Almond Milk

What the hell am I supposed to do with this? It literally tastes like drinking watery almonds.

I suppose I should've expected that, but what the hell do I do with it now? Can I bake with it? it there a way to make it taste better that isn't just "dump sugar in it and/or mix it with actual cream"? Does it have other cooking uses?

If you're just trying to get rid of the stuff without wasting it, it substitutes alright in kraft dinner

It's basically a ripoff. Almost no nutrients. More like almond water

why did you buy almond milk if you don't like almonds?

Dump it down the drain and stop buying dumb shit

>kraft dinner
I know I'm on Veeky Forums, but I'm not that pathetic.

>nutrients
Actually it seems an okay delivery mechanism for a number of vitamins present in almonds provided you drink enough of it, but yes it is generally inferior to just drinking a glass of milk and eating a handful of almonds.

It was $1.50 and I figured I'd try something new; I thoroughly enjoy almonds and this lacks most of the shit that makes non-dairy "milk" so fucking awful so I figured it would be at least a decent way to spend a dollar and a half.
it seems that I was wrong, it tastes like a cup of water that a few almonds soaked in overnight, and now I'm trying to find a way to salvage this.

You use it as a milk substitute genius, substitute it in cooking you'd use milk for and it adds an almond taste

Add some sugar and vanilla if you don't enjoy the unsweetened taste

Tbh if you _have_ to buy a milk substitute I think Hemp milk tastes the best

>It tastes like a cup of water that some almonds soaked in overnight

How exactly do you think almond milk is made because that's pretty accurate

Then they might add some preservatives, also flavoring and sugar if you don't buy unsweetened (unsweetened generally is best for baking ane substitution and sweetened is better for drinking and smoothies)

Mix it with some fruits in a blender with cream and ice desu

use it in place of milk in jello instant puddings - make fridge pies with it while it might not be fucking freezing out. the time for cold pies is running out by the second you fools!

>substitute it in cooking you'd use milk for
So it can be used for things like eggs, and sauces?
Actually now that I think on it, it seems like this might go quite nice in a sauce, lend it some nutty taste while still being lazy enough to avoid grinding/shaving actual nuts.

Almond milk generally blends the almonds and the milk and then strains it though, allowing more of the flavor and nutritional content to diffuse to the water, and at least some of the ground almond does make it into the final product; this tastes just like a few almonds were casually dumped into a glass of water, allowed to sit overnight, and then fished out in the morning with no additional prep.
Which I guess isn't a bad taste, it's not that I can't stomach drinking it, it's just there's no point to drinking watery and less flavored almonds when I could eat full-flavored almonds instead.

I do like the potential idea of backing with it though. Can it be used as a direct substitute for milk without fucking up the texture? Because almond bread or toasted cookies that don't involve chopping nuts is an inviting prospect.

Its not water. Catch a clue.

That's because you haven't activated the almond milk.

I use it for cereal. I’m lactose intolerant.

It's really good for protein shakes if your on a cut, Especially the sugar free kind.

Its good for every thing.

You should have got sweetened. Dairy milk has lactose so nut milk should have sugar added to compensate.

>use it in place of milk in jello instant puddings
doesn't work

Yes it works.

I use it whenever I eat cereal because cow milk makes my face break out. It's also good for protein shakes instead of water.

>unsweetened
What did you expect?

But, hazelnut milk tastes best. I drink that straight in place of regular milk.

Bought this once since it was on sale compared to my normal brand.
Ended up using it in place of water for my ramen. Wasnt too bad, but no plan to buy it again

>Unsweetened
For cooking. Awful for drinking.

>Sweetened
For drinking. Although there's a fuckton of sugar in it.