Hello American friends

Hello American friends.

Tonight my family are having a get together to celebrate and enjoy American cuisine. We are splitting this one into several events because you have so many different foods. Last week we did Thai.

This weeks American dishes include burgers, hotdogs, pizza, fried chicken and a blueberry and apple pie. I am in charge of hotdogs and I have some questions.

How do you make good hotdogs? What kind of sausages? What toppings are American classics? Onions, cheese, tomato sauce, mustards? What combinations work well? Do you boil the sausage? Do you fry it or bbq it?

God bless America

Burgers - German
Hotdogs - German
Pizza - Italian
Fried Chicken - Scottish

Nice "American" menu you have there.

>Do you fry it or bbq it
I like mine bbq until it's dark
I like natural casing pork dogs
normal condiments are ketchup mustard pickle relish and chopped onion

Retard detected

Thank you user

does Veeky Forums not eat hotdogs?

no ketchup, just mustard

Only German invented hotdogs.

We get it you fucking nigger. The thing is, many Americans are the decedents of Europeans. So shut the fuck up, hotdogs are now American and Germany is dead and hotdogs are haram there so who gives a fuck.

never put ketchup on a hot dog

die you piece of shit

a good hot dog is called a brat

Bratwurst sausage is the meat that I should buy?

half the fun of hot dogs are that they are so simple to make and go well with a lot of things. you can put just about every condiment on a hot dog. every big city in america has an "official" hot dog condiment list that everyone in the city swears by. chicago style hot dogs are the most famous. you should google up "acceptable hot dog toppings by city" and theres probably a million lists.

The selection of hot dog/brat types in the states is huge, not sure where you are or what you have access to. Lots of people swear by all-beef hot dogs.

Mustard is the typical condiment, pickle relish and onions are also up there. Chili dogs with cheese and onions are a popular variant. Some condiment combinations are totally local, e.g. Chicago dogs. I had a "New Orleans style" hot dog once in Florida with mayo, banana peppers, white onions, and cajun seasoning. It was so good, but I've never seen it served like that anywhere else.

Grilling or frying them will get a nice color on them and develop the flavors a little, but a lot of people boil them. If I'm in a hurry or feeling lazy, I'll just microwave mine. They're not a high quality cut of meat so while you CAN step up your game with grilling, you're not missing out on much by not taking that extra step.

New York-style hotdog has sauerkraut and mustard. Detroit Coney-style dog has chili, cheese, mustard, and diced white onions. Chicago-style dog has yellow mustard, chopped white onions, bright green sweet pickle relish, a dill pickle spear, tomato slices or wedges, pickled sport peppers and a dash of celery salt. Chicago dogs are a monstrous abomination though, even more than a kid's dog with ketchup and mustard.

For an American-style backyard cookout, you want some baked beans, potato salad, and potato chips with French onion dip on the side.

So basically, you steal other countries cuisines and try and pretend that you invented it? America hasn't really contributed much to the world of cooking. Just admit that you are all culture thieves.

Brats are a pretty good bet. You can also reference pic related
What is considered a good hot dog varies widely by region. For the sake of your theme ignore the dogs from regions outside the US ofc

Get some nathans hotdogs, the longer ones. Beef skinless i think. Find a bun that doesnt have soy. Dice up some brown onions and get frenchs mustard. Perfect hot dog imo, wish i could make a good chili to add to it

Americans are a young people, and the nation in its current form hasn't been around that long either. They are punching above their weight in terms of what they have contributed to the culinary world. They may not have invented many things but they have certainly improved many things. American style pizza, hotdogs, fried chicken and apple pies are unique and delicious.

Now go back to whichever Euro-Muslim enclave you hark from and try not to get acided or beheaded.

Of course we're culture thieves. We're either immigrants or the descendants of immigrants who conquered the land from native peoples....which is pretty much the same as just about any culture on earth.

Burger here. I usually make mine on the grill or I cook them in a pan with butter. you can boil them too, but i think it makes them lose flavor. I prefer beef hotdogs. my go to toppings are mustard, pickle relish, and raw white onion. but you can pretty much get as creative as you want with toppings. some other topping ideas(in no particular order): sliced jalopeno, ketchup, caramelized white onions, wrap hotdog in bacon (or sliced bacon topping), chili con carne, tomato, avocado, sauerkraut. There's basically no rules for what you can put on a hotdog. Just try to get your toppings working together

>Germans, Italians, Russians, Irish, and varies other Europeans come to American between 1860-1940 en mass by the millions
>REEEEEEEE STOP STEALING OUR CULTURE

should have done a better job keeping your citizens

Thank you for your help kind Amerikis. It shall be a feast fit for President Trump.

how many new dishes has your country created since 1776? Food was pretty much figured out at that point. we were busy with other shit

This guys kind of rude but his taste in hotdogs are spot on. Only way to go

i take it back, fuck you

Try New England cuisine rather than the usual slop found elsewhere.

Why?

How do you stop hot dog buns from splitting into two separate pieces?

Don't cut them all the way through