My birthday is coming up and my mom wants to stock my kitchen. She just bought me a microwave, last one broke...

My birthday is coming up and my mom wants to stock my kitchen. She just bought me a microwave, last one broke, and knives. I have plenty of pots. What else does every kitchen need?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Dozenegg-Standard-Weight-Mixing-Stainless/dp/B0169F8NVM).
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nice big cutting board, preferably made of teakwood.

Alright so far I have
>big cutting board
>deep pot
>cast iron skillet

Appliances: microwave, toaster, maybe a blender if you like milkshakes/ smoothies/ frozen cocktails. Slowcooker is a great multi-tasker.

Utensils: manual, squeeze-type juicer for lemon and lime dishes. Graters for cheese and lemon/ lime zest. Cutting board(s, preferably two or more, preferably color-coded- red for meat, blue for fish, green for veggies, white for poultry). Hot pads and oven mitts. Can opener (either manual or electric). Colander for draining pasta and veggies.

Knives: chef knife, paring knife, serrated bread knife. That's all anyone needs.

Pots and pans: you already have these, but my set is non-stick with no handles. They have clip-on handles, so you can take the handles off and stack them neatly. They're awesome when you're young and still moving from dorms to apartments and such.

Storage: tupperware for leftovers. Microwave-safe, dishwasher-safe bowls for soup and pasta.

Cleaning supplies: dish towels, sponges, scrubbies/ steel wool, all-purpose kitchen cleaner, dish detergent.

TONGS
O
N
G
S

>so you can take the handles off and stack them neatly

Stacking non-stick cookware is retarded. The bottom of the pot on top will scratch the coating on the one below.

essentials:

large and small all-steel tongs.
large and small silicone spatulas.
ladle, slotted turning spatula, and other serving spoons.
set of flatware (forks, knives, spoons).
set of dishes (big plates, small plates, bowls).
set of water glasses.
stock pot, sauce pot, saute pan.
box grater.
various steel mixing bowls (amazon.com/Dozenegg-Standard-Weight-Mixing-Stainless/dp/B0169F8NVM).
manual can opener.
veggie peeler.
two half-sheet pans.
colander.
wire mesh sieve.
measuring spoons set.
measuring cups set.
wire whisk.
pyrex measuring cup (2 cup).
oven-safe casserole.
corkscrew.
aluminum foil.
parchment paper.
plastic wrap
crockpot.
coffeemaker.
set of small mason jars for spice storage.

bonus:

food processor.
blender.
scale.
muffin tin.
cooling racks.
hobart/kitchenaid mixer.

A panini maker, crock pot probably (I know I'm going to get a lot of shit for that one, but trust me, it is a lifesaver for working bachelors), a decent blender, some pyrex shit, good cake and muffin pans.

Just think, "what do I like cooking?" and ask for things that suit that.

I got mine as a gift well over a decade ago, and they're still great. My aunt payed for quality.

That's nice. It's still silly to abuse your cookware like that.

This, it doesn't matter how nice the cookware is, the teflon layer is thin, and extremely soft and easy to scratch, don't do stupid shit.

Do NOT:
stack or store things in the cookware
use metal utensils
eat the teflon flakes you are probably producing

Bumping to read your suggestions when I get home

this

a kitchen does not need a microwave

Okay, looking at what everyone posted and taking away what I have already/will never use (panini maker)

Big cutting board
Cast iron skillet
Deep pot
Blender
Food processor
Tupperware
Tongs
Ladel
Eating bowls
Mixing bowls
Measuring cup
Cassorale dish
Baking dishes/pans/trays
Crockpot
Large scale
Kitchenaid stand mixer
Cooling racks
Crockpot

Thanks guys!

Th-thanks mom

Get a toaster oven so you dont feel like a fuckhead heating the entire oven up for small dishes meant for one person

spatula

>not using a panini maker

You will regret this.

How so? I don't really make sandwiches

If you have a panini maker, you will make more delicious hot sandwiches. I promise.

Also they're like $20

lol. stop being such a mopey bitch. she wants ti get you something to help you. not to futureproof your kitchen for the next 3 years

I use it almost everyday for reheating leftovers.
Not indispensable, but very useful nonetheless.

A noose to hang yourself you Hillary voting faggot.

I can't remember the last time I bought a loaf of bread let alone made a sandwich
Which is why I told her that I don't expect her to buy me anything. She asked for a list of what I needed, I gave it to her.
I voted Trump though

>just copy-pasting a list of shit to buy from fucking Veeky Forums to your mom
>voted Trump
makes sense

Learn to think for yourself you underage newfag reddit scum

>25
>been here since 2005
(You)

lEaRn tO ThInK FoR YoUrSeLf yOu uNdErAgE NeWfAg sCuM

how could he be underage if he voted for trump?

>white ranger
>leader

Bitch everybody knows the sixth ranger is always some edgy loner that comes in maybe two or three episodes.
Red Ranger was native american anyway. :V