Rate my 14 year old cookware

Rate my 14 year old cookware.

I'm impressed that your 14 year old has taken an interest in cooking at such an early age.

Quality: upper mid tier
Use: You either cook very little, or you're a megasperg who polishes the crap out of everything.
Selection: meh. Where's your nonstick? Iron/steel? Stock pot?

a swing and a miss
i dont burn food and i had just polished them as i try to do once a year. As you can see, that minimal level of care has produced quality results.
i also have non-stick, iron skillets and stock pots, but they arent that old.

Your first comment doesn't seem to match your latter ones.

i use stainless steel and all you need to do is soak them after use for a minute if stuff got stuck on them scrub them with a stainless steel scrubber pad, i do that after every time, it takes two minutes. that cookware is at least fourteen years old and it looks like OP's all the time
you're shit if you let your stuff get crap burnt on

I noticed the goldish sheen, do you season your stainless?

Why are you guys talking about food being burnt on?

The reason I mentioned that I thought the cookware was either little used or highly polished was because of the lack of marks on it. When you use cookware you get little dings on it from your utensils, the process of washing dishes, taking them in-and-out of your cupboard, taking lids on-and-off, and so on. That cookware looks so free of marks that it looks like it hasn't been used much. But I like mentioned the first time it wasn't clear if that was due to disuse or careful polishing.

I'm not OP but that looks like color from the lights, not a sheen from seasoning.

Looks nice. Did you just buy it?

Well I'll wait for OP to reply, but I've seasoned my fair share of stainless and when you do it right you get that nice gold color and it's a lot easier to cook on.
It doesn't last like cast iron seasoning, but it's worth redoing now and then if you've got a nice stainless piece.

kweezin-arts

thats what i do except once a year ill take pic related and shine em up with a 00/000 steel wool
no seasoning like a cast iron, sorry.
ive cooked on this day in and day out for 14 years. how the fuck are you getting dings and gauges in your steel?? you sound like a moron, no offence.
thank you. i bought it in 2003

>how the fuck are you getting dings and gauges in your steel??
I don't mean literal "gouges" I mean tiny little marks. Your photos are completely devoid of them. But that makes sense given that you just polished them before your pic.

I've stated repeatedly now that I wasn't sure if your cookware looked that clean due to disuse or careful polishing. Clearly the reason I can't see any marks on your cookware is because you just polished it.

>you sound like a moron, no offence.

I don't have some super duper hi-def monitor, but I'm still seeing plenty of small scratches on those pics. The kind you'll normally get with normal use. They look a lot more used than my 16 year old stainless pans, which makes sense as I don't use those every day.

You sound like someone who's either not very observant or doesn't cook much. Or perhaps I'm being closed minded and the answer is both.

>>you sound like a moron, no offence.

Soooo 2003.

>2003 was 19 years ago

>Current year: 2017
>14 year old cookware
>2017-14=2003
Futureman detected. CIA alerted.

Your timemachine malfunctioned, doc.

DUBS WOO!
esfores

either way, here is your daily reminder that next year, people who were born in 2000 will be in college.