What is the science behind bathroom doors like this?

What is the science behind bathroom doors like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twisted_nematic_field_effect
foxnews.com/us/2010/04/07/va-man-acquitted-flashing-passers-home.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I looks like a polarizing filter sanwiched between some glass panels, when you turn the lock it shifts the panel which makes the glass opaque

>that webm

LCD

When the lock is engaged, a current is run through the glass. Which causes elements within the panels to change their alignment.

one has to be right

>still only milky and not completely opaque
0/10 basically like shitting in public would not use.

So if there is a power outage, what keeps them opaque?
I imagine that indoors it would be less of an issue, as there is less natural light around, but depending where it is utilized what would stop you becoming visible as you are taking a shit (obviously it being in the reverse, current flowing to keep it transparent, cut and it goes opaque).

I believe this

it's really dumb as people don't know this will happen so will not use them

>So if there is a power outage, what keeps them opaque?
if it is LCD, you just need the front and back polarizing film to be the same angle
it would make opaque the "default" state, and only let light through when powered

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twisted_nematic_field_effect

They're fine. I've seen them at the narita airport.

>people are dumb and assume they'll have no privacy as they shit
I think it would be more the state of the bathroom being visible as the person leaves.
People are dicks. They'll make a mess when given half a chance.

>go in bathroom
>pull down pants
>take loudest nastiest shit possible
>stand up and bend over to wipe my ass
>maintain mile long accidental erection the whole time
>forgot to turn the LCD wall on
>12 people and a child witnessed the shit circus
>arrested for indecent exposure

seriously though, could i get charged for taking a shit in a glass bathroom?

Indecent exposure laws generally require some form of intent, accidental exposure isn't prosecuted

>Indecent exposure laws generally require some form of intent, accidental exposure isn't prosecuted

False

yup

Well that's how it works in California, accidental exposure isn't chargeable, sorry you live in some shithole state

lmao that soyboy face at the end

Both can be. One's mechanical (less likely) the other electronic (like an LCD calculator display).

Your failed attempt in court to excuse your exhibitionism as accidental does not mean accidental exposure is prosecuted.

Where are these at Narita???

One of those rare moments where the wojak poster is completely relevant.

Dispersed liquid crystals.

Molecules float in a disarrayed manner hence you can see through it. Apply a voltage and all the molecules align forming crystalline domains which refract light, hence white opaque. If you lost power you would slowly lose order and would become clear again.

I worked on analogs of this in gradschool. High tech green buildings like to use it but it's hilariously wasteful interns of power.

foxnews.com/us/2010/04/07/va-man-acquitted-flashing-passers-home.html

Also curious, never seen them.

You are allowed to be as naked in your own home as you want.
Technically the people looking at you in a public restroom are "peeping toms" and CAN be prosecuted.