Almond "milk"

>almond "milk"

What if you're lactose intolerant?

Don't drink milk ?

>latex milk

>vegan meat

Lactase tablets
Or, you can buy milk which has had the lactose removed. One brand I have seen is called "lactaid".

what? I tastes good. So does coconut and soy milk(the true patrician milk for breakfast cereal). It just sounds like you hate variety OP

or I could just get a drink without having to take a pill. lactaid tastes like shit, way worse than almond/soy/coconut/hemp/whatever milk

>not milking your own almond
Faggot.

>British "Cuisine"

A scot would kill you for saying haggish is british

Holy shit what did Pac-Man do to them to deserve this?

I'd much rather take a pill and drink actual milk. The minor inconvenience of taking a pill far outweighs the inferior taste of nut milks. Not to mention it avoids a lot of questionable additives that are common in store-bought nut milks.

That's Scottish.
Also, why do people shit on British food anyways? It's comfort food and it's delicious.

>Why do people not evaluate cuisines objectively on a shitposting and meme board?

yeah, I guess

I like it in some things. Like, I've become a fan of using it with oatmeal. The extra nuttiness is pretty awesome. I typically add a small bit of cream for creaminess.

I mean, it's an ingredient. Kinda shitty if you use it as a replacement for actual milk, but if you use it as nutty flavored liquid, it's got some uses.

>Also, why do people shit on British food anyways?
I ask that question often. Most people tend to reply something about how WWII fucked over their cuisine, but the fact is that the "British food sucks" meme is actually very old. Mrs. Beeton's, an English cookbook from the mid 1800's, makes reference to the "poor reputation of British cuisine abroad". Thus it pre-dates both world wars by several decades, and may even be earlier than that.

I honestly have no idea where it comes from but I'm interesting in learning about it. Sure, British food does have some dishes that sound god-awful to people not used to them, but that's no different than any country's cuisine.

The answer is:
It's Scandinavian cuisine lite. A lot of boiled shit. A lot of weird shit like jellied eel. Even more boiled shit. Some boiled shit. And a lot of preserved seafoods which are popular with basically no one.

Geography fucked the UK's cuisine.

>A lot of boiled shit
Name ten (10)
>weird shit like jellied eel
Poor people ate it because it was abundant, nutritious and cheap. Virtually no-one eats them anymore.
>preserved seafoods
>Geography fucked the UK's cuisine
The UK has some of the freshest seafood in the world. Are you retarded? It is literally an island, a small one at that. Why would you need to preserve anything when the fish is right at your door?

I do agree that the UK is certainly fucked by climate. But you have to ask yourself why the other countries in the same (or worse) situation don't have that same reputation.

Scandinavian food is commonly regarded as being bland. And there are a couple things that people love to freak out about, like surstromming or hakarl. But the "British food sucks" meme is far more prevalent than "Swedish food sucks". That seems strangely inconsistent.

I wonder if the existence of the British Empire had anything to do with it? After all, in the not-too-distant past not very many people except locals would have been exposed to Scandinavian food. On the other hand, the British Empire spanned the globe, so there were a great many people who were not only exposed to British cuisine, but who also were comparing it to cuisine from regions which had a much better climate.

You're seriously going to claim that there's not 10 boiled items in all of British cuisine?
>Poor people ate it because it was abundant, nutritious and cheap. Virtually no-one eats them anymore.
You're aware that poverty food is the basis for literally every cuisine on the planet, right?
>The UK has some of the freshest seafood in the world. Are you retarded? It is literally an island, a small one at that. Why would you need to preserve anything when the fish is right at your door?
You need to preserve that shit if you're more than an hour away or want to use it any real amount of time after pulling it out of the ocean. Further, you do realize that seafood is actively disliked by probably a majority of the world, right?

I think you nailed it. It's the Empire. Basically no one (in comparison) has come across Norwegian food. Everyone has encountered some kind of British food or stories of British food.

Because no one thinks about Scandinavian food ever. Aside from Africa, countries with shit food simply don't have decent ingredients, it's not climate tho as Spain and poortugal have crappy food also

>The UK has some of the freshest seafood in the world. Are you retarded? It is literally an island, a small one at that. Why would you need to preserve anything when the fish is right at your door?

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but I think the point about geography refers to the latitude of Great Britain. It's fairly far north, therefore it has a short growing season. The list of things that could be grown there (before the advent of modern technology) was very short. You couldn't grow tropical fruits, hot peppers, most herbs and spices, and so on.

The closer you get to the equator the growing seasons greatly improve and you have the ability to grow herbs and spices, peppers, etc, that you just can't grow in a cold northern climate.

I find it rather odd that British seafood isn't more well known. Everyone knows "fish and chips" but there's really not much else that's well known, except for the infamous cringe dishes like stargazy pie or jellied eel. Compare that to, say, Japan which is also an island nation, but is world-famous for countless different fish preparations. I wonder why there aren't more well-known British seafood dishes.

>I find it rather odd that British seafood isn't more well known.

I think that's part of the problem/reputation, really. You would think that an island nation would be fucking amazing at seafood dishes and would be famous for them, but for whatever reason they aren't. And the one seafood dish that they are famous for is hardly unique--every nation that has fish likes to fry them.

>that food is from Pennsylvania, not the USA

>peanut "butter"

How do you even milk a nut

And almond milk isn't milk, you mouthbreather.

scots are british you moron, britain is the island they live on

That's not how that works

Exactly, idiot

It isn't milk but it tastes good

I think you answered your own question

*almond(((milk)))

Haggis is from the pre British era, each constitute nation would agree that this is Scottish not British. So spin on that fatty.

Wrong, Britain is a union of nations the landmass is called the British isles.
Scottish are British but haggis is not, it was around before the union and is only really eaten by the Scots, family's with a Scottish parent who want to retain and pass culture on to kin and sometimes very rarely by English on Scottish holidays most famous being Burns night.

>Almond milk thread
>How long before stargazy pies are mentioned?
>23 posts

ok then you agree with me, retard

>scots are british you moron, britain is the island they live on
Nope. The island would be "Great Britain", not just "Britain".

Calling Scots British is just as stupid as calling Canadians American.

Yes I do, i replied to the wrong post.

>tastes good
Nope.

British "cuisine" is literally fish & chips. That's it. The extent of your culinary culture can be summed up with the words "battered fish", and even that's something that NEW England does far better.

You forgot Chicken Tikka Masala, meat pies, yorkshire pudding, spotted dick, jugged hare (fucking awesome), jellied eels, stargazy pie, faggots, bangers n mash, chip buttys, and toast sandwiches.

I CLAPPED

I drink almond milk all the time mainly because I'm still a pubescent pimply faggot. When I drink milk, the hormones only make my skin worse. I'd like to think when I'm out of this phase I'd be able to drink milk again but desu I don't miss it all that much rn. If any of you other lads have terrible skin, try going off milk for a week.

Underrated

scotland is part of britain you sperg

british is the adjective for the british isles you sperg, especially for great britain