Martin quits writing Winds of Winter because GoT spoiled major plot points

uk.blastingnews.com/entertainment/2017/05/the-winds-of-winter-postponed-anew-after-george-rr-martin-quit-writing-001730325.html

That's it boys. He's given up. It's never coming out.

Other urls found in this thread:

grrm.livejournal.com/536859.html
grrm.livejournal.com/465247.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Aside from that, Martin has also been reported to be writing the script of five “Game of Thrones” spinoffs. According to rumours, the upcoming “Game of Thrones” Season 8 is going to be the last installment of the TV series but spinoff series are totally going to follow after its finale.

Show's better anyway.

>Martin reportedly became disappointed with David Benioff and Dan Weiss for featuring some spoilers for the upcoming sixth “A Song of Ice and Fire” novel
>Meanwhile, the "A Feast of Crows" writer has recently established the StageCoach Foundation, which aims to help budding filmmakers improve their skills in production. “The Winds of Winter” author is reportedly planning to ask the help of his good pals in Hollywood to help train the newbies.
Now that's what I call assblasted.

>article written by Jaja

Moral of the story: Don't sell your soul!

Can't wait for a more progressive writer to take over this series. This bigoted misogynist has spent enough time ruining a potentially great series with his fantasy.

This. Martin sold his soul because of the popularity of faux geek culture and he wanted to be the next Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter but look at where it has gotten him? Martin should've remained a niche fantasy author until he at least had books 1-6 out before signing a deal with HBO but he wanted that money and fame badly.

Kek. That guy really is never going to finish winds of winter. We've just been memeing about it but it seems like it's real. I don't really care, but I do feel kinda bad for all the fans that have been waiting patiently while being continuously disappointed by this tub of lard.

>but look at where it has gotten him

yeah, all of that fuck-you money and worldwide acclaim really came back to bite him in the ass

he def should have remained a largely anonymous nobody and then quietly died of a heart attack at a red lobster in delaware, leaving his works to be posthumously produced so that he couldn't enjoy any of the fruits of his work

Everything was going to shit before he became famous though, after the disappointment of A Storm of Swords people were sceptical as fuck of him.

It doesn't matter. Next collaboration with Dozois on another compilation fucking when? Old Venus, Rogues and Dangerous Women were all good reads.

GOT fans are literal subhuman cucks who only read that and other reddit shite anyway

their happiness is dependent on an 80 year old man with a cheeseburger addiction

In other words: nothing has changed. He was never planning on finishing the book anyways.
Genrefags btfo, again.

and your happiness in dependent on feeling superior on a vietnamese manhwa website

>cucks
>le plebbit
I'll take a silly YA redditor over autistic /pol/ teenager any time of the day.

yeah mine is achievable because I am superior

>le pol boogeyman
the only thing you'll take is imported black cock up the ass you fucking snowflake

So he's pulling another A Feast For Crows? Fucking kek.

>The #Winds of Winter

BRAVO MARTIN

grrm.livejournal.com/536859.html

Grrm gonna need some adderall...

FINISH THE FAT FUCK YOU BOOK

I have bad news for you: straight men do not think about nigger dick, especially not to the point where it becomes a reflexive Tourettes-like response to anyone who disagrees with your beliefs. Get help before you have a total mental breakdown.

>actually using snowflake as in insult unironically
>completely out of context and unprompted
I can't believe I'm seeing this with my own eyes

honey, calm down

>new stories set in the "secondary universe" (to borrow Tolkien's term)
>FIRE AND BLOOD (that's the GRRMarillion, remember?)
I thought ruling was hard?

>(If we do get five series on the air, I might have to change my name to Dick Direwolf).
Dick Wolf is enough.

