Hello Fresh

What do you guys think about Hello Fresh and similar services?
I personally think it's kind of pathetic that people will pay for things like this when they could just look up recipes and go shopping themselves.

>I'm poor as fuck so I don't understand how some people value time more than money.

>I'm a good goy who pisses away money because I'm apathetic

I don't like them at all. They're overpriced, and I don't like the idea of getting random produce or meat--I'd much prefer to go to the market and select those things myself. That way you can avoid lumpy/misshapen vegetables, cuts of meat with poor marbling, too much/little fat, etc.

Plus it takes away the fun of going to the market, seeing what looks good & getting inspired. Or, if you want to save money, it takes away the ability of being able to choose what's on sale.

Sweet, so you're not only poor, but you're also ignorant. My post had absolutely nothing to do with "apathy". I assume you think that word fit because you grew up malnourished and your stunted brain can't handle abstract concepts like the saving of time by eliminating a part of something you find onerous.

For my birthday one year, since my parents know I like to cook, they subbed me to "mantry" for like 6 months.

The food quality is surprisingly good, like, really, really delicious, however I find the boxes extremely overpriced and would never buy them myself.

aw, that was nice of them, though

Lmao, so rude. So you obviously think the services are worth the money. That's cool, dude. Don't have a cow.

Oh it was great, I think as a gift they are fantastic, but I personally wouldn't order them for me. In fact, I've gotten a couple for friends just getting into cooking, and they seemed rather pleased.

The contents are generally very high quality, and are good for starter cooks to help determine what is good and what isn't, also, the spices are really good and they give you way more than enough, so you can use them for a couple months even if you cook frequently.

Also I think it is important to point out that I'm not a shill, and just remember the ingredients rather fondly.

>start thread calling something "pathetic"
>get responses in kind
>calls those responses rude
I don't think they're worth it, but I also enjoy shopping for food. It's not that hard to imagine someone though who really likes cooking and trying things that mightn't have occurred to them, but also not really being fond of shopping for whatever reason. Bam, a service that cuts out the part that they don't like or don't have the time to indulge in, so something that they'll be willing to pay for.

Hell, maybe it's a place in BFE where you can't find interesting ingredients to try out without driving over an hour away. That gas money could definitely offset the higher price per serving.

There's a lot of reasons people can value this sort of thing, so yeah, go fuck yourself you goddamn passive aggressive shithead.

Lol finding simple, achievable tasks that improve the necessary skills needed to master a craft onerous is apathy. You are apathetic towards cooking. Which is fine just admit that you are. Anyone who can't be bothered to grocery shop, prep, and create their own meals is apathetic towards cooking maybe not food in general but definitely cooking. If you buy a nice car but always have someone else to the maintenance you are apathetic towards working on cars but not cars themselves.

Y'know that first reply to you wasn't OP, right?
Hell, I wasn't even calling you specifically pathetic so why did you immediately get all bitchy? Chill out, dude.

Chill, the sub boxes have a legitimate reason to exist, even if they are overpriced. To say someone is "apathetic towards cooking" when dropping like $50 on a box of good quality ingredients, I can't call them that in good faith.

You are being rude, just because you don't see the value in them doesn't mean the people who do "aren't real cooks." That is a very rude thing to say.

My local grocery store only sells tasteless moldy produce. This would probably be a good option to get around that but AmazonFresh sells produce and meats now!

That's not what I said. They are real cooks, they are just apathetic.

>this pastry chef doesn't know how to select the best quality geoduck
>man they're sure apathetic about cooking

But that is wrong.

A pastry chef bakes not cooks so yeah that's possible
But it isn't. If I made a million dollars a day I still wouldn't buy one of these. I'd have a state of the art kitchen and a thousand dollar knife. You know why? Because I'm an enthusiast not an apathetic amateur. user accused us of not liking the service because we're poor but that's not the case at all.

I don't think it is just one person you're talking to. I also don't think it is okay to just blanket people like that.

Nope, two people.