Arab "desserts",more like 1 cup of oil and 12 spoons of sugar per 1 person

Arab "desserts",more like 1 cup of oil and 12 spoons of sugar per 1 person.

People who don't like baklava are the worst fucking people.
>delicate pastry sheets
>pistachios
>honey
>butter
>spices
>sometimes rose or orange flower water

Glorious.

you know why their stuff is full of sugar and oil? because that shit lasts for ages and doesn't go bad when carried during hot days. i want to see you walking around the fucking desert with a mouse eu chocolate and not tell me the next day you have salmonella after drinking the liquid chocolate jizz that it turned into.

yeah, the middle east sucks at desserts, they're all just sugar, nuts, honey and raisins
european cakes are amazing by comparison
there is always a reason behind things sucking, it doesn't make them suck less though

If the total amount of baklava you're eating is anywhere near a cup the problem is probably with you.

but baklava is good though?

Yes.

complex jumbo taste isn't for everything and also isn't for everybody. If I want a wallnut dessert I'll go after a pie or pahlava and not for one of our cute abominations. What the heck are you even comparing, how stuff looks on a fucking picture? Do you have a full mouth prosthesis or something?

>they're all just sugar, nuts, honey and raisins

And that's a bad thing?

Unhealthy sure, but then again with any dessert or sweet treat you're not meant to be gorging yourself on them in the first place

Knafe is GOAT when the cheese isn't too sweet

God fucking dammit. Go back to /pol/.

If it's a hot day or I just don't feel like eating a whole slice of a fatty cake, baklava is a good dessert.

Yes.

Everyone but Europe sucks at desert

At least baklava is tasty and has an additional element (nuts)

Indian sweets are literally just oil, sugar and starch

It's insane.

Name one desert better than baklava. Pro-tip: you can't.

>desert

gulab jamun

pro tip this guy is an idiot

Baklava is god tier, if faggot OP wanted to shit on arab desserts he should have posted mshabak

True.

I love baklava but it's exceptionally indulgent, even for a dessert.

>all the salty replies

yes let's all pretend phyllo bread and sugar is as good as black forest cake

sure, baklava is alright once in a while, but what would you prefer to eat on a regular basis, the many varied and unique cakes of europe, or the cakes of the middle east, which all just taste of sugar, honey and nuts?
I'm far from /pol/, stop seeing nazis where there are none
the problem isn't baklava being particularly shitty, but most arab desserts being similarily unimpressive
I hear China's dessert game is on point too, but I haven't had the chance to put that to the test
this user gets it

Tiramisu with a cup of coffee

>gulab jamun
Nah, they're overrated.

This. I feel like I'm daring my teeth to get cavities

Gobi

>gulab jamun

pleb palate, it's sickly as fuck.

Dark chocolate, raspberries and a cup of black coffee. Sweet things are for fags.

Revani

These little shits left me with a really bad aftertaste after an otherwise perfectly enjoyable Turkish dinner buffet. Remove baklava.

Mom pls

Everyone makes them wrong it's 1/3 almonds and 2/3 walnuts , and the pistachio is so nasty

Less so than baklava???

well, like op said, some aklava is just way too sweet

not saying it does have a reason. i'm just saying its too oily and sweet

The cheese isn't supposed to be sweet, you add syrup on the top of it. You probably had custard knafe which is a Palestinian-Jerusalem style iirc. The cheese based knafe is done in Jordan and some other parts of the levant.

>but what would you prefer to eat on a regular basis

>eating dessert on a regular basis

>the many varied and unique cakes of europe, or the cakes of the middle east, which all just taste of sugar, honey and nuts?

Personally I don't care because I'm not limited to eating this or that based on racist perceptions and having shit taste buds. Why don't you reduce the majority of european cakes all down to eggs, flour, and sugar to be similarly condescending?

Aww, baby was triggered by the little sweet and now can't stand them.

Had the best ever from a local Turkish run deli back in the UK. Only place I find them in NZ they are soggy as fuck.

/Thread
Baklava is one of my favorite desserts but it shouldn't be had too often.

knafeh a best