I need to eat more salad, what are some good salad dressings?

i need to eat more salad, what are some good salad dressings?

Are you having the salad as a side dish or main course?

If I have salad as a main, then I'll use a dressing made of mainly yogurt, with a little sour cream/buttermilk/mayo added for more flavor and creaminess. For seasoning I'll put in garlic, herbs, Romano cheese, and black pepper.

If I'm having salad as a side dish, I'll just dilute some vinegar and add garlic, herbs, black pepper, mustard, and a little honey. Usually don't use dressings with fat or oil in them as a side dish because I like to have it light and vinegary to balance out the main dish which usually has fat instead.

greek yogurt, hotsauce, mustard, lemon.

You can throw differen't combos leafy herbs in it too, like tarragon or basil or perilla. great with leafy greens.

main course
salads are good for you, fast to make, have tons of vegetables wich are good for my body and are pretty much a sandwich with half the bread and twice the vegetables
plus i can add pretty much anything to them

Yeah I love having salads for a main course, I do it every week or two. I'll put in as many vegetables as I can but also add some grated hard boiled egg, cheddar cheese, and walnuts to make it a little more filling and give it a bit more protein. The yogurt dressing helps with that too.

You definitely need to make your own salad dressings. They're so easy, and won't have shit it doesn't need in it like store bought dressings.
I've made lots and lots of different dressings over the years, but there's two that are extremely simple and require no special skill or fancy ingredients.
>Vinaigrette - 1/2 cup vinegar (don't use plain white vinegar for this, it's too harsh. You can also use a mix of vinegar, or half vinegar and half citrus juice), 1/4 cup water, a small dollop of mustard, any fresh herbs you like minced up, black pepper, a bit of salt, and just enough oil to help the dressing stick. You don't need a bunch of oil. I like using either olive, walnut, or grapeseed oil. Put everything in a jar with a lid and shake it up like you're playing maracas.
>Cream dressing - this is so good and so incredible easy. 1/2 cup cream, 1/4 cup vinegar or lemon juice, 1 tablespoon sugar, 2 scallions sliced, salt and pepper to taste. This dressing is great to toss with your greens before adding other salad ingredients. You can drizzle a bit more on top, as well. It's one of my go-tos for a simple green salad. Combine all ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake well, like the other.
Those are the two simplest but delicious dressings.

last week i made some pulled pork and added that and cheese to my salads
i also made ssome homemade mayo with mustard but for some reason it stayed too liquid

>(don't use plain white vinegar for this, it's too harsh
how about rice vinegar?

That's a great one to use.

French, Russian, Oil and vinegar.

you do not need to eat more salad
salad is raw and so contains viruses and so it is very unhealthy. Only eat food that is sterilized/cooked.

>get a load of this faggot

You're raw and unhealthy. Cook yourself immediately.

>miso paste
>Vinegar
>minced ginger
>Diced garlic
>Just enough sugar to balance it

Simmer and let cool.

1 part vinegar, three parts oil.
Add a surfacant like mustard, honey or egg yolk to the vinegar.
Slowly drizzle in the oil while beating.
Add any other flavors you want.
Boom, great salad dressing, any flavor, takes three minutes to make.

1/4 cup rice
1/4 cup tamari
2 tbsp dark sesame oil

I served it over shredded cabbage, grated carrot, and sliced broccoli, was excellent.

*1/4 cup rice vinegar

caesar and that dressing that you get when you go to a japanese restaurant

Lemon juice and balsamic you fat fuck

yaaa
what IS that dressing anyway. is it just vinegar and water and sugar?

rice vinegar, mirin, sesame oil

Mild salsa.
Very low calorie dressing option.
When I would get really hungry while on my diet I could eat a head of lettuce with half a jar of salsa for about 300 calories.

Balsamic

just olive oil. add balsamico if you can't live without it, but do dish out for proper aceto balsamico, not some fucking coloured vinegar. read the label, most """"aceto balsamico"""" are just that. get a real one. but you won't need it if you've fresh ingredients.
or just dice up some tomatoes, some fresh dill, finely slice half of a small onion and mix a tablespoon of creme fraishe into that.