/tbg/ - taco bell general

>tfw Taco Bell discontinued literally the best thing on the menu
Revolution when? I'm seriously boycotting them until they bring it back.

Other urls found in this thread:

topsecretrecipes.com/taco-bell-lava-sauce-copycat-recipe.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Habanero cheddar quesarito

rip in peace

best taco bell leftovers I've ever had the next morning

Shut the fuck up faggot adding potatoes to burritos is some California faggot tier shit
>kys

That's not a picture of a smothered steak burrito, no sour cream, nachos, and fire sauce.

>tfw these were a test market item at your local Bell but they're gone now

I got like 6 of them one day, they were so good and cheap as fuck

They discontinued the Double Decker?

has anyone figured out how to make their cheese dip, or at least where to buy it? also pic related is the best idea anyone has ever had

>has anyone figured out how to make their cheese dip
It's literally just nacho cheese sauce with a tiny bit of jalapeno juice in it

I remember when they came out with the double decker taco. it's still my favorite and I don't think I've had any of the new weird stuff like gorditas and crunch wraps
just think about it. if the favorites you miss isn't on the menu anymore, there's a reason. they never took the double decker taco off the menu

you know now that I think about about someone here a week or two reminded me of one that I like a lot. I think it was to soft flour tortillas with nacho cheese in between them and beef cheese and lettuce. the XL taco or something. that was damn good

the first tacobell franchise in Australia in 20 years (Sydney is full of asians and snobs) is about to open near me
what should I get other than everything?

You guys are missing the point. The potatorito wasn't the best thing because of its taste, it was because of the taste/price ratio. It was very tasty, but also only $1. The closest thing they have to it is the beefy fritos burrito, but that just isn't as good.

Crunchwrap
Cheesy gordita crunch
Dorito Taco
Baja blast

Cheesy Gordita Crunch

Cheesy gordita crunch is the best fastfood item in existence

Chalupa Supreme

so good but way too expensive

can i say that as an avid Taco Bell diner (once a week i take a break from sack lunch at work, been doing this for like a year), i have NEVER had a good CGC. i will force myself to get one every once in awhile because i think "maybe i'm having bad luck"

everyone raves, but for me, it's a crunch taco with a really dense and unappealing lukewarm dough sponge wrapped around it. i think i would prefer if it was just a tortilla and not that dusty doughy mass

For one meal, get a smothered steak burrito, no sour cream, and some nachos (either 3-layer or nachos bell grande, depending on how hungry you are.) And get some fire sauce for both while you're at it.

Other than that, you need to try a beefy 5-layer burrito and some Doritos tacos locos. The shredded chicken burrito, the chipotle chicken griller, and the breakfast burritos are pretty decent too. Hard to go wrong with a chicken quesadilla or a crunchwrap supreme either.

Expect to get a lot of food for not much money. It's awesome when you're drunk or high after a night out. They specifically aim their business at late-night drunks and stoners.

get a cheesy potato burrito, its a larger version of the thing you want

they other day I moved a couch cushion and found a half eaten taco bell bean burrito. its like a solid rock
I just put the cushion back and its still under there.
I don't know why I'm such a gross person

I think its time for you to try a different Taco Bell then.

When you eat one that's freshly made and the cheese is still melted and gooey its a magical experience.

I just get the 5 dollar meme box.

when are they bringing back those $1 double stacked tacos, those were next level

My nearby Taco Bell still does it. I just had to ask them.
Beefy Potato-rito is the tits though

>tfw comped

Nah...their Beefy Frito Burrito is the best buy, and their Mexican Pizza is their best tasting item.

Beefy fritos burrito is better you ngger

Is it any good?

i also want to know

It's alright. I think the crispy chicken goes with the jalapeno sauce of the quesadilla more than their steak or grilled(?) chicken does.

I'm still holding out that they'll bring back old grilled stuft or at least the volcano burrito.

>oh no taco bell discontinued something for the 2348457635th time

fuck off faggot

Well if we're going by that then I'm going with the $1 double stacked tacos.
Fuck your potato shit.

>putting an icky wet soggy fried egg as a shell
Taco bell """sheffs""" should be jailed for their crimes

Oh Spicy-Sweet, I miss you so.

Okay, these were really good too, I'll give you that.

