How would one go about learning math from its very beginning to the modern peak?

How would one go about learning math from its very beginning to the modern peak?

As in learning from Ancient Greece to Now.
Would you happen to have a guide?

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>dividing by 0

>starting with ancient greek

Well you could start with Euclids Elements, but it's not rigorous by today's standards.

Math has been redefined from the ground up a few different time since then.

You should probably start with a random set theory text.
Then you can branch out to any other field you want more or less.

start with
>introduction to analytic number theory
and then for literally everything else
>morris kline's math textbooks

both of them take the liberty of educating you in math history

If [math]a - b = a - a = 0[/math], then you cannot divide by [math]a - b[/math]

i am doing this right now in fact. you jus go to youtube and search the history of mathematics. im about done with greeks now

>>Veeky Forums

Do you recommend any set theory texts in particular? I'm looking at some cheap dover paperbacks and they have a few different options.

Retard here, where's he dividing by zero?

Going from the fourth line to the 5th line, he cancels out (a-b) from either side, where a:=b, so by definition (a-b) = 0. To cancel them he divided the whole equation by (a-b), which is therefore dividing by 0.
I answered your question, please answer mine, and forgive me if it sounds hostile. Why the fuck would you browse a science/maths board in your spare time if you don't know how to do basic maths? You won't learn here, and there's nothing to be gained from watching others discuss shit you don't understand

I just like math and dinosaurs

Fair enough, that's cool. You should pick up some beginner textbooks, read them and try the exercises, I think it's a fun way to learn. I get it's an easier and more addictive way to casually browse Veeky Forums but you won't get much out of it without anons spoonfeeding, which gets tiring for them.

introduction to analytic number theory by whom?

Netflix

The history of maths.

Pretty illuminating.

Just start studying analysis, everything relevant will come up naturally that way.

Read the sticky.

one equals everything

ftfy

Just read a history of math textbook.
Veeky Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Math_Textbook_Recommendations#Historical

Nah, they should all be about the same.
You start with development of naturals, then to integers,reals, complex.

Then you see definitions and theorems about arithmetic operations

Algebra and geometry goes further back than Greece all the way back to Mesopotamia.

>Euclid's Elements
>Archimedes
>Apollonius of Perga's On Conic Sections
>Nichomachus of Gerasa's Introduction to Arithmetic
>Descartes
>Newton
>Leibniz
from the Adler reading list