Recent Purchases

Subject says it all: what have you bought recently - appliances or otherwise - for your kitchen?

Pic related; I got this microwave the other day for 12,99$, just put it up today and I'm excited.

congradumalations on your new appliance OP.

I have that same fucking oven, can't even fit a regular sized baking sheet in there. Fuck studio apartments.

Girlfriend got an off-brand Slap Chop from Walmart. It doesn't work for shit.

I really really would like to purchase a toaster oven, but I need some motivation to do it.

Ordered this on Friday from Amazon, it's supposed to arrive on Thursday. It's very cheap, $10, but should suit my needs as long as it doesn't fall apart.

I bought a 12 of shrimp flavored ramen, if I limit my self two a day during the work week I will have enough to eat one for the weekend. Maybe one day I can afford actual food.

I recently renovated my kitchen. Spent somewhere in the neighborhood of $4000 on new appliances, sink, fixture, disposal, lights. $2000 on granite, and another $1500 on little shit; flooring, paint, knobs, shases, etc etc

I like the china piggy

Haha, thanks. My wife went through a pig phase, which came after her owl phase, which was preceded by a hedgehog phase.

You spent all that money but didn't get gas hooked up for a decent stove?

got an oxo stick blender for $30 and a nice mandolin

fucking love them, asian cuisines and soups happen to be my favorites

So you intentionally bought an electric stove?

>microwave mounted above the stove

Then where is your exhaust fan?

Yeah. Couple reasons why, but it basically comes down to: wife wanted electric, we plan to move/rent/sell in a few years, and I'll get my gas range in the new place.

Integrated into the microwave

>microwave barely above hot stove top
Do Americans really build like this?

Had pretty limited counter/prep space to share with housemates, so picked up a stainless bench and it is just the best fucking thing.

If your wife wants electric what's gonna change that when you moved? Also, why the hell does she prefer an electric range anyways?

>Also, why the hell does she prefer an electric range anyways?

She's a huge pussy that is afraid she'll burn the house down.
To make one thing clear, I prefer gas, but really don't give too much of a shit. We'll get gas in a new place because I want it. Put electric in the current kitchen because I'm tired of listening to her whinge about gas. Don't get married.

so you didn't get new cabinets, or even new doors, eh? Go to a home depot or other place that offers cabinet refacing, or look into updating the 40-year-out-of-date arch style doors. not a fan of the tiles, either, but that's whatever

also, whoever designed your kitchen did a bad job, as the triangle of fridge/range/sink is spread out across the room, rather than being in one convenient work area.

you do know that over-the-range microwaves have a vent in them, right? right?

no, that's an area built for a cheap range hood, not an otr microwave

>Spend more money after the project is done

Nah, dude. Achieved the goals of updating it on a budget. Makes the wife happy, so whatever. Don't worry, I'll drink myself to sleep at night stressing that you don't like the doors or layout.

Certainly an improvement, anyway.

doesn't really matter whether i like the doors or not, they're just so out of style, it will be a knock on the place when you go to sell it.

Nobody cares except for a couple of picky hipster shitheads. Most houses have awful kitchen that are way worse than this guy's. At least his' is very classic and clean looking.

why are the cupboards above the stove so low??

Lol

hes a manlet

What a bitch. She better gives amazing head.

Works for me dude. I would've gone for lazy susan cabinets in the corners to squeeze out that last bit of useable space, but that's a nit-picky thing. I've got two of them in my kitchen, and I love 'em for the stuff I don't use that often.

>Don't get married
Duly noted. Fuck that noise.

Why is everyone so pro gas?

induction > Gas

- heats faster than gas
- no cleaning hassle

Gas gives fine control

>microwaves installed barely a foot above the stovetop
Are Americans clinically retarded, or...?

compromise and get induction

Mines 16" above the range, one more inch than recommended minimum
There's a lazy susan on the stove side, and a deeo blind cabinet on the other. Good for the pots and pans
Don't. Get. Married.

So you have to do with a half-assed blow job on your birthday where she asks you if you are done soon after a minute?
To contribute something more meaningful I moved out today and got a new toaster.

I've used both, but what are the benefits of gas? With electric, I can get 6 gallons of water screaming in like 2 minutes.

>but what are the benefits of gas?
-more powerful than electric
-lower energy cost than electric
-instant source of ignition for flambeing
-can roast peppers, and toast foods directly over the flame
-can instantly see the heat level by looking at the flame
-instant response to changes in heat
-works with any material, or shape, of cookware
-works in the event of a power outage
-performance is unaffected by warped or bent cookware
-more even heating

gallons of water screaming in like 2 minutes
Utter bullshit. That's the exaggeration of the century. Even with an industrial induction range it would take far longer.

