Chinese food

got some potstickers and fried shrimp balls

am i starting the day good Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.ca/maps/@43.8032513,-79.294998,3a,60y,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1skKN3E5AeviCr9H-jWa86nA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Possibly. Where's the sauce? This is important.

$14 only get 4 potstickers why do they have be so addictive?

A better question might be why don't you make them yourself? It's piss easy. Put ingredients in food processor. Pulse it to make the filling. You can buy the wrappers pre-made. Stick some filling on the center of one, fold it closed, then you can pan-fry them like OP, steam them, or deep-fry. Your choice.

If they are anything like making home made perogies its actually pretty labour intensive to hand fold each individual one.

The first time I tried it the first 2-3 were pretty clumsy, but after that it was no problem. And at the time I had very little experience working with dumplings or pastry. The wrappers are pretty difficult to tear. Plus it doesn't really matter if they don't look perfect; they still taste great.

this meme needs to die

having mini pizza for lunch

hot sauce for more taste

Why? What's hard about it?

hot sauce pretty good

>not growing your own wheat and raising your own pigs for meat
Get a load of this lazy fatass

Why the hyperbole, user? Making potstickers requires little skill, space, time, effort or anything else for that matter. It's absurd to compare it to growing wheat or raising pigs.

You need some fried milk to balance out the saltiness.

They are cheaper if you buy them frozen and in bulk, then you can panfried them yourselves.

SOME supermarkets carry them, but there are also stores in the Chinese suburbs that make (fill and fold) dumplings and 'little dragon/cage buns" (I don't know the English name) then you cook it yourself.

I'm trying to remember the name and address of the store around Finch and Milken that does this in Toronto, but my Aunt did the driving every time and I was just focused on counting how close we were to hitting another car.

I had a feeling you were talking about toronto before I even read the name. maybe 'chinese suburb' tipped me off, it could only be markham.

>milk
>solid not runny

I folded 40 in 15 minutes, it's really not bad at all. And since you're making them in bulk, you can freeze a bunch and have them whenever.

Or Richmond Hill, or in this case, Scarborough, which is now considered a part of Toronto.

I think it might actually be Finch and Kennedy, or near there. There are these industrial stores, one storey brick buildings linked together, somewhere around here:
google.ca/maps/@43.8032513,-79.294998,3a,60y,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1skKN3E5AeviCr9H-jWa86nA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Dumplings are delicious, I live in South Etobicoke now and I miss Chinese ice creams (Taro!) and that cheap dumpling store, though my aunt gets them for me still.

Friday is my cheat day and I'm unironically considering dropping $20 on a pork dumpling combo, boneless spare ribs and crab rangoon. I know I'm going to feel like absolute shit afterwards but I haven't had Chinese in months

honey chicken best chicken.

Side of potstickers ($3) and comes with 4 (or 5 if they know you) at my local chink cuisine purveyor.
Sometimes I'll cook my own bulk batch of like 50 if I have the urge.

several places by me serve frozen dumplings in bulk but I can never cook them properly. not matter what the meat inside is always raw.

Any answer other than hot mustard is incorrect.

Steam them, then fry them.

What the fuck is a potsticker

It's a unitasker that keeps your pots from being accidentally knocked off of or spilled onto the stove. It's popular with pet owners and parents of small children.

U wot m8

pots tickers?

The way my parents make pot stickers is this:
- get dumplings (whether they turn out as normal dumplings (steam or boiled) or pot stickers is just how you cook them)
- grease the bottom of a frying pan, put the dumplings on it up right (flat side with the meat against the pan, folded tip at top), fill the pan with water till the dumplings are half submerged
- cook the pan at half or quarter heat, dumplings are done shortly after water evaporates. When the water starts boiling I tend to lift the lid. Now I'm hungry.

>What the fuck is a potsticker
Same thing as dumpling or gyoza.

pan fried daikon radish cakes and deep fried shrimp balls