What's the verdi/ck/t?

what's the verdi/ck/t?

tastes like shit

disgusting chemical tasting shit

never had it but low calorie ice cream sounds very castrated
just go enjoy the real thing or don't

Very hit and miss.

I tried caramel swirl, mocha chip and birthday cake. BC was absolute dogshit and the other two were tolerable.

If I were to buy one of these things again I'd get the oatmeal cookie flavor by Enlightened, it's the only one that actually tastes like ice cream.

Looking at the ingredient and nutrition labels, it seems like it's just ice cream with a bunch of fiber added to it? Sounds pretty gross, I'd rather just eat a smaller serving of regular ice cream.

>castrated
Who gives a fuck? Why shouldn't someone enjoy a low calorie dessert they enjoy it?

Strawberry is garbage. Almond crunch tastes like ice cream.

>Who gives a fuck?
Me. I've tried it, and it doesn't taste very good.

>Why shouldn't someone enjoy a low calorie dessert they enjoy it?
If they do enjoy it there's no problem. The point is that to many people low calorie ice cream is not enjoyable. That's the point.

You know when you eat an icecream bar and you get to that bit on the popsicle stick that tastes more like wood than anything?

It's a whole carton of that. I threw it out, and I eat food off the floor.

>You know when you eat an icecream bar and you get to that bit on the popsicle stick that tastes more like wood than anything?
That makes sense, since 20% of the ice cream is fiber. That's mainly how they make it low calorie, by adding indigestible fiber to it.

It somehow taste watery / bland

I'd rather just get regular ice cream which I don't even eat that often, maybe once every 2-3 months

terrible texture and the flavor isn't anything to write home about

>Hit or Miss

Fixed that for you.

Somehow? It's not exactly a mystery.

mint chip is frozen toothpaste
and there is exactly 1 chip per serving, the name is quite literal. Technically there is a chip in there

oatmeal cookie is good but its missing raisins
red velvet is good

When I buy ice cream I look at the ingredients and I look at the fat content. Skim milk? straight the fuck out. less than 5 grams of fat? not even ice cream.

It's a shame 99% of the ice cream in most grocery stores I won't buy. Not even Ben and Jerry's meets my standards.

Only dairy products I buy are whole milk, Stony field whole yogurt and Yingling's

Almost everything in a grocery store is a ripoff.

they need to expand. we need a true patriotic brand to launch a counter offensive against b&js attempts a communist subversion

>b&js
I hate Jewish brands

That guy said he'd never had it and is telling others not to eat it because it's "castrated." Let's pretend like that isn't retarded.

honestly I tried it because I heard about it and its okay I guess. Calling it ice cream is plain wrong but it's not bad, just not really ice cream. it's extremely low fat which means that when it's cold and frozen solid it has an almost chalk-like consistency - it's brittle. The taste is decent enough (I had chocolate) but the aftertaste is empty again because of the lack of milk fat. Overall it's okay but I wouldn't spend $5-6 on it. Just buy the single serving of Ben & Jerrys or a pint of actually decent ice cream and learn self control. The whole point of Halo Top is so you can eat a pint of it, but honestly I don't quite understand the allure.

Tastes like nothing. Unsatisfying and for the same amount of calories in one of the lighter ones you can have a goddamn Krispy Kreme and actually enjoy your snack. You shouldn't snack enough to need alternatives

Just buy light ice cream instead without all of the added fiber and sugar alcohols. It tastes better, is cheaper, and you won't shart it out later.

why not just get the real kind of good tasting ice cream and not eat an entire pint like a gross, stupid fatty?

Garbage for people who value the sensation of stuffing their face over the actual flavor and texture of what they're eating.

Why even put yourself in that position if you know you have self control issues? I can't say I'm surprised Veeky Forums hates this.

why is this being shilled so hard? what fresh jew shit is trying to sell me this weird expensive ice cream? this shit is everywhere at every store and has its own display

plus i live where you can buy Blue Bell, there's no need to buy any other ice cream

I enjoy the taste of the few I've tried and I think of it has an ice cream shaped protein bar that I occasionally eat as a snack.

>20% of the icecream is fiber

that isn't what those numbers represent

The lemon ice cream was somehow dry.
Something made out of liquids and fats, meant to melt in your mouth somehow managed to be dry.

I will never be buying that brand again, it's not ice cream.

But blue bell doesn't have twinkie or hoho ice cream.

like pic related

pancake and waffles is absolutely awful. None of them are amazing but they aren't awful if you want some ice cream at the end of the day and don't have many calories to play with.

The pumpkin pie flavor is better than Edy's pumpkin pie which is sad.

