How would you transfer consciousness from one carrier to another without breaking it at some point?

How would you transfer consciousness from one carrier to another without breaking it at some point?

because consciousness is not within spacetime so you cannot break it

By having sex

A copy of consciousness?
Or maintaining the same consciousness?
Brain transplant maybe?

You can't "break" it because each moment of brain activity was never glued together by anything in the first place, unless you count the glue of fictional convenience.

>consciousness exists and is a thing that can be transferred
wew lad

you just need to convert consciousness over to a digital medium without disturbing it, our consciousness is a result of an ongoing chemical reaction, as long as you convert that reaction to an electric reaction, without stopping the reaction, you should be able to do it without killing the consciousness itself

you probably need to work one neuron at a time, possibly by integrating a computation synthetic brain over a course of time

The answer likes in when we sleep. Do it when we sleep, the consciousness is mostly inert in that moment anyways, might be the best moment to do it.

Not sure if these are baitposts or if people are actually able to convince themselves of this much bullshit.

nice substantiative argument there bro, you really discussed your point very well.

It wasn't an argument, it was uncertainty over whether you and that user were serious.
Assuming you are serious then why do you believe there's something extra tying together each moment of brain activity that could ever be carried over or not carried over in the first place?

there's nothing extra, I just think you can substitute the chemical process of consciousness with an electrical process. I don't know if it works, since anything of the sort is theoretical

Hesrightyouknow.freeman

You wrote:
>without disturbing it
>without killing the consciousness itself
What exactly do you think you could be "disturbing" or "killing?" How would what you're proposing be any different from just getting the information you need for the digital medium and then turning it on without bothering to do all that work you're suggesting should be done to keep from "disturbing" something?

that's bad wording on my part. Since consciousness is an ongoing chemical process, if you stop that process you end your consciousness (brain death) which kills you. I didn't mean to word it like there's some kind of supernatural power behind it.

>if you stop that process you end your consciousness (brain death) which kills you
Do you think killing someone before turning on the artificial version would be any different for the end result from slowly copying over one neuron at a time?
I don't think there would be any difference because I don't believe there's anything real you'd be preserving by doing the latter approach.

I have no clue, I believe it'd be the most likely to, but there's a huge chance that it wouldn't, it's be cool to test on animals, but actually transferring a consciousness from a chemical medium to a digital medium is a super unknown field of research

All you have to do is give the "consciousness" the same memories and similar brain chemistry as the last and it will think it's the same consciousness. But it won't actually be the same. The idea of having a constant unbroken consciousness is an illusion because it changes every time your brain changes. You're an infinite series of different consciousnesses each one thinking they're an identical copy of the last when in reality they're different.

Furthermore, if I deleted all the atoms that made up you and made two identical copies of you at the same time each copy would think and feel that they were the same consciousness that had just been deleted. Ergo the idea of an unbroken consciousness isn't real. Certain brain injuries make people think they are different consciousnesses. It's all a question of how similiar one consciousness is to another so that it feels as though it's an unbroken stream instead of different changing consciousnesses.

This

Transfer through magnetic waves at a frequency on which that which makes
Soul A +
And
Soul B -

Flip in one swift pulse thus now
Soul B +
And Soul A -

Fuckin magnets... How do they work

Manna:Fest:Destiny

#pacey+joey

but what about metabolism, atoms building you and your brain are constantly being replaced with you being awake. Following the idea that continuous consciousness is just an illusion (but who is deceived by the illusion... kek) there is no problem with transfering it one cell after another. Death of one of your neurons doesn't kill you / end you. The problem with this solutions are:
who will be aware in the transfered/copied system, this also touches idea of teleportation.

You can even go extremely wild with the idea. Imagine demonic nanomachines or processes that takes two aware brains (or entire bodies): A, B at time t1 and rectructures (cell after cell) A from A t1 to be B from t1 and conversely. Who is who at time 2?

>A, B at time t1 and rectructures (cell after cell) A from A t1 to be B from t1 and conversely. Who is who at time 2?
You is an illusion but from a subjective standpoint the A and B t2 consciousnesses in their brains would all of sudden feel like they were just teleported into someone elses body. None of that contradicts what the other posters said.

>feel like they were just teleported into someone elses body
what if you do it slowly

Why would you ever think it is fragile? It seems that if it exists as a phenomena it would have to be robust.

>Following the idea that continuous consciousness is just an illusion
>but who is deceived by the illusion
A big part of what brain activity does is allow for the persistence of information in the form of memories and knowledge. A subset of this information is the idea all the moments of brain activity are part of a single imaginary "self" structure that conveniently takes responsibility for everything the brain does e.g. "you" remember things, or "you" have ideas. So here's a very important distinction: Just because the brain is carrying over this *idea* of "self" doesn't mean the idea refers to an actual state of affairs in the brain. If you build a robot that speaks in terms of its "self" deciding to do all the different things it does it would be clear that robot's "self" notion was just a convenient shorthand and that the reality of what makes it do everything it does is its programming.
>Who is who at time 2?
There is no "who" in the first place, that's the point. There's only the *idea* of a "who," and that idea isn't any more an actual "self" than any other piece of information the brain supports. It's a story, not an actual thing. And an organism like the ones in your example could believe one story one moment and a different story the next, or they could both believe the same story about being the same person. It doesn't matter because in all cases these are just thoughts without any more substance than any other thought.

>Or maintaining the same consciousness?
is this possible?

consciousness is a manifestations of interaction with the soul, which is of course immaterial, so i dont see how this will be possible

>soul
>citation needed

Can you do death by 1,000 cuts but then stop at like 999 cuts and put that person inside another person's body that has been conditioned to be receptive to foreign control?

We don't know enough about consciousness to know what transferring it entails.