What does the science tell us about what the age of consent should be and how old a person should look before an adult...

what does the science tell us about what the age of consent should be and how old a person should look before an adult can ethically find them attractive?

If you put yur penis in a litlle kid their parents will kill you.

post puberty at least. It does not make sense to wish to fug a person whoms't've cannot facilitate conception.

but we need an age

Puberty does not occur on the same day for everyone, bucko.

the human brain stops developing at around 25 so obviously the age of consent should be 25 because thats when people stop scientifically being children

so you're saying that we should set the age a little higher then when most people hit post pubescence just to be on the safe side? so that would be, what, 16 then?

you're scientifically being children

I will fucking end you on sight

people, people, we need to bring the facts into this okay:

if her age is off the clock, then she, my friend, is on the cock

>ethically
If you asked "can find them attractive without harm to the subject" then that would be a different question.

kek
it's already 16 in most of my country, 17 in some places. though i think it should be 14-15, especially given how fast people hit puberty and mature in general (these days).

Fucking why would you think that though, what is the arguement behind an AoC of 15.

Hitting puberty isn't the point.
You need a few years after puberty before a girl is ready to bear children (there are a few outliers but most of the time the pregnancy is much more difficult on the mother and modern medicine shouldn't be used as an excuse).

so the age of consent needs to be a few years after puberty is over? wouldnt that make it 19 for boys?

Why should the age of consent be the same for boys and girls?

only women have to give birth
Even an adolescent male is virile

if the science is clearly telling us that it should be older for boys than so be it, but until that happens, the better question is "why shouldnt it be the same". equal treatment and all that

God damn it, just be reasonable.

This shouldn't be complicated

yeah but "being reasonable" about it in america is a very different thing than being "reasonable" about it in Europe

12, si hay pelito no hay delito

it's almost like morality is a social construct and isn't absolute for everyone. either way this isn't science or math

>the better question is "why shouldnt it be the same"
The female body needs to mature for childbirth, which is the purpose of sexual intercourse in the first place.
This comes later, in general, than the male's ability to produce offspring so there's biological reasoning for why female's should be higher than male's.

Of course the argument would be made for sex for pleasure, but that's just a social construct.

this is 1000 percent science and math fight me

this sums it up