Blue bell has been lazy as fuck lately.
Released 2 fucking peppermint flavors today.
Sweet and Salty Crunch is just pure fucking laziness. It's french vanilla with a few chocolate coated pretzel balls.
Pink camo and cream. They took a meh ice cream and replaced a decent flavor with a slightly worse one.
Banana split was ok.
Bride,s Cake and Groom's Cake were the last good flavors they put out.

Try Tillamook if you can find it. I think they have better bases than BlueBell but they are light on mix-ins so I still lean BlueBell overall for lower calorie value ice creams.
If you are in texas also try HEB brand which is ok. Their Swoon stuff is amazing too.

Triple dubs of truth

im boycotting them because it was proven they were viral marketing here

It tastes like shit anyway. Literally nothing like normal ice cream.

>14g carbs

Welp, looks like I can't have it.

Dumb and it has no nutritional value.

Pick up Artic Zero instead because they mix in protein powders for flavoring.

He never told anyone not to eat it cause its castrated. He said it sounds very castrated

>rda = percent composition of product
user please tell me you aren't this retarded

why is that dreyers, that brand is called edys

is it called edys to not be confused with breyers?
I've never seen it called dreyers before

It contains a substance the FDA hasn't had enough data yet on the effect on humans.

because, and call me old fashioned, but i think it makes more sense to address the self control issues than to eat a pint of indigestible chemicals to compensate for them

Its just coconut milk its for people that are paleo or keto its good if you get the good flavors ones with chocolate

Pumpkin pie sounds awesome. I rarely eat regular ice cream anymore, and I was into Arctic Zero for a while (most of it is pretty fucking bad in comparison to HT, honestly), but I thought the chocolate almond crunch was amazing, because it tasted almost exactly like pistachio ice cream to me. The black cherry and oatmeal cookie one are also pretty good. I guess if you don't really care about calories, you should just buy "regular" brands, but I'm a faggot so I like it.

no

Yeah sorry, dunno what I was thinking. I didn't get much sleep yesterday. It's closer to 10% but that's still quite a bit to be in ice cream and probably the reason why it has that wood taste to it.

Actually, the erythitol and sugar alcohol and Indigestible fiber don't contribute to net carbs. It's only like 24g digestible carbs in the form of monosaccharides

You can definitely tell its a low cal ice cream, but I think it tastes pretty close to the real thing.

My favorites are red velvet, peanut butter, and cookie dough.

Least favorite was Birthday Cake. Not sure what happened there, it tastes really weird and chemical-y

Maybe I'll get it to help me shit better

Yeah if the supermarket carries Breyers then they label it Edys, otherwise Dreyers or something. It's a weird state by state thing.

HEB birthday cake is one of my favorite flavors. I have not tried the Swoons yet but I saw them being stocked next to Ben & Jerrys.

I am just waiting for Blue Bell to bring back Christmas Cookie and Gingerbread House.

Either make it at home or get Haagen Dazs

>Why is this being shilled?
>Much Blue Bell death cream
Fuck off dipshit.

Yeah, rehab and AA are stupid. Better to hang out around alcohol and just address your self control issues.

Horrible analogy
Diet ice cream isn't rehab or aa
It's switching from straight vodka to bud light

Can't even be called peanut butter

I'm addressing the point about self control issues, but alright.

There was one, with ice creams like "smaller govern mint" . They gave people listeria and were shut down.

Got a pint of the vanilla bean a few months back because it was on sale for like $1.99.
Half of it was an air bubble and it tasted more like a frozen custard than an ice cream, leaving an incredibly bad aftertaste. Threw it away after 1 scoops worth.

>Why shouldn't someone enjoy a low calorie dessert they enjoy it?
Isn't that kind of missing the point? Dessert is a special occasion thing. It's supposed to be an indulgence. If you eat it regularly enough that the idea of a low calorie dessert is appealing you're doing it wrong.

"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?"

Ya fuck off with that shit. I eat a pint of ice cream every day. As long as the rest of your diet supports it feel free to eat whatever you want.

5/66 = 7.5%

pretty good if you eat it right after bringing it home.

if i put it in my freezer then it gets stone frozen and inedible. can't ever successfully get the creamy texture back after that, if i let it sit out for a while then the middle is still stone frozen and the outside is melted with not much in between

Dude try to read the labels more carefully. It has 20% of the recommended dietary fiber per day.
The percentage of fiber per portion would be: (5/66)*100 = 7.6 %

why is everyone bitching about the added fiber, isn't fiber good for you?

It is but when it's added to ice cream to make it lower in calories it just makes it taste worse. It would be cool if scientists could come up with ice cream that's a health food that gives you everything you need to be healthy but this isn't it.