Yo Taco Bell will be bringing back the rolled chicken tacos. Also in 99 days taco bell will have french fries. Screencap this.

Reminder that ordering your burritos grilled is free, makes the $1 burritos so much better. Any of the burritos really except the bean burrito.

Is this a real thing? What do you mean? Just ask can you get it grilled? Asking for a friend.

>Volacano burrito

Fuck you for reminding me that this was a thing. Damn that shit was scrumdillyumptious

Not him but yeah, I do it all the time. Just say "I'm gonna have x, and I'm gonna have it grilled." It seriously does make them a lot better.

This will forever remain the greatest thing Taco Bell ever created.

That volcano sauce was damn good. I used to get it on the side for the beefy crunch burritos. Come back pls

>beefy potato burrito is discontinued

They can't fucking do this to me

I actually want to suckerpunch whatever asshole removed this from the menu forever. At least let us keep the volcano sauce goddamnit.

grab a bunch of their sauce packet and then make a bunch yourself, microwave some when you feel hungry it and prep without washing your hands for an authentic taco bell experience.

>and prep without washing your hands
I always do!

It was called lava sauce, and the recipe is online
topsecretrecipes.com/taco-bell-lava-sauce-copycat-recipe.html

why not buy a beef 5 layer and add potatos for 50c

Because that ends up being $1.50 more than the potatorito.

It just isn't the same.

Every single time they take away a beloved item and you have to special order something to even get close to it, it just isn't the same.

I'm sorry

i ate 30 dollars worth of taco bell today

Absolutely disgusting

>Also in 99 days taco bell will have french fries.
Wouldn't even be surprised. With all this fried chicken shit they're doing recently.
I wish they would just fuck off with the fried bullshit and keeping doing tacos and burritos.

We’ll it was replaced by the Doritos ones. They kinda had to nix it.

you can pretty much still get it custom made. maybe even cheaper.

they already have fries in Canada, actually

this is completely logical

Loaded potato griller

we still have the beefy potato burrito ($2.69) here. its on the menu too. i want the beefy crunch burrito back though. something about those flaming hot fritos and mexican rice. also it would be nice to have those habanero/ghost pepper grillers back too. the sauce was fantastic.

eighty nine cent cheesy double beef burrito nigga, the god damn slogan is engraved in my brain and i must have walked my dumb ass to taco bell whenever i had spare change and buy many of those monsters and passed them violently

I used to break up the Flamin Hot and Chili Cheese Frito shells (idr if it was a national thing or a test market thing) and drizzle the ghost pepper sauce over them to eat at work. So FUCKING good. I loved lava sauce, but I'd take the ghost pepper sauce back in an instant.

I ordered one a couple days ago. They asked if my order looked correct on the screen and I said yes. When I got to the window, my total was less than what the screen had said, but I said nothing. Instead of my cheesy potato burrito I got a potato griller, which lacks beef. It's all tortilla and potatoes and pale goo. Horrible.

The one an hour away carries these still, but the closest one doesn't.

>no triple double crunchwrap anymore
ENOUGH

Chalupas are underrated imo, they're my go to. But I just realized I haven't tried a lot of the rest of the menu. Hit me up with some recs

>>tfw Taco Bell discontinued literally the best thing on the menu
They discontinued the chili cheese burrito as a universal menu item over a decade ago user.

This and the fiery grillers were the best fucking thing ever.

I remember being completely wasted on Xanax bars with a friend of mine lying on the floor in the game room munching out on some fiery grillers that his gf bought us.

i kind of miss the flat bread things desu, also not a lot of people know this but you can get anything grilled on the menu for free. a grilled potato burrito was really good.

>Taco Bell

Taco Bell food is fucking inedible. Seriously.

You're supposed to get high or drunk first

You probably ate there sober you fucking square

I always buy the shredded chicken mini quesadillas in bulk

post your go-to orders bros:

LPG
cool ranch CGC
steak quesorito

> the doubledilla is gone

Killing myself brb

This, also, they brought back naked chicken chips, so I know what I'm getting trashed and stuffing my face with this week!

Steak quesarito add bacon and potatoes

>he doesnt remember the $1 crunchwrap sliders

those things were the best shit

the sauce they put on it is disgraced by this chicken nugget meme theyre trying out.

