I currently and have been having at least one serve of meat in my meal everyday...

I currently and have been having at least one serve of meat in my meal everyday, 7 days a week for many many years but I'm getting to an age where I think I should reduce my meat intake per week. Anyone here use to eat a lot of meat but have reduced their intake? My concern is if I eat less meat I will be still be hungry and may in turn eat other unhealthy food such as carbs, sweets etc to compensate.

How should I go about this. Any tips would be appreciated.

I had to cut my meat intake because I move to a country were meat is very expensive. I can only afford ground beef a couple of times a week. Maybe some chicken.

At first I did have trouble feeling hungry, and I think I was overeating shitty carbs like rice and bread. After 1 year it is a bit better, I can control myself better and I am not longer fat. But I do miss meat.

Meat is glorious.

Beans.

Nuts and beans. Also just eat lighter meats, use fish, shellfish, and turkey instead of beef, lamb, or pork.

>Also just eat lighter meats
Yeah because sucking dick is better than kissing girls.

Do you just buy shit loads of canned beans? What kind of beans?

Would chicken and maybe fish be better substitute for red meat?

Ground turkey is a pretty decent substitute for beef, I'd start there.

Depends on what you want. Black beans and pinto beans are decent by themselves, kidney beans are used for soups and chilis. Be careful with kidney beans though, if you don't buy the canned ones, you need to wash them and cook them thoroughly, because they are poisonous.

>for red meat
No, but if you still want meat without the high fat content of beef then fish is an excellent choice.

>ground turkey
Literally kill yourself

Why is age a factor in you eating less meat? If you feel reducing your intake would cause potential negative consequences and you're physically and mentally healthy, why the fuck are you actually cutting it out?

I used to eat a lot of processed junk food, lots of carbs and red meat a few times a week. A few years ago I switched to sort of a pescatarian ketogenic diet, removing pretty much all carbs and processed crap. I replaced beef and pork with fish, chicken and eggs. I eat red meat maybe once a month. I eat no refined sugar, more vegetables, a little bit of fruit and nuts. Olive oil and saturated fats like butter seem fine so far. I lost about 30 pounds in the first year and have kept it off since. My bmi and overall health stats are all in the ideal "normal" range now.

As I was approaching 40, I was looking around at everyone else my age starting to get fat and unhealthy and I just didn't want that guy. Seems there's like a point where you body never goes back to it was in your 20's and early 30's if you let yourself go. So yeah, just do shit like that and try to exercise an hour a day and it's about as good as you can do after genetics. It's not that hard.

ass cancer and getting fat

I don't consider a meal to be a meal unless it contains meat.

Also, I don't drink much. Probably 1 drink a week. Usually red wine.

What about eggs? More eggs and less meat is good?

Well that was me and still is, if there is no meat I just feel like something is missing but studies have shown that too much meat is NOT a good thing for your body. So that's why I'm trying to change my eating habit.

Why? Protein equals mass gains.
Eat more meats and whey protein.
Do weight training 4 days a week, cardio 1 day a week. 2 days rest but still go for walks.
Salmon is good, but very expensive.
I bulk up eating beans and sausage with rice.
I buy 1lbs of dry beans (usually red kidney or great white northern, sometimes white lima beans), soak them in a big pot full of water for an hour, boil for an hour, add in sauage, bell peppers, onions, seasonings, boil for about 5 hours, and there you go. Protein-packed, delicious, and filling food for a three day supply in a matter of 7 hours.
I make it with rice seperate. You could technically cook the rice in the water, but I don't because I think it saves more broth that way.
Also, never let the water get too low. But make sure the broth is not completely just bean water and runny.

I would say I eat a dozen eggs in a week. Fine so far after three years.
I'm almost 40, 5'11", and my weight fluctuates between 165-170 lbs.

I'd say my BF is about 12% now, whereas before at like 195 is was probably in the mid to high 20's. I'm not afraid of any kinds of fats except trans fats. I sort of count calories, but pretty much just eat when I'm hungry and don't worry about it. The only thing I really never eat is refined sugar and hydrogenated oils. Honestly, I think just having a moderate approach to eating, drinking and exercising is the key to not being an unhealthy old person.

>boil for 5 hours
You can cut that out a lot if you just soak the beans overnight instead of for 1 hour.

I eat like a pound a day on average which is 4-5 servings od meat per day. I really need to cut back as well. Soda and alcohol too.