Should there be a lit for non-fiction books only?

Should there be a lit for non-fiction books only?

I don't give a fuck about the stupid fucking fairly tale hurr durr my emotions bullshit most of lit seems to like.

this board is already dead enough as it is
there's no need to create a new board just to please pseuds like you

Do you consider poetry to be fiction or nonfiction?

Maybe the board wouldn't be dead if people were nice, you really hurt my feelings.

i see it as people trying to write simple shit as pretentiously as they possibly can.

If I just remember every fact about everything, I'll soon reach omnipotence.

weininger died that way

No, i won't reach omnipotence, but i will be better than people who read fiction in every way, i can actually use what I've learned to accomplish goals in the real world.

I bet you don't even know how to cook meth.

If I just create a mathematical formula for attraction, I'll soon have sex with everyone.

What about when music is set to poetry and not prose? Fiction or nonfiction?

We got the next Gödel ova hea

>it's a brainlet wants a brainlet reservation
You might want to try reddit.

>I'll be better
>better

Read some non-fiction, kiddo. Values are human creations and subject to fiction not objective topics such as *starightens bow tie*
non fiction.

>wanting sex

Only a brainlet would presume that because his life revolves around trying to have sex so must the lives of others.

Haha, you "don't want" sex because you are a social outcast.

>accomplish goals
Every time. Every thread like this is some worthless autismo trying to make himself feel better about his neet life.

I do not listen to music tainted with words.

Yes, i am, just as like all great men of times past have been.

>tries to act like he's above fixtion
>starts thread with a pseuds go-to-choice when it comes to nonfiction

What did OP mean by this.

We could try to have non-fiction general threads.

Is poetry commonly found in the non-fiction section of the bookstore/library? Technically it's not fiction, but generally when people say "non-fiction" they don't mean everything that isn't fiction.

Most "great men" only achieved greatness through moderate to extreme nepotism in their lifetime.

Is that your excuse for choosing to be a failure and reading fiction instead of non-fiction for emotional comfort?

Sort yourself out.

I want you to read nothing but non-fiction from now own.
every time you see a book marked fiction i want you to think of preschoolers, you are not a preschooler, you are an adult, adults read non-fiction.

Non-fiction should simply be discussed on Veeky Forums with greater regularity, but most of these people just don't care. I've tried a handful of times to get threads going about art books, but no one ever bites. They just really really like made-up stories that never happened and are consequently of no use or value in the world.*

*Obviously this is meant partly tongue-in-cheek --- emphasis on partly.

To its credit, Veeky Forums is quite fond of philosophy and theory, which is a genre of literature which, it seems to me, straddles fiction and non-fiction in the sense that it's not prose fiction of course, but at the same time is still "speculative" in a sense that a book about trains isn't.

Jesus, this thread has brought out the biggest retards in a retarded board.

I want STEM retards to leave.

Recommend me some art books. I've mostly just read practical ones about drawing (George Bridgman, Burne Hogarth, etc.)

A great general survey book is "The Art Book", by Phaidon. 500 plates give a general survey of Western art (with the odd Japanese/non Euro thing thrown in) from about the early renaissance up through the modern "let's paint rectangles" period. Artists are presented alphabetically, with a single representative work, and given a paragraph-blurb with very basic information about their life and art. This is followed by a few context markers, or as we would now say "tags" to similar/ related artists within the same book.

He's a bit of a meme but I quite like M.C. Escher. The single best book on the artist is: M.C. Escher, his life and complete graphic work. This is a combination biography/catalog raisonne. Escher spent his formative years backpacking around Europe, especially Italy, which formed the basis of his earlier, non-mathematical art. Escher later lived in Rome for a time before eventually returning back to his home Netherlands. Escher visited the Alhambra as well, and was deeply impressed by its geometric patterns. Circa 1937, Escher made a conscious decision to depict patterns and recursive ideas in his art, and this led to the mature works that we know as memes today, but you can regularly find references to the Italian countryside in his work, esp. the coast of Atrani/Amalfi which crops up in the Metamorphosis prints.

Escher was a PRINTMAKER, not a painter (a few early, uncharacteristic watercolors notwithstanding), a common misconception. His techniques of choice were the woodcut and the lithograph, and a few times, he dabbled with an extremely abstruse form of lithograph called the mezzotint. Apparently mezzotints are an arcane process and a pain in the ass, but he did a few just to prove to himself that he really was a true master of his chosen medium.

I also recently read two books on the Book of Kells in their entirety (both belonging to parents). There's this big green one which is among the best books on the subject (Francoise Henry) and pops up sometimes in fine American bookstores.

I imagine you're actively trying to raise you're testosterone levels as well.

Have fun with it, pal. Every time you look at yourself in the mirror after one of your cold showers, I want you to think of a big Black man coming up behind you and fucking you in the ass.

Why a big black man?

I don't understand the fascination with black cocks on Veeky Forums you could've picked a cock of any color yet people always seem to pick black cock, it's strange.