>All these complaints about discontinued taco bell items
Isn't all taco bell food just varying combinations of their slurpee-esque meat, bean, and cheese dispensers, maybe with sour cream thrown on top?

>We’ll it was replaced by the Doritos ones.

I could've sworn the dorito taco was already a thing for years when they introduced the volcano taco, and that the volcano menu was kind of a thing that just came and went.

Volcano burrito as a singular item was on menus for years beforehand though.

I'm convinced the people in charge of the company are just assholes, because there are so many fan-favorite items that were good-selling menu items for years, and then they just decide "nah, let's get rid of it", while other shit just stays on the menu forever.

I'm pretty sure they just make decisions like that based on what gets them the most money. If these things were really as consistently fan-favorited as you think then they'd still be on the menu because that's a really easy thing for them to track and no major fast food chain is trying to decrease their profitability.

They had those in Virginia around 2000.

The TB was weird there. Know how there's always been the 3 taco meal? They didn't have that. They had two tacos plus fries dressed like nachos supreme.

Stop shilling taco bell threads you disgusting mong. cook real food. I bet you're the type of person to post in sip threads.

Every digestive system medication you can get without a prescription.

Nah. It's about the production chain. Most everything on TB's permanent menu is used in multiple items. That's a huge part of why the Chili Cheese Burrito went away from universality. That was the only item chili was used in.

Aside from that, the lede time for national chains like TB is ridiculously long, especially for certain kinds of items. It's like how siracha could show up basically everywhere, but McDonalds is just now getting around to putting avocado on shit. There's also the general market as well to contend with. The McRib only shows up when pork gets below a certain price and when McDonalds can purchase enough of it.

Another factor is how much of a hassle is it to make/clean up after making.

There's a lot of reasons for a product that sells very well to not make it to the menu.

>STOP TALKING ABOUT THINGS I DON'T LIKE SHILL FUCK YOU [insert no true scotsman] REEEEEEEE
Thanks for helping make the board a better place

Isn't that covered by the concept of "profitability?" It's the amount of money you make after costs, so if the item costs more than it's worth than it isn't profitable and would need to be more popular than it currently is to become profitable.

Yes and no. Some of it is in a roundabout, indirect as hell way. Like making the most of each ingredient allows streamlining of ordering process and reducing human error while making the employees' lives easier (which leads to happier employees who give better service--which granted might just be marginal gains, but ounces make pounds which results in happier customers and so on)...it's not just the bare cost cutting that ordering 1 kind of item instead of 3 can get you.

As to the no part, you can make a profit in a whole bunch of ways. I'm sure that if they put a gynecologist in a corner booth with a privacy curtain, they could wring a profit out of a pap smear and taco combo. A little less absurd example is how does a given product fit into the way you want the business to operate? Does it give a higher profit margin while completely undercutting some other core principle for the company? Like say that there was some product that they made that took 10 minutes for each one to be made, but had a ridiculously high profit margin...one that surpasses that of however many of the few seconds to prepare items on the menu. If you start pushing that, you're now changing most everything about the experience of dining at TB.

>only $1
They have an ENTIRE MENU of shit thats $1, or does that not exist in cuckistan?

i miss these so much

I can never get the right amount of food.
Either its way too fucking much (cravings deal, most other boxes) or annoyingly too little (ordering shit off the dollar menu)

get alot then save it. thats what fridges are for

>reheating fast food
I dont weigh 360lb so i think I'll fucking pass, you disgusting troglodyte

i'm 125lbs and i reheat fast food sometimes
if it's a burger i'll eat it cold tho
don't see how it's any worse than eating leftover pizza

>can't eat a 5 dollar box

are you a woman?

It's literally a 5/10 not terrible but not great ( By taco bell standards btw ) 5 dollar box it comes in is a good deal tho.

I have not been back to taco bell since they stopping serving the chili cheese burrito. Which I understand was never a nationwide menu item to begin with. Taco bell is a company which clearly does not care about the customer.

>steak quesartio
>potato griller
>baja blast freeze

The Chad Feast.

The chicken is 4/10 (mcnugget tier)
The cheese is 3/10 as per usual
The sauce is 8/10 would get on everything
Overall I wouldn't recommend it.

These are gross user

How do they compare to Del Taco? Are they crinkle cut? I need to know more, shitty Taco Bell intern.