Oh, that's a fucking relief.
Now I'm free to go and shit down the throat of whatever ASoIAF fan I find with impunity.

not an argument

>after the disappointment of A Storm of Swords people were sceptical as fuck of him

Were they really? I was like 8 when it came out so I'm seriously asking. I loved a Storm of Swords, and it seems to be the most beloved out of the five. Are you sure you aren't referring to Feast for Crows?

lel, stop panicking, we're all anonymous here

All of this could have been avoided if he had just finished Dance in a timely manner. But noooo we gotta wait 6 years for that shit. The series should have been finished before the 6th season started and they had to start copying from his notes.

>He hasn't already been shitting on them

nice meme response ya brain-dead faggot

kekd

It should have, but that would have required the guy to actually sit down and write instead of consuming cheeseburgers and watching football.

Are we seeing the death of what was known after 2007 as "nerd culture"? Is this the end?

Look, as bad as he is, those people that encourage him to go on doing it are worse. Every time he's delayed a book there's like hundreds of people saying, "Don't worry, Georgie, take your time, make it perfect!" Like, bitch, can you stop? He's not making it perfect. He's got 10 fucking blogs in a row strictly covering American football, followed by 3 of him trying to shill other authors. Jesus.

He won awards for a bunch of books before he even wrote the ASOIF series. He was writing for TV, like Twilight Zone. He wasn't anonymous

Reminder that it's DRUMPF'S fault we don't have TWOW

if we had elected Hillary we'd have it by now

>literally ignores the OP's political comment and tells him to stay on topic
proof that Trump fellaters can't comprehend what they read

>I'm totally still writing it, guys!

Why are you trying to make a thread about a fantasy series into a political one? You stupid fucking /pol/ack. Go back to your containment board, please.

>he doesn't know that over half the posts on this board are /pol/ related now
I've just learned to ignore it. They're not going to go away unless the janitors do something.

God I hope so

Blumpf BTFO

>implying GRRM hasn't taken every opportunity to run out in front of cameras and scream "Presdient Pussygrabber" every 10 seconds instead of writing.

>Meanwhile, the "A Feast of Crows" writer has recently established the StageCoach Foundation, which aims to help budding filmmakers improve their skills in production. “The Winds of Winter” author is reportedly planning to ask the help of his good pals in Hollywood to help train the newbies.

finally this fat cunt does something worthwhile. fair play to him

normie series anyways

>"A Feast of Crows" writer
>“The Winds of Winter” author

wow, so this is journalistic writing

Show is better

Yeah, continue being a no name fucking nobody fat POS and continue writing books that you don't even want to anymore.

I'm sure he prefers his life now compared to sitting at a desk for hours on end writing.

Why was he upset about spoilers? They're telling the same story.

That's not journalism

It's almost as if surprises and secrets make for good stories.

(They don't - your story is shit if all it offers are surprises and secrets.)

Then put the book out already you fat fuck
2 years, fine, you gotta make it perfect, you gotta undo knots in the story, fine. But 5 fucking years later? If you're disciplined, like you get up at 8 am every day and write from 8 to noon, have a lunch, then write noon to 8 with a break or two in between, you can write 1000 pages in a year no fucking problem, but this fat fuck has absolutely ZERO (0) discipline in him.
If I ever hear him complain about "his story" being spoiled by the show I will flip shit.

why is this shit not all over le reddit ? I expected tears on the asoiaf subreddit

>reportedly
>reportedly
>reportedly
>some quotes from last year

Post it

>browsing reddit
go back and stay there

I've waited so long I really don't care. I've come to realize that the mystery of a story is always better than the reveal. No matter what GRRM does, the hype about what he might do will always outcompete him. Where the Others came from or if there's a Great Northern Plot or the Littlefinger Debt Scheme will never be as satisfying as theorizing about these things. I honestly don't really care if he finishes the series anymore.

The secret never matches the mystery. If your entire story is only interesting because of the mysteries, the ending will fall apart. You can never write a reveal which matches the hype.

wait till his money runs out.

highly doubt it. He'll be resting on his laurels and the merch money long after hes dead and Song of Spring is just left written on post-it notes

You're ruining this board

This type of writing throws me into a rage desu.

