

French press makes pretty ordinary coffee. A moka pot runs much hotter, it's pressurized, and the beans are present while the water is actively boiling. It produces a very different taste. Like the other user said it's much closer to espresso than it is to anything else. Which you prefer is up to you. It's not that one is "better", they're simply different.

i know that feel user

>no pourover option
Your poll sucks

Drip coffee idiot

hey i'm not sure if this is the right thread, but can you guys give me some advice?

i'm not by any means a connoisseur, but i think i can tell the difference between a good and bad cup of coffee...
i want to make coffee at home on a more regular basis.
right now i just make coffee with a cone filter - i have a ceramic cone
4 table spoons of coffee to 12 ounces of hot--not boiling--water
i ususally buy pre-ground or grind it at the store since i don't have a grinder
i know that grinding my own beasn would be a major step in the right direction
so can you guys recommend a grinder and some other stuff that will make my coffee experience better??
please?

Any cheap electric burr grinder. Using a manual grinder is pretty bad because of bad grind consistency/granulometry as far as I know. I used a manual grinder to pull shots of espresso for about 3~4 years and the electric burr grinder made my shots 200% better. I don't know how much it'd affect pourover but I'd still avoid it unless those are the only options in your budget.

I personally use a Breville smart grinder because it was literally the cheapest option available to me. If I were you I'd consider a Baratza Encore as a starter electric grinder, or a hario mini as a starter manual grinder.

>all these fancy hipster goobers who spend hundreds of dollars on brewing equipment and fancy beans
>when all you really need is a kettle

Wouldn't cold brew be considered an offshoot of drip?

I'm trying out a porcelain melita thing instead of the plastic one so I can pretend I'm consuming less phytoestrogens.

Yeah I like moka pot coffee too.
I have mine with a splash of milk to smooth it a bit.

>tfw when too lazy for anything but pods

Shit coffee for shit people, I suppose.

>no neopolitan coffee option

shit poll

You retards actually need go hang yourselves. Nobody cares about your shitty hipster way of drinking garbage coffee

french press all the way. buying paper filters or steaming water in plastic is for plebs

Anyone have guides?

Google does, I'm sure.

Moka pot is best on a regular basis.
And a small french press for foaming up milk.

I think you mean "French press" in your second sentence. The moka pot just makes coffee when the air gets hot enough that it pushes water through the grounds.

Actually now I think you're just wrong, since the French press doesn't involve pressure...

That's not really accurate. The moka pot makes coffee when the water gets so hot that it boils into steam, and the steam presses the boiling water through the grounds.

At a bare minimum the water is at 100C. Since moka pots operate under pressure, the temperature can be a bit higher than that, the same way that a pressure cooker cooks at above 100C. The metal body of the moka pot also conducts a lot of heat into the grounds while it sits there on the range.

A drip machine, pour-over, french press, etc, uses water that is less than 100C, since even if you heated it to a full-on boil it will have dropped a few degrees at least by the time the water is poured into the grounds.

Compared to a French Press, the Moka pot operates at a higher temperature and higher pressure.

No, I meant Moka Pot in the 2nd sentence.

>>since the French press doesn't involve pressure...
Yes.

What do you think I'm wrong about exactly?

french press

>Competition between people with an espresso machine and people that are too poor to afford an espresso machine

Cool.

Not even memeing.

>sugar
>"Not even memeing."
user, I...

>memeing
Cretinous Millenial Retard.