Oh my god I FUCKING LOVE EGGNOG

oh my god I FUCKING LOVE EGGNOG

Me 2

Nice thread
Wawa eggnog is the greatest shit; how do you replicate that? I've used about half a dozen recipes, I always end with essentially just rich milk. How do I achieve that T H I C C nog?

You and me both.

I do not like eggnog

You need more eggs. I use like 2 dozen egg yolks for a half-gallon of eggnog. Also if you're not making it on the stove, you're doing it wrong.

>Also if you're not making it on the stove, you're doing it wrong.

What the fuck
Cooking eggnog is the exact opposite of doing it right, just make a fucking custard if you want to play chef.

I tried making Alton browns aged eggnog and it was way too strong, am I a little bitch? he puts bourbon, rum and cognac in it. I still have some in my fridge from last year.
stabilizers

How the fuck do you make your eggnog then? You have to heat it on the stove so the eggs will make it THICC

I saw some at Big Y today

I started drinking with eggnog and rum

First time I ever got drunk was an awesome solo experience. Drinking with others is overrated

Added a ton of songs to my Spotify playlist

The THICC comes from mixing in heavy cream you clod.

Even if you used nothing but heavy cream in your eggnog, it wouldn't come close to the same thickness you'd get by cooking the egg/milk mixture on the stove.

That texture is called custard and it is not an eggnog.

It doesn't matter what you call it, faggot. It's objectively better.

Wrong.

you can get it even thicker if you just put scrambled eggs in a glass

Same. I'm glad eggnog season starts on October 1st now. One month of nog was never enough.

Never been able to actually make it at home though. I can achieve the right consistency but the flavor is always off.

Big Y is rad. Mine has decent sushi now.

Whip the whites and fold them in you fucking faggots.

Is this worth trying?

>local supermarket selling chocolate eggnog and mint eggnog this year
holy shit it’s so good

never had it

whats your go to recipe?

2 parts eggs
1 parts nog
nutmeg
molasses

I enjoy soco 'nog. Thick and sweet.

Traditional is best

Buy organic valley eggnog from the store then add courvoisier vsop and wild turkey 81.

Needs more booze

I think I'm going to try this. Mines never thick enough like the store brands with guar gum and shit in them.

No way, that is the worst tasting and most expensive storebought egg nog. If youre gonna add a bunch of booze, just get the cheap shit, I'd recommend J.D. Watkins but I think its pretty regional.