I really want one of those

lol no, that's not how that kind of thing works. also that's a style thats not even classic at this point. just dated.

the only upside is on the before pic, you can see he lives in suburbia, and given the odds, probably flyoverland as well. styles there are always behind the times, so it's not AS out of date as if it were in a more modern area. still not a good look, and a detriment, as nearly every single buyer will want to change that, rather than keep it

I'm with you. Gas stoves are a meme. Uneven heat, often poorly designed burners, harder to clean, and I often find them much slower with routine tasks like boiling a big pot of water.

They're useful as fuck, especially when you're too impatient to wait on the bigger oven to preheat

This. They're also great when you need to bake two different things at once but they have different required temperatures.

For example, I'll often make a roast dinner and have a pie or tart going in the toaster oven while the roast & veggies are going in the big oven.

Got myself this faucet. I was a bit hesitant at first because it looks like something meant for a professional kitchen, but man, I fucking love it now. Cleaning stuff for/while cooking is a breeze now.

Cool, where did you get the gas toaster oven.

It was about $120 AUD, some of the best money I've spent. Just having a dedicated prep space is worth it, especially for bread and pastry.

Mine is electric, a Waring commercial model.

But they do make gas ones; they are used in RVs. I've also seen ones that use those cylindrical cartridges.

Got a gift certificate to Williams Sonoma so I got this.

Microwave and fuck off ugly electric stove, acts as centerpieces in this clusterfuck of an american consteallation.

Aahh. U.S.A. What a place ! What A. PLACE!

obsession.jpg

Jesus, how much was the gift certificate for? Those are easily a few hundred bucks, right?

>Those are easily a few hundred bucks, right?
Yeah, if you're set on buying that specific brand.
You can get a better one for $20 at your local supermarket. Le Crueset has a great reputation but their quality has been going downhill in recent years. Notice the plastic knob ion that pic! Not to mention they've been on a kick of making everything thinner. Perhaps that appeals to people of smaller stature who don't like to lift heavy things, but it's counterproductive for a dutch oven. The whole point of it is that the thick iron provides even heating. The cheaper brands are still making them thicker.

No one fucking cares, I live in flyover land and can guaranfuckingtee that a kitchen like that ups the sell price on a house by at least 8 grand and rent by at LEAST 75 dollars. Literally 70 percent of houses in the 100k range have kitchens that look like the before photo. The kitchens that look like the after photo (white cabinets, granite contrast, SS appliances) Those are the preferred looks and now that 100k house is like 120k

>microwave
>installed right above hob

Wow

This one was $400, but I needed an exceptionally large one as I took a side job over the summer preparing for large parties.

You can get a 5.5qt, which is more than enough for about $250.

As for what said, the knob is safe up to 450F, and you can order a metal one if you need to exceed that. I've been using them ever since I was a kid, so that's why I decided to go with LC again. The US department is great with their warranty as well, short of using metal utensils on it or throwing it, they're more than happy to replace it no questions asked.

I wonder where this comes from, Its like todays women know they are inept at being women because of what theyve been told by feminism. My mother can cook, my grandma can cook, All my older female relatives can cook and wouldnt dream of using electric, Every gf Ive had has never cooked a day in their life and thinks they would burn down the house if they tried, My last wouldnt even make sandwiches for fear of fucking them up but... she had problems.

What's a hob?

Some irrelevant countries call the top burners/elements of a range the hob.

That's sort of interesting. Thanks.

>works in event of a power outage
My power was out for like a week after a tornado hit my town. Most of the stuff in my fridge and freezer went bad in a day or two, but I could still cook with canned, fresh, and dry goods. This is why I now keep a lighter in the kitchen now. I went without the first day.

Last time the power went out here we just used the fireplace. Got the family together with some blankets and candles, set up the portable TV since my uncle is a maniac and hordes D-cell batteries like they're the cure to his cancer, and made "camp food" by the fire. We had toast, eggs, hot dogs, burgers, hot cocoa, you name it. Shit was comfy.

Would have been handy to cook a turkey dinner, I guess, but what'cha gonna do? Besides, I live in a first world country, so the last time the power went out it was only for a day or two, and it was over a decade ago.

>12,99$
Nigger, do you mean $1,299 or $12.99?

>Americans

But that's a sieve.

Anyone can be a cook! It has holes? It's a colander! Cooking anything? Always pre-heat to 350! Boil your noodles! Eat a cabbage!

It's a mesh colander. A sieve won't have any obstructions like a colander or chinoise.

>A sieve won't have any obstructions
Nigga that's a bowl.

you paid too much, user.

here's my kitchen remodle

I have the same microwave lol it's like 13 years old at this point, still going strong.