Southern food isn't goo-

>Southern food isn't goo-

Seriously, authentic Southern Macaroni and Cheese is one of the most likable dishes on earth

Other urls found in this thread:

aaregistry.org/historic_events/view/soul-food-brief-history
foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/creamy-macaroni-and-cheese-recipe-1947457
youtube.com/watch?v=FHDwRECFL8M
youtube.com/watch?v=sCJTR3XeiAc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9VIhvpRrf_4
youtube.com/watch?v=coYqrXsDPdU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dont go claimin our food now white boi

we gon let u eat it but give a niBBa credit

>pasta with loads of dairy and fat
>no vegetables or anything of nutritional value

seems like stuff poor, obese people would eat desu

why is it socially acceptable for nigs to act like 12 year olds on deviantart
>DONT STEAL MUH PRECIOUS OC RRRRREEEEEEEEE

xdd comfort foods r bad

S O P H I S T I C A T E D individuals like myself prefer a small portion of obscure meat with a P E R F EC T vegetable pairing and a smear of sauce on the plate for flavor enhancement

best part is that they actually didn't make 3/4 of the shit they claim

Fuck off Zesty Gourmand

lmao I said nothing like that, just plain pasta with dairy seems horrible

well the idea is that you pair cheeses so that the cheese sauce you wind up making pulls notes of nutty cheeses, sharp cheeses and creamy cheeses and puts it all into one place

then atleast I will season with salt, black pepper, dry mustard, cayenne and paprika to taste

its a pretty good dish imo

>>Southern food isn't goo-
Said no one. ever.

>Seriously, authentic Southern Macaroni and Cheese is one of the most likable dishes on earth
If you are equating black people as Southern, or Southern as black people, you would be wrong. Macaroni and cheese is poverty food, not Southern. It is really common as the treat and special occasion casserole because it is expensive to make when made well. You use about 1.5lbs of cheese per pound of pasta or more, and the bake time tops 45 minutes. Food pairings aside, this is a cheese dish first, not pasta, so you will see it show up when there are plenty of other starches to go around. It is very popular in the islands because of the pantry nature of boxed mixes that use little more than milk. Dairy farming isnt a big thing in uhh, Trinidad, or Nassau, so when the mix is made, it means you're buying milk, using butter, but not quite buying $10 worth of cheese. This keeps the tradition alive.

I'm not that demographic, and this is not part of our family celebrations, but I do make a casserole the day or so after I roast a fresh ham. Pair it up or even add some ham to it. I used to make it much more when I traveled to Curacao often. I would bring back a whole wheel of gouda for 1/2 price and carve off it and do my cheese thing to excess.

You must have had a pretty horrible childhood and i pity you

"Soul food" is just white Southern food except you eat shit that white people would throw away, like chitterlings and chicken livers.

Most of this shit my (white) family was eating since before the chains even came off your ancestors.

aaregistry.org/historic_events/view/soul-food-brief-history

>mac and cheese
>from the south

Yeah but your ancestors didn't season their fried chicken, most people these days only eat fried chicken that has seasoning

It's like Italians inventing the basic concept of pizza, but the pizza we all eat is an American invention

>this dumb meme

Mac and cheese is poverty food

Mac n Cheese is Canadian.

>Macaroni and Cheese
We have something similar, and its basically the same recipe without the cheese but more milk and eggs, but also whatever else you want to throw in there, bacon, sausage, beans and its fucking delicious

I might try it with cheese but the amount of cheese in some of the recipes I found are disgusting

Macaroni and Cheese is English

>He doesn't like carbonara
>He doesn't like alfredo

Unfortunately this guy is right

>3.84 MB, 4272x2848
what's with all that overkill?

>Macaroni milk eggs and beans

that shit sounds nasty.

mac and cheese simple, perfect

Fuck mac n shit, enter cornbread

>Yeah but your ancestors didn't season their fried chicken
lol you niggers actually believe this don't you?
just like the egyptians were sub-saharan africans too

>Macaroni and Cheese
No cheese for you, American.
Enjoy your wood pulp, pasteurized ‘cheese’ product.

They need something to make themselves feel good,let's let them have the seasoning meme it makes them look less silly than the "we waz kangs"

Its not plain pasta. It has dairy.

>I'm a no fun ninny nigger that wants to ruin your favorite thing.
Who hurt you, user?

yeah 'mexican' cornbread is super comfy southern food to me

Why the fuck are y'all debating why macaroni and cheese is southern and not real southern food like barbecue, pit, soul, cracklings and creole?