No one cares about the books anymore. Once you provide a film/tv alternative to a book, it's over. People will consume your shit one hour a week instead of reading.

>but look at where it has gotten him?

Drowning in a sea of chocolate.

Because the title is sensationalist bullshit. If you read the article you'd see that there's no actual news.

JUST TELL US WHAT HAPPENS TO STANNIS YOU FAT FUCK

My bro he is in his 60s

He's been writing since the 70s

That's enough time being niche.

He was decapitated by Brienne of Tarth while sitting up against a tree.

After sacrificing his family and having half his army abandon him.

You know, like the grumpy turd he is.

Stannis didn't die in the books, nor did he kill his daughter. That was pure D&D.

>the average asoiaf fan

He's been doing writing for tv for many many years

>grrm.livejournal.com/465247.html
>Jan. 2nd, 2016 at 12:24 AM

>grrm.livejournal.com/536859.html
>May. 14th, 2017 at 6:01 PM
>I AM STILL WORKING ON WINDS OF WINTER

tfw everyone is arguing about an article with no real substance.

It's a dull Sunday afternoon, I'm not surprised.

>implying that allows you to ruin Veeky Forums

I dont go on reddit unless I am building a PC

ASOS is the best book of the series yeah, it didnt disappoint anybody

Among my friends the first three books were beloved and eagerly awaited.

Of course we were reading RA Salvatore Drizzt books before that so take that as you will.

And nothing of value was lost.

Weak bait

Should I even bother reading the series at this point?

This. It was the highpoint in the series, and it should have ended there. Would have been viewed as a masterpiece in its genre, even if the ending was left unresolved. It's become a joke now.

One of the best fantasy books I've read for sure. There have been better series than ASOIAF out there but those first three books (particularly the first and third) were genuinely great pieces of fantasy writing. Forth and fifth books were shit in comparison.

agreed. i lost my fucking life during the 3rd book. some good fucking fiction. i read somewhere on here that the red wedding was his way of pouting cause everyone figured out the ending to his story. any truth to that?

Are you people this retarded in not realizing that this is a complete clickbait article?

Seriously, there's literally a article written everyday about TWOW with nothing new in it just to bait people into visiting the site.

If nothing matters then why does it hurt?

I realize this but it doesn't curb my want to meme and shitpost about GRRM. We all know that it'll be at least a couple years before he shits out the rest of the book to appease his fans, though. He'll probably just add a few boring Daenerys chapters and call it a day.

The show fell off a cliff once the producers started writing it themselves. GRRM was struggling to tie it all together, but the show producers shit out an almighty turd last year

Was gonna happen in Winds of Winter anyway.

Yeah the last season dropped considerably in quality. I don't really know what happened. Suddenly characters could teleport all over the fucking map and be in places that they're logically not supposed to be in. It was never amazing to begin with, but it was definitely miles ahead of most other television shows and I quite like a few of the actors.

how is his wild card series?

yeah and arya lives through being shanked and falling into a river. some magic hurr dur will work.

GRRM Secretly added a fast travel.

Not even close to correct

Martin signed a deal 2 years after he had finished his 3rd book, when he thought he was about to finish his fourth. The wait between the first two was never longer than two years, and he thought he would only need five novels.

He just misjudged his ability to keep writing that series. It's been a dozen years since he first talked screen adaptations and he's no closer to terminus.

It's no ones fault but his own.

What's slowly begun to dawn on me is that it's really possible that Martin just doesn't fucking know how to end the books. That he may just not be a good enough writer to pull all the shit he's put in the series together to a satisfying conclusion. Tolkien could do it. Wolfe could do it. Outside of fantasy you've got great writers like Faulkner and Melville who could juggle complex plots with lots of characters and multiple points of view. Martin just may not be in that caliber, and so while he was good enough to set all this in motion, he's not good enough to bring it to a halt. He has bumped his fat shaggy head against the ceiling of his own talents.