You take the strongest base and the strongest acid and mix them. Which wins?

You take the strongest base and the strongest acid and mix them. Which wins?

neither

The Jews.

probably

litteraly nothing they'll both be turned into water because of the interactio HO-(base) + H3O+(acid) =H20

entropy

What the fuck do you mean? They obviously both "win". A strong acid donates it's protons easily while a strong base accepts them easily. They go hand in hand.

Lol trick question, it's water who wins OP. Water always wins. If by win you mean still exists after the reaction.

heat
this
wwii was a jew op

How did they create that effect?

stoichiometry

Whichever one that you poured in excess wins

sulfuric acid

acetone and styrofoam

Us when it boils and spits all over your stupid face

not enough information

bumping for interest
which one wins out? is it the acid or base that's left over to have an effect?

They neutralize each other.

>which one wins out? is it the acid or base that's left over to have an effect?
Chemfag here: your question is fucking stupid. Which one is left over will depend entirely on how much of each one you put in.

mixing a superacid and superbase will just cause an explosion, and you will lose.

a c i d

Who wins? A sun made of acid vs a sun made of base?

It's implied EQUAL AMOUNTS. Strongest acid, strongest base, mix them equal amounts in a bowl. Which wins?
hmmm what if you mixed them in a theoretical bulletproof container that could contain such an explosion? Which one wins?

What was the consensus on that one?

NO MATTER WHO WINS, WE LOSE

sun made of ACID
kek
I'm happy as fuck you can't do shit about it.

huh

you've made water and salt assuming equal molarity and single degree dissociation

The resulting salts

OP thinks acid would win, and i think OP is a bundle of twigs, who's right?

the strongest known acid is way stronger than strongest base, but mostly there would be no way of knowing since things would go boom really fast

>the strongest known acid is way stronger than strongest base
this, you will get lot of heat, salts and acid

bumping for interest. Do we have so few chemists on here that no one can answer? I think it would be pretty interesting, thequestion of whether there would be more acid or more base left over.
I remember studying alkali metals for science class and how mixing them in water could cause a massive explosion, so believe me, I understand your point. But theoretically (and perhaps realistically) could we not mix the two strongest substances in an anti-explosion container? Like something that could withstand a massive explosion. Perhaps a box made of diamond or gold or another hard material.

bump