Im from germany, could someone give me a really authentic recipe for Mac n Cheese?

G R I T S

Most people here aren't very knowledgeable about food. That includes myself.

I'm sorry you had to learn this way.

How do I make homemade Mac and cheese? Any tips?

I'd assume there'd be a big enough amount of people on Veeky Forums from the american south. Anything from Virginia down to florida and across the delta. Thats a good amount of people.

I don't frequent Veeky Forums often but it seems more like a fast/junk food board then actual cooking sometimes. Also the rise of the non-edible threads are beginning to make me think Veeky Forums has pica

I haven't made it in forever but here's a paula deen recipe i pulled off google
foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/creamy-macaroni-and-cheese-recipe-1947457

The standard way is to make a roux, then add a little milk to it and melt cheese in to make your sauce. It's basically Bechamel sauce with a lot of cheese added in, commonly cheddar. Then you mix that with cooked pasta.

If you pick cheeses that melt well as opposed to cheddar then you don't need to make the roux at all. Just melt the cheese, add a little milk (or better yet, heavy cream) to make your sauce. This is my preferred method because it's less work and it tastes more "cheesy". Good choices for cheese are things like gouda or gruyere. You can also do it with blue cheese, but that's not very traditional.

Some people like to put breadcrumbs on top and then bake it in the oven (like OP pic). I suggest not doing that as it tends to overcook and make the pasta mushy.

Get a good mix of cheeses (plenty of websites discuss this, so I won't bother)
Cook your noodles around 1/2 done
Make a mornay sauce
Combine sauce and noodles in casserole dish
bake for a while
pull out and top with whatever topping cheese you chose and possibly some buttered bread crumbs/something similar to add crunch

That's the basics. Adding shit like mustard, various peppers, onion powder, etc. to suit your tastes.

>not eating high res mac&cheese

Someone must've had a rough childhood.

>Veeky Forums's pica confirmed

Nigger white people conquered the world for seasonings and spices.

Thomas Jefferson invented macaroni and cheese.

Thomas Jefferson was a slave owner. Not only did he own slaves, but he also fucked them like disposable fuck toy cum dumpsters, and bred many mulatto garbage children.

Don't believe me? Look it up.

Its one of the reasons why I love this classic American dish with a rich and colorful history.

He also designed the Monticello dining room with dumbwaiters, so guests never actually saw his slaves while eating.

If I owned 600 slaves I would certainly use a couple of the female teens as my personal jizz toilet.
Smart man. And brilliant invention of this classic American favorite.
He earned his place on our currency and coinage.

>Macaroni cheese
Literally Hitler

>your ancestors didn't season their fried chicken
You realize whites headed west across the oceans and discovered north and south America looking for new spice routes, right? Of course you do.

Why are blacks so dumb?

It's an English dish that predates the use of metal tools on your continent you pleb

What's the optimal cheese blend for mac and cheese?
Tell me your secrets Veeky Forums

Yeah but how does thus prove thatvyou're nit gay lolololol. Pwnd unironically.

Typical British poster. Everything is yours, huh?
Nobody cares about your stupid claims anymore. How about some proof? Google what I said and find thousands of legitimate references.

50/50 Gruyere and smoked gouda. No need for a roux or bechamel, these cheeses melt very well on their own. Just melt the cheese and thin it with a spash of heavy cream.

Google harder please
>inb4 Wikipedia

OP said it was Southern food, meaning the South of the US. We dont give a shit about your proto-version, which most likely sucked. Try to stay on topic, okay?

My issue was with the Thomas Jefferson story.
You lack history but please don't just make it up to suit your narrative your not Chinese.

The Thomas Jefferson story is the one with thousands of legitimate references.
He really did use his numerous slaves as his sperm toilet. As well as being the father of the modern macaroni and cheese recipe. Now how about you go swallow some dicks like a good British man, and stop coming to the .com and go back to the .co.uk site where you can enjoy your walled garden.

The sperm toilet part wasn't the bit I was addressing either maybe you should "try to stay on topic"
I know most Ameribros arnt like you but you are a peculiarity that is seemingly more common on Veeky Forums recently

>He earned his place on our currency and coinage.
he would actually be pretty mad about being on paper money, desu.

Back on topic. So, you are claiming the UK invented American southern cooking, specifically macaroni and cheese?
The Confederacy would like to have a word with you.

>maybe you should "try to stay on topic"
Maybe he needed to invent mac and cheese all by himself with no help at all to feed his horde of mulatto children.

