Is Five Guys a meme? Quite honestly I find them pretty alright, but they are definitely on the pricy side...

Is Five Guys a meme? Quite honestly I find them pretty alright, but they are definitely on the pricy side. Is it just the luck of the draw with the one that I go to?

Yurofag here. I thought it was alright too but way too expensive for what it is.
I have nothing against pricey food if there's good service. The issue is, it's McDonald's level of service, it's noisy (very loud music), and it's honestly the most "ok" burger I've ever had. There isn't anything special. I paid like 35 euros for two burgers, two fries, and two sodas.
So if they are cheaper why not, or if they provide something really mindblowing, sure but I won't come back again.

I like them a lot but their prices suck ass. I do love the huge amount of fries they give you though. Cajun fries or gtfo.

I like their fries but all in all it's just not worth it.

Five Guys is fine, I'd go in just for fries, burgers could be a couple bucks cheaper but it's not that bad. If I was going to call any chain a meme I'd say chick-fil-a is more of a meme and the most overrated chain by a wide margin.

5Guys is the best fast food burger.

>inb4: b-but its expensive!
Fucking poor-fags.

I don't disagree with people complaining about the burger prices but five guys burgers are about as good as Red Robin, Longhorn or any other chain sit down restaurant burger for the same price without having to wait 20-30 minutes.

If I just wanted a decent fast burger I'd go to Wendy's but Five Guys is in a weird "premium fast food" area so it really depends on what you want.

Typical fucktard.

Expensive doesn't always mean "I can't afford it"

It tastes like shit for the price.

Typical broke ass loser.

Why don't you get some fucking money and stop crying over a couple bucks?

Five Guys seems to tout itself as being fresher than other burger chains and therefore higher-quality and healthier. That last part does sound ridiculous, especially when you look at their nutritional info, but that's what a lot of people seem to believe. I guess years of Subway advertising implying "'fresher' = always healthier" is to blame for that.

But yeah, I guess it is kind of a meme, although a very effective one.

>being so insecure about your standard of living that you have to brag to strangers on an anonymous online imageboard about how much money you spend on fast food

I still wouldn't eat it if it cost the same as McDonald's. It's too expensive for the shit food you get. Five Guys is definitely a meme.

If I only got to eat five guys burgers every day for the rest of my life I think I'd be ok with that

This. It's an overpriced average burger, with too many fries.

this, a burger and fries is something daft like 17 bongbux here. Just tasted like a burger I'd make at home.

What a goddamn faggot. Just because your mom charges $80 for a short stay doesnt mean you can spend more money on mediocre fast food.

The one I went to was beyond greasy as fuck. It was a grease flavored patty with grease dipped buns, served with fries that had a generous layer of grease added.

If I wanted to drink a ladle of warm grease, I'd do just that for much less.

>go Five Guys with my in-laws and a few of their family members
>10 of us total
>I'm last in line
>apparently my wife (who went first) told them I would pay for everyone
>wtf
>don't want to look cheap in front of her family
>literally have to put up my car as collateral while I go to the bank to take out a second mortgage to pay for the meals
fries were p good tho

DAE not have a problem with their burgers being soaked and soggy? What the fuck, I’ve been to three different locations and this was the case each time

When they finally came to Ireland I was looking forward to it after hearing about them for so long.

I don't regret a single cent that I have paid for their food. I might not get it very often but I do think their burgers are consistently really good.

pretty much everyone has that experience. I'd much rather go to In-N-Out or The Habit, burgers are around the same quality and a lot cheaper (though the fries at Five Guys are far superior to either of those places)

Out of my fucking way coastal peasants.

Hahaha yes! Gonna have them tomorrow night since I'm leaving work early.

if 5 guys were a beer, they'd be budweiser

>overrated
>overpriced
>underwhelming

it's ok. i guess it's more underwhelming because all the hype americans give it. same with in-n-out new york pizza places

I agree with everyone that says that the fries are good. Definitely best value compared to everyone else simply because of how much you get for a "large", even in Canada.

It's good but overpriced. As everyone else says fries are 10/10

There's one of these near me and I'm on the east coast

It seems like every burger place is judged on the fries. “I only like 5 guys for the fries”. “McDonald’s fries are the best”. “Remember when Burger King had good fries?”

Maybe you guys aren’t really interested in the burgers. I for one always romanticize the burger in my head, even though I’ve aten one just about everywhere, and have never had a burger that has really impressed me. The closest would be Burger King.

I don’t think any of you really like hamburgers. I think you would be just as happy with a large order of fries and soda.

>coastal
>peasants

It’s almost cute watching someone beneath you try and take a swing at you.

Almost.

I work at a Five Guys. The food's pretty good, thought it's expensive enough that I'd probably only buy it occasionally if I didn't get it for free.

Cucked
Hope you peacefully shared your feelings with her afterwards in a safe space.

I worked at five guys. It's a restaurant run by people who have no fucking clue about working in a restaurant
>we don't use chemicals to clean the fryers and grill!
AKA
>the fryers and grill are always dirty
>the customer thinks there's more fries if we use smaller cups and pour more fries on top!
>we put sugar in our buns to make them taste better!
>we use shit tier 60/40 beef from US foods like everyone else
>but we hand-patty it so it's worth more
It's always slow there because it's such a shitty niche restaurant. No one who wants a fast food burger wants to pay $6 and wait 8 minutes for it. No one who wants to pay $8 for a hamburger meal and wait 8 minutes wants fast food quality shit when they can go to a full-service restaurant instead.

Eurofag here, been to america, california a few times to meet up with family. Five guys is awful. In n out is truly a gift, lucky bastards, enjoy that shit while you can. Was surprised that american dominos was as good as our dominos. And mexican food is fantastic. Thats about it. Its amazing how cheap fast food is over there, i can see why you guys tend to be fatasses. Mcdonalds was worse

pretty much this verbatim. but the prices keep spics & niggers out. so i'm okay with the business model.

DESU the fries are so good and they give you so much I could just get a mini burger or a grilled cheese or hotdog instead of a full burger.

I'm cheap so sometimes I go and get just a soda and fill up on peanuts while trying weird Coke Freestyle combos.