Adopting and adapting are very different from inventing.
Mac and cheese is pretty common in the Caribbean aswell and I'm sure they hold it dearly as part of Caribbean cuisine, but even they aren't retarded enough to think Bob Marly invented it just to give a pretty bare history some relevance

>increasing your slave count enriched with superior DNA injections is a bad idea
Wow, where did you get your MBA? How's your career going? Is your portfolio thriving?

This might explain the meme
>America
>white
Pick one

Based on a true story.

can we just have one gotdam Veeky Forums thread that doesnt devolve into /pol/ shit

Yet don't know how to use them?

I didn't say it was either a bad thing or a good thing, I said he invented Mac & cheese to feed the niglet Jeffersons.
You're a little bit wacky- a very colorful character.

Jefferson's macaroni and cheese isn't going away anytime soon, faggot.
Your revisionist history isn't working, and its just making you look like a foolish asshole. Please stop.

Why are white people so obsessed with black people?
I mean it's better than being proud of something you have no control over like these /pol/ autists.
>Hurdurr were white. We Is Best. Wurr da people no step on snek

You're kinda stupid for asserting that. There's no way that that level of expensive ingredient was used to feed slaves.

Ok Thomas Jefferson invented mac and cheese

Please look up the words you are using specifically "revisionist"
I'm sure it's not going anywhere with proud men like you defending the truth

No cheddar? Isn't that a sin?

I was not being sincere- you probably know this, it seems very obvious. I think you're trying to annoy me, but I don't know why.

Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.
Fish don't fry in the kitchen;
Beans don't burn on the grill.
Took a whole lotta tryin'
Just to get up that hill.
Now we're up in teh big leagues
Gettin' our turn at bat.
As long as we live, it's you and me baby
There ain't nothin wrong with that.
Well we're movin on up,
To the east side.
To a deluxe apartment in the sky.
Movin on up
To the east side.
We finally got a piece of the pie.

No mention of Macaroni and Cheese? Really makes you think.

youtube.com/watch?v=FHDwRECFL8M

Euro version of "The Jeffersons"

youtube.com/watch?v=sCJTR3XeiAc

what if I put some of this in?

I suck trillions of pounds of dick every day

So literally every Italian dish?

You can't talk about Southern food on Veeky Forums without it going /pol/ tier.

It's always going to immediately go straight to
>black people invented every southern food and the whypipo don't know how to season food lol
Then, even if it was bait, like the first post here probably was, /pol/ tiers will fall for it every single time.

Thomas Jefferson invented mac and cheese was he black now aswell?
I'm learning a lot about American history in this thread.

I'm not involved in your little spastic argument, friend.

I'm just a poor white Southern boy. All I know is what my family always ate. I can't tell you anything beyond that.

But seriously Thomas Jefferson invented mac and cheese?
That doesn't sound insane to you?
At least claim he built the pyramids

Baked pasta is better than mac n cheese though.

So it's only a good food if you want to limit the amount of ingredients you use.

The best mac and cheese is baked, though.

TJ didn't invent mac and cheese, it's English. He did however bring back pasta extruders from Italy that could produce elbow macaroni and he did serve it at his house, which is where the idea comes from that he invented it

I don't know my dude, the shit they serve at panera, or boston market is unbaked and I have 0 problems with that

I agree with you entirely but I like to imagine the "poor southern white boy" his words not mine being told by his obese mother to " eat yall jeffy pie now and yas will grow up ta be prezdent like ole Tommy jeffson"

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9VIhvpRrf_4

It's kind of hard to dislike southern cooking. It's really quite fatty and decadent.

Thank God the British are asleep right now, but they are claiming southern macaroni and cheese is theirs.
This could start another war, and the EU won't be helping them after Brexit.

>Southern Macaroni and Cheese is one of the most likable dishes on earth

Who said anybody doing anything on deviantart was socially acceptable?
Who the fuck are you talking to?

Add cream spinach?

That is not how its done...

Not in this age. If you replicate that shitty recipe, you are doing it wrong.

>Southern food isn't goo-
You posted literally noodles in goo.

I've have Southern style mac and cheese and I've never been impressed. Best m&c I've had was at Golden Corral.

Watch this video and learn. This is the CORRECT way to do it, anything else is a bastard variant.
Its called:
Macaroni and Cheese Recipe - Tom Jefferson's Mac and Cheese

youtube.com/watch?v=coYqrXsDPdU

Notice at the end how he says fuck you England, this is ours and not yours. The truth hurts, but it took Americans to make this dish great.

>97 replies and no fucking collard greens

Literally the best and tastiest greens, also good as fuck for you. I try to make a big pot once a week